Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
My point is that it was quicker when we were special.
The development branch is coming from a base version that is six months old. That's hardly what I call quick, even if the rollouts were accomplished in less time. And there were usually interminable delays working out the bugs for releases.

I'm looking forward to being a little less special.

Oh I forgot to mention that my car now quacks when it locks which is actually kind of cute.

If anyone has a “beep” file to make it sounds like a Toyota/Lexus product please share. I would like something subtle that’s not the horn or a duck.
It comes with presets, you can also use a USB to make your lock sound any sound you want.. I am going with the pre loaded 1980's chirp chirp lock sound.

Or a recording of my wife bitching about Tesla and their iPad go carts....or the light show marathon 🙄 🤔, whichever may deter thieves more...

Or 95% of Tesla drivers were duped into trying Autopark at least once.
I think the main issue is the tires Tesla uses are on the narrow side for the rims so there’s no tire buffer to protect the rim if you get close to the curb.

Or Tesla drivers suck.

I think the real issue here is the lack of true 360 top down vision like many other cars have had for many years. Tesla keeps trying to justify their lack of support for a basic feature by claiming they can do something better. Yet they have not. Maybe the will in the future. Perhaps they should have just added top down view as a stop gap until their software could actually do what they claim. For a company that is all in on vision, they seem to lack some basic vision.
I’ve never had a car with a top-down birdseye view. How accurate is it?

If you get kicked out of the house in the settlement, you need to buy the one directly across the street. It wouldn't be right to deprive her of the Late Late Light Show!
Great idea, changing my ring tone to "Carol of the Bells 🔔 " now.
I will let you know how it goes.... unless my phone and computer get broken...

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and JHCCAZ
I think the main issue is the tires Tesla uses are on the narrow side for the rims so there’s no tire buffer to protect the rim if you get close to the curb.

Or Tesla drivers suck.

I’ve never had a car with a top-down birdseye view. How accurate is it?
Birdseye works great. Had it on multiple cars.
Tesla doesn't have it because they don't want to pay the royalty AFAIK

Teslascope shows 2023.44.30.4 rollout has begun going to these versions:
Code:
2023.44.1    11
2023.44.30.1  5
2023.32.9     2
2023.38.6     1

TeslaFi now has 124 pending .4 (although so far 0 for Model 3) while rollout of .2 has increased to a total over 2100 (pending/installed; almost double previous). Both are mainly to those on 2023.44.1, so adding new vehicles to holiday update rather than just upgrading those who already have some other version already with 11.4.9.

Birdseye is an easy bolt-on feature (it's just linear transforms in image space). It's like 3 lines of code in MATLAB. But it doesn't fit with what Tesla is building, it's off the path, they work in 3D video not 2D image spaces. They want to end up with a true 3D vector space representation of everything around the car for the autonomy features... lane markers, curbs, vehicles, static obstacles, etc. Rendering them for park assist is just a side benefit plus you can freely move the camera around 3D space even XYZ translations.

Birdseye is an easy bolt-on feature (it's just linear transforms in image space) but it doesn't fit with what Tesla is building, it's off the path,
It isn't an "easy bolt-on feature" if you don't have the correct camera views, which Tesla does not have. (They would have to add a minimum of one more camera in the front, and possible another 2 on the sides pointing mostly down.)

It isn't an "easy bolt-on feature" if you don't have the correct camera views, which Tesla does not have. (They would have to add a minimum of one more camera in the front, and possible another 2 on the sides pointing mostly down.)
It would have blind spots, like you'd end up with 1 or 2 pixels at the edge of the frame being interpolated across several degrees of arc in front of the car. But probably the rear is what you're most concerned with when parking.

It would have blind spots, like you'd end up with 1 or 2 pixels at the edge of the frame being interpolated across several degrees of arc in front of the car. But probably the rear is what you're most concerned with when parking.
I'm pretty concerned with both. Parking against a concrete block etc at Costco makes me insane. I guess I'm glad I have FSD so I can move the car forward from outside. So annoying not having a front cam.

9And, lo, a Fanboi of Lord Muskedine came upon them, and the glory of Lord Muskedine shone round about them: and they were sore afraid of the dry wipes. 10And the Fanboi said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you wet wipes and good tidings of a great software release, which shall be everything to all people. 11For unto you will be released, someday, in the city of Fremont a Saviour, which is software release version 12. 12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the software wrapped in convoluted code, lying in firmware in your chariot of electron fire. 13And suddenly there was with the Fanboi a multitude of YouTube hosts praising Lord Muskedine, and saying, 14Glory to Lord Muskedine in the highest, and on teslamotorclub.com peace, good will toward the duped. 15And it came to pass, as the Fanbois were driving away from them and running into the curbs and lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats, to get in line to purchase Lord Muskedine’s latest perfect thing, the duped said one to another, Let us now go even unto our garages whereith lie our old chariots of electron fire, and see if V12 has come to pass, which the Lord Muskedine hath promised and made perfect is released unto us.

Stuporonomy, vs. 9-15.
The book of Musk, North American Standard Version.

Fat chance on V12 any time soon, I think.

I just want the new update so the USB drive can store 100 + light shows on 1 USB. The kids and friends love the shows, Mrs. FSDTESTER hates them and yells and screams when I play them at "11" in the driveway... Consider it a Christmas 🎄 present from Tesla to my wife!!!

BTW, anyone who knows a great divorce attorney, dm me after the holidays...

Edit: if I get the nutz, I will post an audio recording of the response from her when I set it to play 50 in a row.
Where do you get your files? If you tell me you use that mind numbing software to make your own, you’re not the man I thought you were.

9And, lo, a Fanboi of Lord Muskedine came upon them, and the glory of Lord Muskedine shone round about them: and they were sore afraid of the dry wipes. 10And the Fanboi said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you wet wipes and good tidings of a great software release, which shall be everything to all people. 11For unto you will be released, someday, in the city of Fremont a Saviour, which is software release version 12. 12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the software wrapped in convoluted code, lying in firmware in your chariot of electron fire. 13And suddenly there was with the Fanboi a multitude of YouTube hosts praising Lord Muskedine, and saying, 14Glory to Lord Muskedine in the highest, and on teslamotorclub.com peace, good will toward the duped. 15And it came to pass, as the Fanbois were driving away from them and running into the curbs and lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats, to get in line to purchase Lord Muskedine’s latest perfect thing, the duped said one to another, Let us now go even unto our garages whereith lie our old chariots of electron fire, and see if V12 has come to pass, which the Lord Muskedine hath promised and made perfect is released unto us.

Stuporonomy, vs. 9-15.
The book of Musk, North American Standard Version.
I mean, you took the words right out my mouth. Literally.

Teslascope shows 2023.44.30.4 rollout has begun going to these versions:
Code:
2023.44.1    11
2023.44.30.1  5
2023.32.9     2
2023.38.6     1

TeslaFi now has 124 pending .4 (although so far 0 for Model 3) while rollout of .2 has increased to a total over 2100 (pending/installed; almost double previous). Both are mainly to those on 2023.44.1, so adding new vehicles to holiday update rather than just upgrading those who already have some other version already with 11.4.9.
.2 is over 3,100 now at 5PM, installed plus pending.

But.... almost none of the updates are from 2023.27.x, the fed tester crowd. It looks like they are prioritizing main branch cars, at least today. So far only 9% of the .2 installs are from 2023.27x, but those represent ~22% of the TeslaFi fleet.

This may partially explain this observation:
Why have there been no reports of v11.4.9, given the number of shills/influencers that likely already received the holiday update?

Can someone please confirm that Teslafi sources data from opted in vehicles and that it only represents a disproportionate pool of users.

This would mean that TeslaFi could report 500 downloads when the backend number is 50,000 or conversely report 1500 downloads when the backend number is 5,000?

It gives an illusion that there’s “only” X amount of downloads going out when in reality it can be Z so you could be discouraged from using your once per 24hr check.

Though if you get it doesn’t it push to you regardless of time of day?

We can hope that there is a good spread of TeslaFi users that yield hopefully an equal % of the real Tesla server numbers whatever it may be like 1:150 or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: X Fan
Can someone please confirm that Teslafi sources data from opted in vehicles and that it only represents a disproportionate pool of users.

This would mean that TeslaFi could report 500 downloads when the backend number is 50,000 or conversely report 1500 downloads when the backend number is 5,000?

It gives an illusion that there’s “only” X amount of downloads going out when in reality it can be Z so you could be discouraged from using your once per 24hr check.

Though if you get it doesn’t it push to you regardless of time of day?

We can hope that there is a good spread of TeslaFi users that yield hopefully an equal % of the real Tesla server numbers whatever it may be like 1:150 or something.
Teslafi reports software version data from the cars that are subscribed to their service. Since this includes only those who are interested in more technical details or their cars, it is likely not to be an accurate reflection of the Tesla population as a whole.