Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Have 30.14 waiting for WiFi. I use my iPhone/hotspot and curious about the size (amount of time/data) of the download. Looks like all it is the Recall (new icons) so I'm thinking irt is a small update.

Seems like it is a setup to keep us Early Access on 23.44.x in lieu of future V12 testing. At least I hope so since we are being left behind AGIAN.

IMG_4439.jpeg

Seems

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Have 30.14 waiting for WiFi. I use my iPhone/hotspot and curious about the size (amount of time/data) of the download. Looks like all it is the Recall (new icons) so I'm thinking irt is a small update.

Seems like it is a setup to keep us Early Access on 23.44.x in lieu of future V12 testing. At least I hope so since we are being left behind AGIAN.
No big deal but it was a tiny update coming in at any a few 100MB.

Wonder if 11.4.9 drives better than 11.4.9? Too bad we don't have Omar to tell us "it is the best update ever" and "dives perfect".

• Funny
I got the new recall version and the first thing it did was frantically wipe my windshield when there was no rain
Coming back from Boston shortly after the Northeaster that dumped snow in CT, but not in Boston. Started getting dry wipes on I-95 that would go on for a while, then stop, then start again when the windshield got cleaned. What the heck?

So, stopped for a round of supercharging, snagged the paper towels from the trunk, and went to take a Really Good Look at the cameras on the windshield.

Suspicions confirmed: A haze of salty gunk, windshield washer fluid or no, over the camera area. Cleaned the heck out of it with the paper towels, no more dry wipes for a while.

And then more of the salty mush kicked up by other vehicles got up there and washing the windshield, while getting rid of most of the stuff, left enough over the camera area to start it up again.

I either need (a) a better windshield washer fluid, (b) new wiper blades.

• Informative
"dives perfect"

Perfect spelling error :)

Seriously though, I'm cautiously hopeful V12 is a lot more comfortable. I don't care if I need to watch it just as closely, at least make the experience while activated more pleasant. I remember an Elon tweet from somewhere around when FSD was released about how the autopilot team spent a lot of time reducing 'jerk' (explained with physics terms about accel/decel/turn, etc), and thinking to myself, wow - definitely not applied on the FSD branch.

• Funny
Reactions: sleepydoc
so just employees.
It appears a few "customer" cars got it but I'd bet $s to doughnuts they are close friends, relatives or high dollar investors.

So NO V12 is not available to regular customers yet. In fact they had a 12.2 version pushed to employees last week but must have problems since all has gone quite about it and even Omar just release a video today still on 12.1.2.

It appears a few "customer" cars got it but I'd bet $s to doughnuts they are close friends, relatives or high dollar investors.

So NO V12 is not available to regular customers yet. In fact they had a 12.2 version pushed to employees last week but must have problems since all has gone quite about it and even Omar just release a video today still on 12.1.2.
V12.2 is ready for release but Tesla has not finished the training video "FSD for Dummies" yet.
It took couple years for beta users like us to know how to use FSD beta. People without FSD beta experience need that video.
Tesla cannot tell real FSD users to search youtube videos or RTFM to know how to use released FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
V12.2 is ready for release but Tesla has not finished the training video "FSD for Dummies" yet.
It took couple years for beta users like us to know how to use FSD beta. People without FSD beta experience need that video.
Tesla cannot tell real FSD users to search youtube videos or RTFM to know how to use released FSD.

Maybe the lack of progress took care of that issue as few people are buying FSD these days.

So you are saying Tesla hasn't released 12.2 to influencers yet because that are making a video about it?

Also right now "people without FSD Beta experience" that have never drove a Tesla can go buy a Tesla today and be driving on FSD Beta this afternoon, no FSD Beta experience required. So how does that relate to not releasing FSD 12.2, at least to influencers?

So you are saying Tesla hasn't released 12.2 to influencers yet because that are making a video about it?

Also right now "people without FSD Beta experience" that have never drove a Tesla can go buy a Tesla today and be driving on FSD Beta this afternoon, no FSD Beta experience required. So how does that relate to not releasing FSD 12.2, at least to influencers?
How does a fresh FSD user knows how to avoid nags?

Reactions: PACEMD
How does a fresh FSD user knows how to avoid nags?
Ha. Good question. I think the current manual says something simplistic about hanging onto the wheel. And, interestingly, the nags show up on both Standard Autopilot and EAP nowadays.

However, my knee-jerk reaction to your post was, "Geez - what if it had information on how to defeat the nag!"

Tesla would never hear the end of it.

• Funny
Reactions: rlsd
I mean it seems pretty self explanatory!

Both basic common sense and also the messages on the screen tell the user what to do.

Most people are able to figure out smart phones without much help if they really put their mind to it, and this is much simpler.
Yeah. I actually agree with what you're saying.

But given the amount of froth we've seen on this thread with people complaining bitterly about the nags, both torque and eyeballs, and the (occasional) semi-mad-scientist types trying to disable it all, can you imagine all those Ma and Pa Sixpacks out there having to contend with it for the first time?

I guarantee you, we'll see a lot of that froth in and around TMC. But my personal guess has been for quite some time that A Majority Of People Don't Use The Web.. which probably means that Tesla's help line, such as it is, is going to be overwhelmed.