Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
So where is the V12 thread?

I just checked with Elon's best friend, @jebinc , and he said we are getting JV12 this weekend. So this will be my last post on this thread. JV12 is where all the action will be. Also the 44 branch fixed my vibration on the S Plaid... I hope it did for others.
No, he said we'd be getting it on the weekend but didn't specify which weekend.

I just checked with Elon's best friend, @jebinc , and he said we are getting JV12 this weekend. So this will be my last post on this thread. JV12 is where all the action will be. Also the 44 branch fixed my vibration on the S Plaid... I hope it did for others.
I'm going out on a limb since when Elon says rollout in "weeks to come" that is about a 0.00000001% chance of it being this weekend. 🤔 🤣

I am mystified how V12 end to end NN will be validated by the Tesla quality system.

300,000 lines of code can be validated but a comma separated file of numeric weights seems inherently impossible to validate.

Perhaps it can be functionally validated but it seems if there is even a minor tweak to the values it would require a complete do over.

I will be interested how the quality system manages it. It could require some real innovation.

Perhaps they have developed a method of synthetic or virtual driving at accelerated time/speed that equates to millions of miles of test driving by the inference engine.

I am mystified how V12 end to end NN will be validated by the Tesla quality system.

300,000 lines of code can be validated but a comma separated file of numeric weights seems inherently impossible to validate.

Perhaps it can be functionally validated but it seems if there is even a minor tweak to the values it would require a complete do over.

I will be interested how the quality system manages it. It could require some real innovation.

Perhaps they have developed a method of synthetic or virtual driving at accelerated time/speed that equates to millions of miles of test driving by the inference engine.
They have you (and the rest of the owners) to do the validating on public roads. Didn't you receive your royalty check last month? 😆

They have you (and the rest of the owners) to do the validating on public roads. Didn't you receive your royalty check last month? 😆
How would one opt in without being an employee? I know [email protected] / [email protected] exist but unsure if they would accept a request for early pre-release.

Or do you need to get lucky and meet an engineer in the hot tub at the four seasons or a furcon?

How would one opt in without being an employee? I know [email protected] / [email protected] exist but unsure if they would accept a request for early pre-release.

Or do you need to get lucky and meet an engineer in the hot tub at the four seasons or a furcon?
Maybe if you can get yourself named in a lawsuit along with Elon, as happened to Whole Mars, you can get an inside track. Aside from that, you just need to wait faster.