Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Maybe if you can get yourself named in a lawsuit along with Elon, as happened to Whole Mars, you can get an inside track. Aside from that, you just need to wait faster.
*shrug* I get it when I get it. Until then I drive my car to work, to pick up the kids, etc. (Come to think of it, I’ll do that after I get it, too.) I can say with 100% certainty that there’s nothing in V12 that will make my life dramatically better or worse.

I can say with 100% certainty that there’s nothing in V12 that will make my life dramatically better or worse.
As long as it’s nagging drivers to pay attention and be ready to take over any time, I agree with you. Now, if we could get L4 on highways when we a truly stop paying attention and sleep/read/etc, that’s the real game changer that gives FSD real value. But I fear this day is far, far into the future..

Reactions: pilotSteve
I had another faux pas on Friday.
I went to La Jolla Tesla showroom to see the new model 3 but I only saw 2 model Y in the room.

I talked to a sale guy:
- Do you have a Highlander?
- Excuse me?
- Do you have a model 3 Highlander?
- Highlander is a Toyota! The new model 3 is called Highland.

I owned a Toyota Highlander for several years before I bought a Tesla and that name is still in my head although I read a lot about Highland on TMC.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I had another faux pas on Friday.
I went to La Jolla Tesla showroom to see the new model 3 but I only saw 2 model Y in the room.

I talked to a sale guy:
- Do you have a Highlander?
- Excuse me?
- Do you have a model 3 Highlander?
- Highlander is a Toyota! The new model 3 is called Highland.

I owned a Toyota Highlander for several years before I bought a Tesla and that name is still in my head although I read a lot about Highland on TMC.
Next time, bring a sword with you. If they contradict you again, pull it out and shout: “there can be only one!!”

I am beginning to think there will be a dual path to FSD. V11 will continue to improve in one form or another.

V12 morphs into a training/research method. V12 becomes a source of example weights that can be modular black boxes supervised by validated code. YMMV

No software change but I did get FSDb suspended. Third time over the years. This time I sort of did it somewhat on purpose. Well........I had three strikes and was going to be home for 10 days so on the interstate commute home last week I added two more. Truth is the strikes have all come from the cabin camera in recent times. Usually, because I am looking straight ahead, head/eyes not moving but fully alert. The hand pressure/time not so much a penalty in the later updates.

Anyway, whatever, the suspension not so much a thing. The type of suspension, however, very much is. I assume it's still a week, will know in a few days. The problem is the suspension was for both FSDb AND autopilot. First time this has happened. So I have only cruise control. For in town, I don't much care. But on the highway, I care very much. Any talk about this?