Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Btw, a bunch of us got screwed again.
They dropped fsd to $12k
X and S are now under $80k
X qualifies for $7500 tax credit on top of that, if you don't earn too much money
I paid $135k for my Plaid 2 years ago.
I can get a better and new one in Ultra Red for $89k now

Phuckers.....

I should buy the new 3 Highland with interior lighting
Yep. The old FOMO TSLA days are gone. Their biz plan is to build gigafactories and win on high volume/marketshare. The Highland and Cybertruck are next on the gotcha hit parade.

They dropped fsd to $12k
X qualifies for $7500 tax credit on top of that, if you don't earn too much money

Phuckers.....

Except the Highland has no date for the US. Releasing for China and Europe. US is sometime in 2024, I understand.
(moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Except the Highland has no date for the US. Releasing for China and Europe. US is sometime in 2024, I understand.
BOHICA.
Yeah, I was kidding, but I would buy another Plaid, just want that cool ass interior lighting, like 3 and Cybertruck, and in Ultra Red... gonna get 19's instead of 21's
And HW4... so I can start using it as a robotaxi... 🤣🤣
I want my tilting screen and the gaming we were promised.
Hopefully no more vibrations!
Not sure though about yoke or wheel 🤔
I am pissed off about the $5K PPF I put on

Last edited:
Yeah, I was kidding, but I would buy another Plaid, just want that cool ass interior lighting, like 3 and Cybertruck, and in Ultra Red... gonna get 19's instead of 21's
And HW4... so I can start using it as a robotaxi... 🤣🤣
I want my tilting screen and the gaming we were promised.
Hopefully no more vibrations!
Not sure though about yoke or wheel 🤔
I am pissed off about the $5K PPF I put on
Going to need to wait for HW4.20 for robotaxi

They dropped fsd to $12k

Phuckers.....

Alright then, you need to exercise theTime Masheen in the special service menu hyperPlaid mode.

But first print out a copy of this thread page so you remember the dystopian future, and be sure to read it before it gets Erased from History.

Launch yourself back 2+ years so you can stop your young and foolish self from reserving the car.
(I'm not sure how you get back after you un-obtain your Plaid, so maybe you'll have to re-live the pandemic.)

If you need to go back further to undo other mistakes that you don't want to talk about, then DM me on Labor Day 2023, and I promise to buy your DeLorean or Bricklin. If you overshoot, I'll take the Duesenberg.

But whatever you do, don't try to tell everyone all the things that are really going to happen. They definitely will not believe you , and you might get locked up and sedated.

They dropped fsd to $12k

Phuckers.....

Current Plaid price is a lot more reasonable. There’s no reason an extra motor should cost extra $30-40k.

Genius play though - hype it up, capitalize on people who have money and don’t care about blowing extra $30k on an extra motor, then make it available to most upper middle class and sell a ton more units.

Alright then, you need to exercise theTime Masheen in the special service menu hyperPlaid mode.

But first print out a copy of this thread page so you remember the dystopian future, and be sure to read it before it gets Erased from History.

Launch yourself back 2+ years so you can stop your young and foolish self from reserving the car.
(I'm not sure how you get back after you un-obtain your Plaid, so maybe you'll have to re-live the pandemic.)

If you need to go back further to undo other mistakes that you don't want to talk about, then DM me on Labor Day 2023, and I promise to buy your DeLorean or Bricklin. If you overshoot, I'll take the Duesenberg.

But whatever you do, don't try to tell everyone all the things that are really going to happen. They definitely will not believe you , and you might get locked up and sedated.
Make sure you uncouple the Heisenberg Compensators and allow them to re-scramble randomly, that way you'll have all of the cohesion of conventional matter.

:O Wow. Does that hold when there are more than one left turn lane?
I couldn’t find anything addressing this in the CA Driver Handbook, but such intersections usually have markings on the road to guide the lanes through the turns. The practice is that the leftmost turn lanes end up in the equivalent lane after the turn, but the rightmost of the left turn lanes can go to any lane to the right of the lanes needed by the other left turn lanes.

I wonder when support for temporary flashing red lights will come? Definitely not supported so far!
On my drive with FSDb 11.4.7 today I went through a traffic light that was being serviced and was flashing red. It stopped when it got to the line, waited its turn and then went. It seemed to handle it perfectly for me. (Though it is very rare for me to encounter these so I probably won't be able to test again for quite some time.)