Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Sorry to tell you, your manufacturer build only integrated into mainline 2023.2.12, so you won't get current release of FSDb. May as well upgrade to mainline and wait until the next FSDb release.
I’d like to believe that if 2023.6.9 has vision based park assist that supposedly makes an appearance in 2022.45.12 then there’s theoretically no reason for them not to be able to merge small dependencies from 2022.44.100 into it that popped from 2023.2.12 too.

I’d like to believe that if 2023.6.9 has vision based park assist that supposedly makes an appearance in 2022.45.12 then there’s theoretically no reason for them not to be able to merge small dependencies from 2022.44.100 into it that popped from 2023.2.12 too.
Any two builds can be merged. With enough work … but not worth all the effort and testing.

Really? That’s shocking, given the reports that .3 is worse than .2.
Reports….. 2 random people on a forum reporting a beta inconsistency. That’s a surprise and must be worse. You follow along yet you seem committed to see it fail. Why? If you don’t like FSD why stay the coarse just turn it off and enjoy life.

Reports….. 2 random people on a forum reporting a beta inconsistency. That’s a surprise and must be worse. You follow along yet you seem committed to see it fail. Why? If you don’t like FSD why stay the coarse just turn it off and enjoy life.
Actually, my 69.24 been turned off for months. I falsely was hoping the eventual release of v11 would be different. Not “committed to seeing it fail” as I put money down several time to buy FSD, starting in 2019. Based on six year’s of FSD (and ad first adopter of city beta), I would change your word, “committed” to “expecting”. Oh, and there are more than two negative reports across many SM venues. Ore Koolaid, anyone?

I don't know how accurate it is, but according to "Not a Tesla App",

11.3.2 (2022.45.11) has 238 installs with 55 pending
11.3.3 (2022.45.12) has 317 installs with 116 pending

That suggests that they're expanding the rollout - assuming the site's numbers are meaningful.
Funky math there. The 317 .3's were all former former .2s, so you are counting those .2's twice.

Going forward, with your NaTA numbers , there are 116 .3's yet to update but a remaining 238+55 = 293 version .2s. to be updated.

Again, so far they have updated or have pending fewer 11.3.3's than there were 11.3.2's. So it is not yet a wider rollout.

As of right now, ~ 9pm, on TeslaFi there are 171 11.3.2's still installed, and another 53 pending, which is 224 total, with only 166 pending 10.3.3 installs, so they are 58 short of updating all the 11.3.2's in that sub-fleet.

I'm hoping the .3 release fixed whatever was wrong, and that the wider release will begin soon. Like maybe before midnight tonight. 🤞, fingers crossed. {Even though typing with crossed fingers after drinking red wine makes posting difficult. ;-) }

11.3.3 was pretty bad on my inaugural drive today. Approaching a basic left turn, it first steered right and then left as sharply/quickly as I've ever seen the car turn the wheel. Definitely should not be on the road right now.
Bummer but it's good to hear in-the-seat anecdotes although some issues are bad enough to be seen in videos. These builds are getting to be like a Forest Gump box of chocolates...

Today's 11.3.3 Dirty Tesla vi deo is in the rain around his Michigan environs. He says it's very safe (in this case I would agree that he's chosen a somewhat shilliferous title "...A+ for Safety") what he really means is that it's very timid. Overly cautious meaning not "good", but not trying to kill him.

At around 3:20 in the video, he discusses the same issue that @AlanSubie4Life brought up, that it will continue driving into deteriorating rain conditions, but will not reengage after a disengagement.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
The 11.3.3 numbers are going up on Teslafi again. The total had been in the low 400s, now it is around 550. Not a huge jump, but it could be just the beginning of a larger release. Time will tell.
Teslafi still shows all but one of the ~400 installs coming from 11.3.2. So far, no indication of rolling out to new 11.3.x users. The number of pending installs has been slowly dropping all evening with no increases. Hopefully soon, but not yet.

Reactions: ArchHamster
Well, it may brake for a rabbit (I’ve had 10.69.25.X do this), it completely ignored a huge fu%cking tree that was down across a road near me this morning. If I didn’t take over, I’m pretty sure it would have run right into it. Maybe increase that % of the occupancy network, huh?

While watching lots of v11 youtube demos, this is something which really started to bug me. I'd see youtubers submitting nebulous bug reports for things which I don't even think FSD currently handles. Which got me thinking, I'm not even sure if I know what FSD is supposed to currently be doing. Like I assumed it was just a next level cruise control with lane change logic and experimental intersection maneuvering logic. So, not extremely smart or capable, but the more I thought about it, the more I became unsure. For instance, the moving to the opposite side of the lane on the interstate or highway when passing trucks is something my tesla has been doing as far back as at least 2020 but I've seen people here swear it's a new behavior for v11. Speaking of bunnies on the road, I had my tesla begin to break for a tire in the middle of the interstate back in pre radar removal days, 2021. I went online after the event too see if this was a common experience and I ran into other FSD owners retelling stories of their Teslas running into the same road debree on the interstate. I've had my radar tesla dodge a drunk driver who tried to hit my rear left taillight on a merge before, and there are plenty of stories where FSD didn't try to dodge bad drivers too. Now I'm seeing FSD youtubers claiming Teslas are supposed to detect speed bumps and train tracks but for the life of me, I don't remember that being in the release notes. One of the worst offenses was seeing someone repeatedly submitting bug reports for freaking parking lot 'bugs!' Which I'm almost certain I either read a tweet or heard elon say that's something FSD isn't tackling yet. (to be clear this was FSD bugs, not smart summon, or summon, or auto park bug reports)

Now, I go back to think on one of my first experiences where I talked to someone about FSD. They asked me how well it was at dodging potholes and animals on the road and I told them it handled neither of the situations and actually phantom breaks frequently for no reason at all...

It's like we as FSD owners or subscribers don't actually know what current level 2 FSD is actually supposed to be doing. That's kind of concerning. On the one hand, it makes us bad testers because we aren't exactly sure what features we should be testing, on the other hand it's dangerous because we aren't well versed on the limits of FSD. Like sure, you can develop a sense for what FSD is good at and what it's not after a while but still. A lay person going by the name only would assume full self driving means it can fully self drive without the need for a driver paying attention. It's becoming more and more painfully obvious that Tesla needs to either release a auto updating list of the things FSD should be doing or like a updated tutorial video on how to use this system responsibly. A last example is what FSD can do with reduced visibility and wet or frozen roadways. I stupidly let my 2020 radar Y drive me home in a horrible storm one night where I couldn't even see the lines on the road, but my Tesla could via it's visualization. It lured me into a false sense of safety thinking the car could handle heavy rain conditions. I remembered being horrified looking up other drivers rain experiences and seeing spinouts on FSD wasn't terribly uncommon. As FSD becomes more and more capable, we need better guidance on the limitations of these systems. Esepecially for beta builds.

Edit: Just got into v11, I'll let you know how bunny hunting goes tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Teslascope is showing most pending 2022.45.12 / FSD Beta 11.3.3 are from FSD Beta 10.69.x now:
Roughly 20%-25% rollout now up from 10%.
Cool! And TeslaFi is showing over 700 pending now, up from 166 a couple hours ago. The total 11.3.3 pending and installed isomer 1,000, around 25% of the FSDβs in TeslaFi.. Fingers still crossed that it continues to climb...

Reactions: FSDtester#1