Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't take the photos so I cannot report to that although given the exposed cables I'd say it's a mfg for sure. It does seem to be the most complete one we've seen thus far given the rubber on the wheel
ahh, just noticed the wires

Except it is parked.
could theoretically have been an unlit indicator, that’s just there to tell you what gear you’re in. that being said... i doubt that. that’s what the screens are for 😂

ahh, just noticed the wires

could theoretically have been an unlit indicator, that’s just there to tell you what gear you’re in. that being said... i doubt that. that’s what the screens are for 😂

You need a back-up for when the car's AI doesn't know which gear to be in and that bluetooth chip in your brain fails to connect.

I personally feel if the chip shortages were causing the delays, Tesla would have said so and it would have been sort of acceptable. The fact they haven’t , makes me feel it’s something else entirely.
Unless he doesn’t want a herd of buyers to cancel their orders by acknowledging a delay (regardless of the reason). I think the chip shortage theory is plausible and wouldn’t put it past Elon to purposely delay acknowledgment as long as possible. He’s not lying if he says nothing, but the truth may materially hurt him.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Hold up. When did the chip shorted start? It had to be last year around this time after all hell was breaking loose. I can’t understand how Elon would announce this in February when they’d have FULL insight into this shortage as soon as it started happening. Yet they are pumping out Ys and 3s like there is no tomorrow. My wife ordered a Y in March and they delivered it the 23rd,
Q end push of course, but could we then assume the chip shortage is unique to S and X?
MS LR Feb 5th order. July

You need a back-up for when the car's AI doesn't know which gear to be in and that bluetooth chip in your brain fails to connect.
I wonder where or if there’s a glove compartment. Maybe it opens up from top

Attachments

• 0158BF01-CCC9-4922-BACE-C6255BBE72DB.png
    0158BF01-CCC9-4922-BACE-C6255BBE72DB.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 116
@Desert Dave I am too lazy to go find all the pics shown but someone here surely looks at them daily and can find it easily: I believe there was a photo of the center screen that showed the glovebox button. It was the one where the photographer sat in it at the supercharger and was able to see the settings screen.

ETA: I think I found the pic I was looking for and I do not see it on that pic. I would say it has one but in Elon's world anything is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Dave
Fwiw, Elon did tweet about supplies in April. Who knows if it's related but yeah.

Parts could also be for the GigaPress that caught fire - although it has been labelled a "minor" fire. No idea if all the parts needed are around in stock, have to be shipped from Italy or that it's back up and running. Last drone video of Fremont kind of looked like it might still be dismantled. Unsure of the impact of it.

Too much left unsaid until a week Monday.

Saw a refreshed MS for the first time in person about an hour ago heading north on 101 to San Francisco. MSM, no license plates or badging, w/yoke. It looks very sharp with wider stance and wheels. Also I think rear diffuser is different. Sorry no pics, but it might be on my dashcam. I’m not sure if the footage would reveal anything new though.

Please provide if on dashcam. We need this in our lives!