Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah. i guess there's also the fact that while he did say 'imminent', he didn't define 'imminent'. plus, even if the cars are being produced, it's possible they aren't complete just yet (one missing part theory).
His tweet sounds more definitive than that to me. I’d expect some level of deliveries before June based on this - But I can understand your skepticism!

Here’s hoping 🤞

Yes, Ray is a reputable guy. Good inside info track record. Cannot speak to his sources on this rumor though.

Would not surprise me at all if long time, pre-refresh reservation holders got their cars by EOM and if the next group of folks got it in mid-June and the rest of us roughly end of June. Its still too long for me to wait and Im kinda enjoying my recently purchased beater (chevy volt) - so, at this point, Im keeping my order and Ill let you all know when I have a VIN for reference, but Id probably delay delivery until EOY, personally. Maybe by then, new tail lights!

Would not surprise me at all if long time, pre-refresh reservation holders got their cars by EOM and if the next group of folks got it in mid-June and the rest of us roughly end of June. Its still too long for me to wait and Im kinda enjoying my recently purchased beater (chevy volt) - so, at this point, Im keeping my order and Ill let you all know when I have a VIN for reference, but Id probably delay delivery until EOY, personally. Maybe by then, new tail lights!
I thought you were joking about purchasing a Chevy Volt lol 👍.. at least you won’t get hurt if/when you sell it.

yeah. i guess there's also the fact that while he did say 'imminent', he didn't define 'imminent'. plus, even if the cars are being produced, it's possible they aren't complete just yet (one missing part theory).
Ray does get some good scoops, but the last line about making more Ses than Xes made me question the whole thing.

Reactions: Tigers
I thought you were joking about purchasing a Chevy Volt lol 👍.. at least you won’t get hurt if/when you sell it.

Yeah - exactly. It has basically no miles on it either, so will be able to drive my usual 20,000 - 25,000 miles a year and not have to worry. It's certainly a downgrade from my Model 3 in terms of looks, fun and tech (in some ways, not in others). The chevy app SUCKS real bad, though, to be totally honest. Not usable.

But, I have reservations for a Rivian, a Lucid Air and a Model S. I'm def not able to keep all 3, but I reckon in 12 months all 3 will be out and I can decide then which one to go with. Very sad, as Id rather just have the S now and be done car shopping for years, but it is what it is. Like I said - Ill still come here and let you all know my VIN update or any other news to try and be helpful.

Reactions: elguapo and Drew-MS
i ordered day of announcement and my date is still blank. I suspect that if your date is blank then you are likely going to get the car before July, given that everyone who ordered the day after announcement has been told July. I also suspect this is an under promise, overdeliver situation. I claim no source and have no contacts, but I suspect that somebody in tesla figured out that they need to use worst case scenario for dates right now.

Reactions: legend_of_jim
How do you delay delivery? Considering ordering one to put my name in the books but would like to wait it out and see first.

i ordered day of announcement and my date is still blank. I suspect that if your date is blank then you are likely going to get the car before July, given that everyone who ordered the day after announcement has been told July. I also suspect this is an under promise, overdeliver situation. I claim no source and have no contacts, but I suspect that somebody in tesla figured out that they need to use worst case scenario for dates right now.
It has to be. Tesla has to be smart enough not to UNDER deliver twice lol.

A typical business strategy - "Alright team, let's give them the maximum and latest estimated delivery possible. That way, they'll be happy when we turn the tides and in fact deliver BEFORE we said we would!"

It has to be. Tesla has to be smart enough not to UNDER deliver twice lol.

A typical business strategy - "Alright team, let's give them the maximum and latest estimated delivery possible. That way, they'll be happy when we turn the tides and in fact deliver BEFORE we said we would!"
A typical business strategy is to finish testing the product and be prepared to make it before selling it.

Your belief is wrong

I am not wrong. Tesla representing to customers on it website that cars will be delivered in February/March when Tesla knows or should know that's not realistic is false advertising. Tesla is liable for foreseeable damages resulting from that false advertising. That some customers would need to buy rental cars in the interim is a foreseeable result of the false advertising.