Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious how they handle that since AP improvements will just eat into FSD sales. I probably would cancel my subscription if AP used the highway stack.
Well it still probably won't change lanes and will be limited to the same feature set it has now. So it will have no effect on FSD Beta.

EDIT: Also this is putting the cart before the horse since v12 doesn't even work on highways yet.

Well it still probably won't change lanes and will be limited to the same feature set it has now. So it will have no effect on FSD Beta.

EDIT: Also this is putting the cart before the horse since v12 doesn't even work on highways yet.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "v12 doesn't...work on highways yet."

I use v12 on state highways and country roads all the time.

• Funny
Reactions: de Vere and Ramphex
I'm curious as to what you mean by "v12 doesn't...work on highways yet."

I use v12 on state highways and country roads all the time.
No you haven't. READ your Release Notes. It switches to the v11 stack on highways.

EDIT: Sorry may have responded incorrectly. v12 doesn't work on limited access highways. Tesla also uses the term highways to describe limited access.

IMG_4562.jpeg

Last edited:
No, but probably at some distant point.
Yeah, and I want to make a general point here.

We've had 12.2.1, 12.3, and now 12.3.1. In each one of those releases there's been a lot of, "Wowzers! Get a look at that!" from the cognoscenti around here. And the junk brigade is, apparently, standing with their collective mouths open.

With good reason: It's a heck of an improvement from the 11 branch and before.

But each and every one of us on any of these releases, especially 12.3.1, has had complaints. Perhaps not as serious complaints as what was going on with 11.x and before, but serious enough so that Ma and Pa Sixpack shouldn't be trusted with this stuff.

For another first, Elon said, "One week!" and, making people fall over left and right.. it's been one week.

Nice. But, the usual statement now comes to the fore: "What have you done for us lately?"

And the "Lately" in this case is, "When is FSD going to be available, non-beta style, for the hoi-polloi?"

We're not there yet, but it's clear that to everybody from the techies at Tesla to the lowliest forum member around here, it's close enough to taste. This has been a big jump in performance.

So, given this apparently accelerated development schedule that Tesla appears to be achieving, we're likely going to see a lot of releases over the next couple of months as Tesla slays first one type of bug, then another.

And this is where it's going to get, well, interesting. It's clear that 12.x is another one of those minima; it might be the location of a global minima (robotaxi, here we come!) or a better minima that the 11.x, 10.x, etc., but, after work, may never get down to the level where robotaxis or even Ma and Pa Sixpack can be let loose with it. A nickel bet says that, at the moment, even the Tesla developers don't know for sure.

Are we gonna have a non-Beta FSD shortly, where "shortly" means before the end of the year? Or not? Who knows! But it's going to be a heck of a ride finding out.

And the junk brigade is, apparently, standing with their collective mouths open
lol. no, as I said before, y'all are doing our jobs for us.

EVERY post has some kind of "as soon as they fix -xyz thru abc- it will be brilliant."

Elon's a fool of he lets this thing out before it can go 200k miles without crashing. Anything less than that and average crashes in the fleet will increase.

New customers must get v12.3.1 :)
I expect that 12.3.1 is coming to 2024.x very soon. Obviously, the delivery staff cannot demo 12.3.1 if it's not available on the car.

I noticed that 12.3.1 was driving faster on Auto Max Speed than 12.3. That was nice. And, it seems to do a better job centering the car in the lane.

I also had the car slow down for a school zone! There were flashing lights and a 20 mph school zone sign. The car dutifully slowed and maintained 20-21 mph through the zone. Sadly, I went to another school and the car did not honor the school zone so had to disengage. Maybe the first time was fluke.

I just got notified that the loaner has a software update to 2023.44.30.30 (FSD 12.3.1)
Maybe your vehicle in service will get priority updates to 12.3.1 in the near-term given the direction from the top: "And please do the same when cars are returned from service. This is very important." Practically software deployment team will probably be prioritized to get this out to all vehicles without additional complications for the service team.

Looks like close-to-12.x behaviors/processes will be improved like camera calibration. Definitely will be interesting what else comes out from this current scrambling, but overall hopefully all this excitement about end-to-end improvements over 11.x will mean a faster rate of progress.

I expect that 12.3.1 is coming to 2024.x very soon. Obviously, the delivery staff cannot demo 12.3.1 if it's not available on the car....
God I hope so but we know that integrating, testing for bugs and safety checking takes weeks at best. So even if Tesla is ready to release a 24.x.x with 12.x TOMORROW for wide employee testing we are still weeks away.

Reactions: FSDtester#1