Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Got the same email. No update. 🤦🏻‍♂️
My app said 2023.44.30.2 was "waiting for wifi" for hours on end, when I knew the car's wifi was active. Strange... In the car I went to the software screen, and it immediately started downloading.

Perhaps with the hundred of thousands of downloads going on now, checking for updates has started to mean something again.

I am seeing many comments that 11.4.9 is fixing the wiper problems, so good luck to you on the download and here's hoping the wipers are back to functioning for you.

My app said 2023.44.30.2 was "waiting for wifi" for hours on end, when I knew the car's wifi was active. Strange... In the car I went to the software screen, and it immediately started downloading.
Was your car asleep? (I think it is really "waiting for WiFi when the car is awake.") So if you have Sentry mode enabled it would download, otherwise it would wait until the next time it was awake, like when charging starts.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Was your car asleep? (I think it is really "waiting for WiFi when the car is awake.") So if you have Sentry mode enabled it would download, otherwise it would wait until the next time it was awake, like when charging starts.
I am pretty sure it was awake.

Perhaps with the hundred of thousands of downloads going on now, checking for updates has started to mean something again.

I am seeing many comments that 11.4.9 is fixing the wiper problems, so good luck to you on the download and here's hoping the wipers are back to functioning for you.
My optimism here may have been premature.

Seeing a few posts describing Tesla withdrawing availability of the update, I checked my tracking of TeslaFi. It appears that some time over the last 36 hours, Tesla withdrew around 2,000 cars from the 2023.44.30.2 Pending category before they downloaded. I don't have a way to double check this, but it is consistent with the posts. I don't think we've seen this happen before, as there are still cars pending in very old versions and some still downloading pre-recall versions.

Perhaps Tesla decided to shift some of the .2 updates over to .4, in which case the .4 pending heap just might increase today, finger crossed.

I am pretty sure it was awake.

My optimism here may have been premature.

Seeing a few posts describing Tesla withdrawing availability of the update, I checked my tracking of TeslaFi. It appears that some time over the last 36 hours, Tesla withdrew around 2,000 cars from the 2023.44.30.2 Pending category before they downloaded. I don't have a way to double check this, but it is consistent with the posts. I don't think we've seen this happen before, as there are still cars pending in very old versions and some still downloading pre-recall versions.

Perhaps Tesla decided to shift some of the .2 updates over to .4, in which case the .4 pending heap just might increase today, finger crossed.
Maybe they are building 2023.44.30.5.

Oh my... Some serious FSD commentary.... :eek:

Mood.

My FSD (not beta, this was before beta) radar y did used to try to avoid accidents. Back then, teslas were rare enough that monster trucks here would constantly try to mess with me by drifting into my lane. My old y would drift away to avoid them. It even avoided a pit maneuver from a drunk driver one time which was really impressive. Would I have trusted old FSD to avoid all accidents? **** no. But it was clearly trying. Since they removed radar, I haven't seen this behavior in any FSD version (but also, truck harrasment went down because teslas are nearing honda ubiquity). Infact, my fsd beta x tried to run me into a construction sign the other week (11.4.7.x) and it still (11.4.8.1) crosses double yellow lines when turning, on occasion.

I can totally believe it wouldn't try to avoid someone drifting into your lane anymore.

There's not too much braking action here but still a typical example of FSD over reacting to a distant cross path vehicle well outside any range of concern. The FSD team has claimed sizeable improvements to this scenario and yet the issue is as bad as ever. He's running 11.4.9.

There's not too much braking action here but still a typical example of FSD over reacting to a distant cross path vehicle well outside any range of concern.
That's sad. As much as I hate FSDb it is used by my husband and for us it was obviously way better in this regard. (IIRC it was a significant change to FSDb in April that prompted us to update and I don't recall cross traffic panic being an issue in at least that long a period of time.)

Do you have an S or X? I think it might be model specific.

My 3 and Y just bounce back to “auto” instantly after turning the wipers off with FSD, AP, or TACC engaged.

GSP
MS Plaid, and to note, 2 finger reset is no longer allowing me to check for updates. It's been 2 days now. This has never happened before.

Edit: just tried again, allowed me to check, no updates

Last edited:
There's not too much braking action here but still a typical example of FSD over reacting to a distant cross path vehicle well outside any range of concern. The FSD team has claimed sizeable improvements to this scenario and yet the issue is as bad as ever. He's running 11.4.9.

That's sad. As much as I hate FSDb it is used by my husband and for us it was obviously way better in this regard. (IIRC it was a significant change to FSDb in April that prompted us to update and I don't recall cross traffic panic being an issue in at least that long a period of time.)
We had this scenario (car pulling out ~90 degree in front of us) just yesterday on 11.4.7.3 and it was way less panicky than it seemed to be in the past. We are on 11.4.9 as of last night so have not had a chance to observe it.

Light rain today, so tested out auto wipers and lane drift.

The good news is that auto wipers worked perfectly well for me. Started wiping right after going into drive and adjusted fine at various speeds. Much better than the last couple of dev branch versions.

The bad news is there was no improvement with lane drift. I drove a road that has been really bad about the car moving into left turn lanes and saw the same poor performance that was on 11.4.8.1.

I really didn't expect much, if any, improvement on lane drift, as Tesla certainly seems to be letting v11 FSDb coast while they try to get V12 ready.

We have first world problems with FSDj and wipers… but, how would you like to be this sob that just got his Cynerbeast quote? Seems real, too. Following tonaeenhownit turns out.