Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Less than human like anticipation for cut-in at 1:00. The cut-in vehicle begins the lane change slightly before initiating the turn signals but ego is still late to acknowledge via lifting throttle. End result is at least 1sec delayed response with excess required ego braking. I should add at times this videos seems sped up and if so the mentioned 1 sec delayed response is even longer.
What is "ego"?

Wonder how he got permission to post videos? Or if he is now a former employee. 🤔 🤣
Even with the original FSDb versions there were a few hardcore investors who were getting it; I bet this is such case.

Auto park seems to be back:

Unfortunately it also looks to be as bad as it’s been at perpendicular parking ever since they switched to vision only

Also looking at the Highway pic about no NoA I don't see a toggle to switch to the legacy AP stack. Looks like you can't change from FSD Beta to legacy AP stack on the fly and must go into the Menu. Will be nice to see how this is handled.

I wonder if this feature "Leave Notes About a Disengagement" is only for employees. Will it be removed once this version 11.3 goes out to wide general users?
It is in the release notes:
"Added voice drive-notes. After an intervention, you can now send Tesla an anonymous voice message describing your experience to help improve Autopilot."

Hopefully reduced path jiters results in less steering wheel input jitter
Looks like probably no change to blue line jitter and hard to tell if there was much steering jitter with shaky cam:

Here the car was in the only straight lane with 2 possible destinations across the intersection, and FSD Beta 11.3 kept switching between the left destination lane and the right one with a brief switch and back midway through:
11.3 lane jitter.jpg

Maybe the wider blue path line was indeed primarily to help increase its visibility and the red stop line, but it now also makes it much more obvious that there's prediction jitter.

Reactions: thewishmaster
It is in the release notes:
"Added voice drive-notes. After an intervention, you can now send Tesla an anonymous voice message describing your experience to help improve Autopilot."
True but so is this. 🤔 🤣🤣

EDIT: Also this is our 3ed set of V11 Release Notes. Hopefully the 3ed time will be the charm but I'm not betting my retirement on it.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 1.16.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikon201068
Maybe the wider blue path line was indeed primarily to help increase its visibility and the red stop line, but it now also makes it much more obvious that there's prediction jitter.
the wider blue path line ... makes it much more obvious that there's prediction jitter.

The Long Blue Arm of the Flaw?

These refined visualizations are strong evidence that Tesla sees v11 as their 'release candidate' for wide distribution (including replacing existing AP for all vehicles). The prior visualizations, while colorful, had a debug mode feel to them.

I suspect when they do release v11, it will be in a production branch to all vehicles, with the FSD toggle available for all US FSD owners/subscribers (no separate request/download required).

I'm sure they would love to release it before Investor Day, but I hope they will release it when it is ready independent of Investor Day. Also, what is the over-under on this thread hitting 100 pages before the widespread release?
Sorry - management has never prioritized PR stunts and quarterly financials that may improve stock options over solid engineering!