Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
No software change but I did get FSDb suspended. Third time over the years. This time I sort of did it somewhat on purpose. Well........I had three strikes and was going to be home for 10 days so on the interstate commute home last week I added two more. Truth is the strikes have all come from the cabin camera in recent times. Usually, because I am looking straight ahead, head/eyes not moving but fully alert. The hand pressure/time not so much a penalty in the later updates.

Anyway, whatever, the suspension not so much a thing. The type of suspension, however, very much is. I assume it's still a week, will know in a few days. The problem is the suspension was for both FSDb AND autopilot. First time this has happened. So I have only cruise control. For in town, I don't much care. But on the highway, I care very much. Any talk about this?
Haven’t heard that - Definitely sucks.

I got suspended for a week a few months ago. Like you, the majority (? All) of my strikes were when I was looking at the road, paying attention and doing nothing wrong. The suspension was for exactly a week but I had plain AP during that time so it really wasn’t so bad.

This has been my biggest complaint about the monitoring software. The cabin camera is used almost exclusively punitively. It will give you a strike for some perceived transgression but looking at the road and paying attention is not enough to stop or even prevent a nag.

No software change but I did get FSDb suspended. Third time over the years. This time I sort of did it somewhat on purpose. Well........I had three strikes and was going to be home for 10 days so on the interstate commute home last week I added two more. Truth is the strikes have all come from the cabin camera in recent times. Usually, because I am looking straight ahead, head/eyes not moving but fully alert. The hand pressure/time not so much a penalty in the later updates.

Anyway, whatever, the suspension not so much a thing. The type of suspension, however, very much is. I assume it's still a week, will know in a few days. The problem is the suspension was for both FSDb AND autopilot. First time this has happened. So I have only cruise control. For in town, I don't much care. But on the highway, I care very much. Any talk about this?
I am a hyperactive guy and can never keep my head still. Besides I still keep the habit of scanning the road every 15 seconds. Maybe I don't get suspended because of that.

I got suspended for a week a few months ago. Like you, the majority (? All) of my strikes were when I was looking at the road, paying attention and doing nothing wrong. The suspension was for exactly a week but I had plain AP during that time so it really wasn’t so bad.

This has been my biggest complaint about the monitoring software. The cabin camera is used almost exclusively punitively. It will give you a strike for some perceived transgression but looking at the road and paying attention is not enough to stop or even prevent a nag.
On the last trip to Boston I got my first, ever, strike. The SO and I were attempting to find a particular Supercharger near Boston, both of us were fumbling at the screen, I got beeps and boops telling me to Pay Attention, then it yelled at me and said, "Disabled until next drive."

Drove another thirty miles or so until a semi-planned stop at the next rest area/SC, got the warning of, "You'd better watch it, buster. That's one strike - don't make us do four more!"

There are posters on this thread who complain about getting strikes often and hard for No Reason. With the strike, above, my eyes were off the road for 20 seconds or so, so, yeah, I deserved it.. but twenty seconds is a Pretty Long Time.

Getting five of these seems pretty hard to do. Is your car sensitive to this kind of thing?

On the last trip to Boston I got my first, ever, strike. The SO and I were attempting to find a particular Supercharger near Boston, both of us were fumbling at the screen, I got beeps and boops telling me to Pay Attention, then it yelled at me and said, "Disabled until next drive."

Drove another thirty miles or so until a semi-planned stop at the next rest area/SC, got the warning of, "You'd better watch it, buster. That's one strike - don't make us do four more!"

There are posters on this thread who complain about getting strikes often and hard for No Reason. With the strike, above, my eyes were off the road for 20 seconds or so, so, yeah, I deserved it.. but twenty seconds is a Pretty Long Time.

Getting five of these seems pretty hard to do. Is your car sensitive to this kind of thing?
It seems to be. As I’ve said, I’ve gotten several strikes without warning while looking straight ahead.

I know, it's like I have to keep looking around like a paranoid robot.........

I get the “pay attention to the road” warning every time I engage FSD. Maybe it’s because I’m looking at the nav route briefly?
It now always gives that warning on initial engagement of FSDb. That one you can ignore. Just a well-pay-attention if you're gonna play FSDb reminder.

I get the “pay attention to the road” warning every time I engage FSD. Maybe it’s because I’m looking at the nav route briefly?
On the recent release that implemented "recall" attention items, I suddenly got two levels of warnings on most engagements. I think I finally found a reasonably successful avoidance method: be sure I am actively turning the wheel at the moment I engage.

Not, by much mind you, or you'll exceed breakout force and get an immediate disengagement.

When successful, this technique gets me the initial lower screen small warning that you have to pay attention, but avoids the second and third, as to which the second is high in the screen and includes a touch of red, and the third is the blue horizon thing.

Yes, FSDb has always had the suspension, while AP didn't until NHTSA made them add it as part of the recall.
Well, that sucks junk right up the nose. Getting suspended from AP is like staring into the abyss of the Baby Driver........

Scoot down the road, what's my number?
I wonder how your engines feel

Last edited: