Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t forget: just one or two more years and our current cars will be L3, for sure! Exponential improvement, emergent capabilities, safer than a normal human! Tesla’s data shows that FSD is safer.
Absolutely. Also don't forget: FSD will never improve, ever. Each new version is nothing but regressions, and DanO proves FSD is unsafe and killing children. 😉

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
So another 12.3.x tiny update and another month on 24.3.x software and another NO FSDS trial to 24.8.x "this week". So here we go again with the same old anecdotal: it' the same, improvements or regressions with no way to know.

Come on Tesla we need a REAL update with concrete improvements and PROOF in the Release Notes and fulfill the broken promise to offer FSDS to all. AKA: 24.9.10/12.4.1 so you can make everyone happy.

Last edited:
Only issues with 12.3.4 with me so far are there’s 2 parts of my trip where the car drives on the center yellow line in the road for about 3 seconds

and I’ve had 2 incidents where my car got way to close to cars in front of me after I went through a stop/yield sign, it had to be 1 foot or less distance between us so I disengaged both times

Lots of reports (though this was .8 so even that will not save us) of the USB Dashcam breaking recently. Mine's broken too. Comes and goes. Just a software issue presumably since it showed up all of a sudden and at the same time as these reports.

Yep, mine has been off and on since this update.

I find this interesting tbh.

I use a solution that's not a normal USB drive in my car (TeslaUSB) and recently it started getting iffy, sometimes leaving only the event.json and the thumbnail file for events but not the video. Everyone assumed they changed something, and now with this I wonder if they accidentally changed something and it's breaking slowly for everyone. More detail here: Sentry & Saved has just 2 files · Issue #825 · marcone/teslausb

Only issues with 12.3.4 with me so far are there’s 2 parts of my trip where the car drives on the center yellow line in the road for about 3 seconds

and I’ve had 2 incidents where my car got way to close to cars in front of me after I went through a stop/yield sign, it had to be 1 foot or less distance between us so I disengaged both times
Forgot 1 more issue is the car takes too long to slow down after passing a lower speed limit sign

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner

I wonder why not call 12.4 as the next version 13? I don't think anything has been assigned for number 13 yet (unlike single stack 11.x that led to odd 10.69-type versioning), so I guess it's to give a hint that it's still fundamentally the same 12.x end-to-end architecture? What should be the threshold for bumping the major version?

Anyone else see this? The other day I was on the interstate (I-64 in Virginia). FSD engaged (12.3.4). The car got confused and was actually on auto max speed, which usually doesn’t happen on the interstate.

The car went to 84 mph (traffic usually goes about 75 here, speed limit 70) and my attempts to slow down via the scroll wheel by scrolling down were ignored. It’s a little hard to see but it dropped to 83 and then went right back to 84. Too fast.

I can never get the car to slow down via the scroll wheel while auto max is enabled.
I disengaged right after this clip. My foot is resting near but not pressing the accelerator.
12.3.4 is very sub-par. Drove 800 miles yesterday from Fl to NC. and discovered several issues:
1) vehicle now periodically "hugs" the left side of the line (picture below) with no vehicles in adjacent line,
often right on or slightly left of the line....anyone see this issue or perhaps I need a calibration
2) this revision often doesn't align with speed limit signs and is too slow to adjust.
Yesterday, all 65 mph signs were never recognized by the system.
55mph & 70 generally OK.
55 or below, mostly recognized but took much too long to slow the vehicle down (which given our route through middle of small town Florida leaves you highly vulnerable to tickets.....this revision is similar to one several back that never adjusted properly. Needed prompt to get vehicle to targeted speed. ie target is 65mph but it lags at 62 mph
3) you need to keep your head straight ahead like a crash dummy. look left or right very briefly for a turn or look at your middle screen immediate warning.

edit: local driving--still has problems when road goes from 3 lanes to 2, 2 lanes to 1, often staying in wrong lane. Hits same median in our community unless I intervene on a left turn.
tempImageweXn9M.png

Last edited:
12.3.4 is very sub-par. Drove 800 miles yesterday from Fl to NC. and discovered several issues:
1) vehicle now periodically "hugs" the left side of the line (picture below) with no vehicles in adjacent line,
often right on or slightly left of the line....anyone see this issue or perhaps I need a calibration
2) this revision often doesn't align with speed limit signs and is too slow to adjust.
Yesterday, all 65 mph signs were never recognized by the system.
55mph & 70 generally OK.
55 or below, mostly recognized but took much too long to slow the vehicle down (which given our route through middle of small town Florida leaves you highly vulnerable to tickets.....this revision is similar to one several back that never adjusted properly. Needed prompt to get vehicle to targeted speed. ie target is 65mph but it lags at 62 mph
3) you need to keep your head straight ahead like a crash dummy. look left or right very briefly for a turn or look at your middle screen immediate warning.

edit: local driving--still has problems when road goes from 3 lanes to 2, 2 lanes to 1, often staying in wrong lane. Hits same median in our community unless I intervene on a left turn.
View attachment 1040186
The changing from 2 lanes to 1 lane is an issue, mine waits to the absolute last second to change lanes when it changes to 1 lane, idk what would have happened if a car was beside me because it would either be drive off the road or hit the car beside me

Reactions: X Fan

I wonder why not call 12.4 as the next version 13? I don't think anything has been assigned for number 13 yet (unlike single stack 11.x that led to odd 10.69-type versioning), so I guess it's to give a hint that it's still fundamentally the same 12.x end-to-end architecture? What should be the threshold for bumping the major version?
He said the same exact damn thing about 12.3. 🤔 cuckoo for coco puffs🤣🤣🤣
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 11.11.27 AM.png

Lots of reports (though this was .8 so even that will not save us) of the USB Dashcam breaking recently. Mine's broken too. Comes and goes. Just a software issue presumably since it showed up all of a sudden and at the same time as these reports.
I haven't experienced this yet on my MY, but some people are saying that the glovebox USB port works better, and some others are saying that if you exclude home from sentry mode it can help. Coincidentally, that's how my car is set up - the thumb drive is in the glovebox and I have Sentry Mode disabled when at home (for deep sleep). Perhaps this setup works for some until a software update fixes the original problem.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I haven't experienced this yet on my MY, but some people are saying that the glovebox USB port works better, and some others are saying that if you exclude home from sentry mode it can help. Coincidentally, that's how my car is set up - the thumb drive is in the glovebox and I have Sentry Mode disabled when at home (for deep sleep). Perhaps this setup works for some until a software update fixes the original problem.
I’ve tried everything, plus no glovebox usb port and sentry always off.

So another 12.3.x tiny update and another month on 24.3.x software and another NO FSDS trial to 24.8.x "this week". So here we go again with the same old anecdotal: it' the same, improvements or regressions with no way to know.

Come on Tesla we need a REAL update with concrete improvements and PROOF in the Release Notes and fulfill the broken promise to offer FSDS to all. AKA: 24.9.10/12.4.1 so you can make everyone happy.
You know I like you, (not in a prison sort of way), but you are starting to complain more than usual, and just wanted to know if you need Us, in the Tmc community, to step in a have an "intervention", just for you...?

Kabin, you're a smart guy, and you know the difference between criticism and identifying shortcomings, and hate speech. Just like you know the difference between praise and identifying strengths, and fanboyism.

I have absolutely no problem with people identifying shortcomings, it's the inane drivel that comes out from many here. Let me give some examples:

Identifying Shortcomings:
I just drove for 10 miles, and had 5 disengagements, 3 for safety. The car nearly ran a red light in one, and misidentified a left turn lane for a straight through lane. I had several interventions for speed, using the accelerator to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Instead, this is what we get:
This is the worst software ever released. Everyone who bought this is an idiot. Look how utterly stupid this crap is. OMG, why is this *sugar* even allowed on the road?

Let's look at the other side - Identifying Strengths:
I just drove for 10 miles and had 0 disengagements. I only had 1 intervention, which was an accelerator use on a right unprotected turn to get it going, as there was no traffic around. v12 is giving me more and more disengagement free drives - I'm really impressed!

Instead of fanboi:
OMG, v12 is the best software out there - nothing can beat it. Elon is the GOAT, and Tesla is at the top of their game, no questions asked!

So, let's by all means get to identifying strengths and shortcomings, and less on hate speech and fanboyism.

For sure it's best to be objective. Although this is just an enthusiast forum and I understand some emotional outbursts upon near misses, running traffic lights, wheels making contact with curbs, etc. Hopefully we are all here to enjoy FSD and ultimately see it get better. Gawd knows there's lots of room for the latter.

For sure it's best to be objective. Although this is just an enthusiast forum and I understand some emotional outbursts upon near misses, running traffic lights, wheels making contact with curbs, etc. Hopefully we are all here to enjoy FSD and ultimately see it get better. Gawd knows there's lots of room for the latter.
I like both of your comments, keep the back and forth coming...
Just don't show up at each other's houses.

Sorry @kabin ... @Dewg used to be a school 🏫 bus driver, so he could probably take you... just an fyi.. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Dewg and cyborgLIS