Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Would not buy it again until the final product is out, fully functional, and you all non-shills vouch for it.
Be careful friend, you are creating an unsolvable paradox! If and when we vouch for FSD, that very act will make us shills, right? 🤔

Then we'll be outside the non-shill Circle of Trust...

Conspiracy nuts. Elon-Anon sycophants. Alt-Tesla extremists.

Canceled like Deniers of the latest social-injustice keyword. Shillified and shunned, buried under a mound of Dislike and Laughter emojis.

I wish you hadn't started this. I'm feeling very nervous. I'm afraid to like FSD. I haven't felt this much anxiety since I let it attempt an Unprotected Left during rush hour yesterday.

First one of us goes down. Then the next guy and the next guy bite the dust, officially shillified, until you and jebinc are alone in a room with the last holdouts - probably 2101 and blader.

Please please, don't put this much social media pressure on us.
Free us.
Be a leader.
Fulfill your destiny.
Buy another Tesla with FSD.
Right now.
Click the mouse.
Do it.
They're on sale.
There's a subsidy.

That is all.

Yes, I've experienced this too. More like a slight hesitation while cresting a rise as the car peers over the peak, usually only 2-3 mph.
(@JHCCAZ - traveling River Rd. between Swan and Sabino Canyon)
There's a crest on my daily commute that's been an issue for FSD for many versions now. In addition to fairly hard PB, it also used to jerk the wheel like a madman, but that piece has thankfully gotten better with v11. I always override the PB with the accelerator, but this is the sort of thing that a human learns to accommodate as they become familiar with the route. I look forward to the day FSD can (hopefully) do the same.

Made that mistake once, won’t fall for it again. Would not buy it again until the final product is out, fully functional, and you all non-shills vouch for it.
That doesn't work with Tesla.

I could vouch that the front passenger can use Voice Command because there's a button on the home screen to activate it. But Elon took that away long before he also took away from the home screen the defrosters, seat heaters and other useful stuff.

Some fanboy here will vouch that button will come back just like the defrosters and seat heaters did. It's been over 2 years, that's 20% of the rest of my driving life. I'm not going to continue to hope/dream/wish for something I used so much to be returned to my car.

Speaking of rear defroster: my profile can't have the rear defroster, it just doesn't show up on the list of things I can select from the options. I can have all sorts of things I shouldn't use while the vehicle is in motion (and when navigating through screen levels is unwise) but I can't have that. BUT it is on my husband's home screen in his profile. We have no effing idea why he gets that option and I don't.

If you want things to be guaranteed, Don't Buy A Tesla.

Reactions: Ramphex and Genie
I always override the PB with the accelerator, but this is the sort of thing that a human learns to accommodate as they become familiar with the route. I look forward to the day FSD can (hopefully) do the same.
Right - FSDb basically drives like it's driving that route for the first time, everytime. Humans drive much better on familiar routes than new - they know what lanes to use, when to change lanes, when to merge etc based on past experience.

Hopefully Tesla will either start storing personal preferences for every road / route or use some kind of collective wisdom as meta data with the map.

Last edited:
Right - FSDb basically drives like it's driving that route for the first time, everytime. Humans drive much better on familiar routes than new - they know what lanes to use, when to change lanes, when to merge etc based on past experience.

Hopefully Tesla will either start including storing personal preferences for every road / route or use some kind of collective wisdom as meta data with the map.
I've said this for so long. there needs to be collective wisdom for Teslas and road abnormalities. If Accidents, pot holes, phantom breaking, etc are encountered that info should be shared with other nearby Teslas. If a Tesla 3 minutes ahead of me sees a car accident in the right lane with emergency vehicles, My car should be prepped for it.

I could vouch that the front passenger can use Voice Command because there's a button on the home screen to activate it. But Elon took that away long before he also took away from the home screen the defrosters, seat heaters and other useful stuff.

Some fanboy here will vouch that button will come back just like the defrosters and seat heaters did. It's been over 2 years, that's 20% of the rest of my driving life. I'm not going to continue to hope/dream/wish for something I used so much to be returned to my car.

Speaking of rear defroster: my profile can't have the rear defroster, it just doesn't show up on the list of things I can select from the options. I can have all sorts of things I shouldn't use while the vehicle is in motion (and when navigating through screen levels is unwise) but I can't have that. BUT it is on my husband's home screen in his profile. We have no effing idea why he gets that option and I don't.

I have driver and passenger seat heaters, defrost, and rear defrost on my home screen. I had to put them there manually.

I’ll consider purchasing the FSD on my next car whenever it gains @jebinc Seal of Approval.

I have driver and passenger seat heaters, defrost, and rear defrost on my home screen. I had to put them there manually.
Those app icons are minor issues. They are easier to change. I think version 2023.12.1 is addressing the issues. Main main issue is the user experience with the general UI. The UI should make the driver feel less anxious and more comfortable when using FSD.

That is the version number for FSD Beta V11.4, that went to employees a few days ago.
That seems all but impossible since it has not been released yet. It is also highly unlikely that 23.6.15 will be released anyway and there will be at least 1 or 2 updates (especially since the Notes indicate lots of changes). Then as per usual it will only go to a few influencers on the first release (probably 23.6.16 next week).

Reactions: Ramphex
Made that mistake once, won’t fall for it again. Would not buy it again until the final product is out, fully functional, and you all non-shills vouch for it.
Yeah idk the thing about this is it's hard to know what is "the final product"...how does one measure such a thing? 100000% better than superhuman driving? 50% of human driving? Something in between? If we get to 150% and you feel as though it's finally complete, then we later get 200%, does that mean you were wrong? At what point it is "good enough"? (Also it can be "good enough" in multiple different ways...how does one figure out which it's good enough for all the ways that matter to them?)

Reactions: Olle and Ramphex
Yeah idk the thing about this is it's hard to know what is "the final product"...how does one measure such a thing? 100000% better than superhuman driving? 50% of human driving? Something in between? If we get to 150% and you feel as though it's finally complete, then we later get 200%, does that mean you were wrong? At what point it is "good enough"? (Also it can be "good enough" in multiple different ways...how does one figure out which it's good enough for all the ways that matter to them?)
That's easy. It's complete when it works for the individual. Doesn't mean it needs to work for others, just the person experiencing it

If you expect it to work for everyone in the exact manner they expect, it will never be complete.

Reactions: Ramphex