Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Wide release typically means to all in the specific testing pool. Elon has changed what "Wide release" means maybe 100 times. There was a 10.5 version that "went wide", but really only went to half of the testers. We will wait and see, but I have 11.4.7 and it's still 2023.7.30, but if they do what they did with 10.69.2 and jump it to the newest version, I'd be happy. I'm not holding my breathe, though.
Actually Elon calmed 11.4.7 was going to everybody this week.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 6.06.13 AM.png

There is no way they removed the nag, if anything the nagging should be increasing due to more upcoming feedback from NHTSA or DOT. MAYBE they are using alternate sensors or interpreting them differently?
Not arguing about weather nag should be reduced or not. He was pointing out throughout the video that it wasn't nagging. I don't recall other videos talking about this though.

Personally, I'm ok with no nag only on certain situations and only if your head is looking forward. Definitely not on busy situations.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Curious - Are you not driving a refreshed MS or MX? My money is on, "no".
Agreed, I'm not, which was my point (all jokes aside). Put simply, posts that say "My car does XXX very badly, therefore all cars do, therefore FSDb is garbage" are using flawed logic: extrapolating from one to many. IF all cars were indeed as bad as the poster claims (and I'm not denying that he has had poor experiences) then FSD would indeed be a joke and none of us would go near it (including me).

But since that isnt the case, the question SHOULD be "why is car X (or person X) getting such a bad experience when others are not?". One theory is that it is something on the refreshed S/X, which is plausible. Since we are both in Seattle it would be interesting to compare the performance of my M3 to his MS/MX and see if they differ (though of course eliminating other variables is very tricky).

Pretty sure I already know the answer for this - but if I'm currently on 2023.26.7 running FSDb 11.3.6 - is there any way to speed up getting up to a newer version of 11.4.7 per the recent guidance that 11.4.7 would go wide release starting this week? My spidey sense says I'm at the mercy of Tesla and I will get whenever I get it - but figured I would at least ask if there's anything that can be done to speed up a software update. We're heading out on a 1000+ mile trip on 8/31 and it would be nice to be on the current rev before starting our road trip. :cool:
I drove the interstates for four days and 2000+ miles on 11.3.6 and it was fine. My main job was to move back to the right lane after it had made a pass in the left lane. It didn't like to move back to the right unless there was a car behind it. It gave me a strike on the last day for supposedly having a nag defeat device, which I didn't. I hang my right hand from the steering wheel. I guess it was a particularly constant torque that time.

FSD was particularly useful in unfamiliar cities, like finding a Supercharger, where my navigation following skills are poor. Despite all the wrong lane choices it makes, it worked perfectly when I needed it to. I overruled one freeway exit and FSD turned out to be right. I didn't overrule another exit and FSD turned out to be wrong. All the rest of the time freeway exchanges were handled fine.

You certainly have a shot at 2023.26.10, or whatever they replace that with.

Not arguing about weather nag should be reduced or not. He was pointing out throughout the video that it wasn't nagging. I don't recall other videos talking about this though.

Personally, I'm ok with no nag only on certain situations and only if your head is looking forward. Definitely not on busy situations.
It’s possible, my guess is IF for some reason there is no nag in 11.4.7, we’re going to be getting 11.4.8 VERY soon. ;-)

I'm not sure about a "Wide" release of 11.4.7, but I got it yesterday (surprisingly, since I'm definitely not an influencer of any sort). I've gotten the last couple of iterations ahead of most people, which is great, but I really don't know why. I do provide a LOT of feedback on problems, and I live in the midwest where there aren't that many Teslas, so perhaps the "mother ship" likes to get feedback from this area.

Anyway, I haven't even had time to test it out yet. But I will give it a go today to see how it does on my normal drives. There are a LOT of problems with 11.4.6 with regard to diving into turn lanes when the routing is supposed to continue straight. I hope this has been fixed! Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my FSDb experience, and use it every time I drive.

Actually Elon calmed 11.4.7 was going to everybody this week.

View attachment 968934
Something else, I have 11.4.7...if it's "mostly AI"...it's odd, because a lot of the poor turn behavior and turning lanes/merge lane issues are still prevalent.

Maybe we should temper expectations on what v12 can be...because 11.4.7 feels a lot like 11.4.4, 11.4.6.

Maybe he's just as confused with the version numbers as we all are 😂
I'm more pissed than confused, but yea it is messier than a dumpster full of used diapers. 🤔 🤣

EDIT: I hope he is right (I know even if 3 weeks that would sill be "this week" to Elon 🤪) and we get 23.26.20 with 11.4.7 and all us Early Access get it to so we can move up on software.

Last edited:
I'm more pissed than confused, but yea it is messier than a dumpster full of used diapers. 🤔 🤣

EDIT: I hope he is right (I know even if 3 weeks that would sill be "this week" to Elon 🤪) and we get 23.26.20 with 11.4.7 and all us Early Access get it to so we can move up on software.
In the last few days Elon basically implied that no cars with HW4 can use FSD Beta for 6 months, despite there being cars on FSD Beta with HW4...Elon's twitter feed is like the National Enquirer for Tesla...small slithers of truth behind a bunch of fabricated and embellished BS.

In the last few days Elon basically implied that no cars with HW4 can use FSD Beta for 6 months, despite there being cars on FSD Beta with HW4...Elon's twitter feed is like the National Enquirer for Tesla...small slithers of truth behind a bunch of fabricated and embellished BS.
He says "will lag" so seems maybe more of a development pace but who knows. Also on the V12 he said they hadn't started on V12 for HW4 yet so maybe this is part of what he meant. Hell sometimes he is like different people with different opinions so it is really all a crap shoot at this point and we can analyze to death and ALL be wrong. 🤣

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 1.39.54 PM.png

I interpreted that Tweet as saying that FSDb on HW4 will perform worse than on HW3 for at least 6 months. Not that HW4 would not have FSDb at all for 6 months. (Especially since we know there are already a handful of people with HW4 running FSDb 11.4.x.)

Reactions: archae86
I interpreted that Tweet as saying that FSDb on HW4 will perform worse than on HW3 for at least 6 months. Not that HW4 would not have FSDb at all for 6 months. (Especially since we know there are already a handful of people with HW4 running FSDb 11.4.x.)
Right. That's how I interpreted it as well, but the masses didn't. It's just like the "Wide release" statements or "V12 will be out of Beta"...Elon means 1,000 things with these things and they mostly don't align with what we see. He's rarely ever direct and can be completely wrong...but it is constant is that his twitter feed is not reliable at all about FSD information.