Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I find it so odd that FSD and feature releases are separated. Is it a big thing, where it's easier to hunt down bugs if the two are separated? I'm new to FSD beta, for those that have been a part of it for a while, how long after a new feature releases does it come to the FSD beta branch?
FSDb is still under active development and is likely considered not stable or reliable enough for merging into the production software branch. FSDb typically is about two months, or more, behind the main branch. The only time it catches up is for the holiday release, so that everyone gets it at about the same time. It certainly takes longer to implement and test an FSDb release, so by the time it gets to customers, the base software is fairly old.

FSDb is still under active development and is likely considered not stable or reliable enough for merging into the production software branch.
I don't think this is the case anymore and I expect them to merge it soon. You have to pay for FSD and enroll in the beta in order to enable FSD, so I don't think it would have any impact on the stability/functionality for non-FSD vehicles who install a merged release.

If they needed to push a new FSD release for any reason, it could just be a dot release of the main branch with release notes of 'bug fixes and general improvements' that doesn't change anything for non-FSD vehicles.

That is if they keep the FSD stack separate from legacy AP/EAP. If they were to replace AP/EAP with the FSD stack (just with turns and traffic signal support disabled) then I agree it could have a bigger impact.

Maintaining these separate branches (and separate AP stacks) must be a burden for Tesla. I'm surprised they haven't done it already but I'd be shocked if they don't merge FSDb into production within the next few months.

Feels like a camera failure. If one of your cameras fail, this is the behavior. Could be a loose wiring harness to the camera. When it happens again, press the voice button and say "bug report" (I've read some say that with 11.3.6 you just say "bug"). Open a ticket and reference the report you just created. That will give service the telemetry and diags at the time.
Maybe. No additional warning messages. Will have to try out that same intersection in more conditions to see if there's something about the road configuration that overwhelms it.

Feels like a camera failure. If one of your cameras fail, this is the behavior. Could be a loose wiring harness to the camera. When it happens again, press the voice button and say "bug report" (I've read some say that with 11.3.6 you just say "bug"). Open a ticket and reference the report you just created. That will give service the telemetry and diags at the time.
No that feels much more like an FSDb big to me .. crashing at the same location each time? More likely to be software.

I hope 11.4.x comes soon. I've had a lot of blatantly unsafe situations with 11.3.6.

The worst and most consistent one is attempting to turn in front of oncoming 100 km/h traffic where it most definitely does not have the room. Turning right at this corner (2 way stop sign), it does not yield to traffic coming from the north, it tries to turn right in front of very fast oncoming traffic.

There is a very small (50m maybe) turn/acceleration lane, but even goosing it in insane mode isn't enough acceleration to merge with full speed oncoming traffic, so one realistically has to wait until the other car is roughly abeam before turning, accelerating and merging in behind.

FSD just tries to turn right in front. I'm not sure if it's trying to use that acceleration lane or not, as I disengage before I let it try. To let it go would cause an accident, 100%.

1682698225298.png

• Informative
Reactions: Mark II and jebinc
So first drive today, still junky. Once red hands come up no matter how hard I jerk off the yoke, they still flash. After previous strikes I no longer find the y intercept on the **** around and find out graph, so pretty much forced to disengage once that behavior appears to avoid getting a strike.
What was the car doing or trying to do when the red hands came up? It just seems so unusual that you got red hands this quickly? I go months between red hands and have never had a strike since using FSD in Oct 2021.

Reactions: totoro722 and EVNow
On my 2017X I do not have the reporting button but have lots of things I would like to report about version 11.3.6? Is there any way for me to report?
Tesla gets a lot of data from cars on FSDb without your needing to manually report. The car knows whenever you disengage or intervene with the accelerator and likely self-reports those incidents with no action required by the driver.

Tesla gets a lot of data from cars on FSDb without your needing to manually report. The car knows whenever you disengage or intervene with the accelerator and likely self-reports those incidents with no action required by the driver.
To paraphrase/repurpose Stalin's infamous "deaths" quote:

An individual's FSD Beta events are a passionate experience but 100 of thousands of FSD Beta events are simply statistics and data. 🤔 🤣