Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real reason or not - do not know - but range target could be an issue.
The LR+ was already over 400 miles, so I would think that is not a concern, at least, technically doable.

I posted pictures I took of a red mule in San Clemente, CA twice on this board. It didn’t have the arachnids though. Here they are again for those that missed it.
Should have been clear, was referring to that one with the arachnids and dark interior

The LR+ was already over 400 miles, so I would think that is not a concern, at least, technically doable.

Should have been clear, was referring to that one with the arachnids and dark interior

They stated that is has over 400 miles but what if through batteries/design, etc. it dropped that range and now they are scrambling. Pure speculation.

Also, someone did post a recent photo of a red test mule in Florida on the road. Thought it matched the truck mounted factory one.

• Informative
Reactions: omarsultan
This is all hypothetical. Total speculation on my part.
If it was a miscalculation, maybe Tesla wants to keep the battery of the LR and Plaid the same so using a slightly larger battery in both cars. The only difference is LR has 2 motors and Plaid 3 (less likely.)

Or maybe they simply want to release both cars at the same time for whatever reason. (More likely)
Didn't Elon make reference to the Plaid being released first?

I wonder when Tesla is going to start calling 911 on that drone pilot? What they are doing is clearly illegal in CA.
Please leave. And not illegal as CA doesn't set drone laws the FAA does. Why would this be illegal? And musk has said he's fine with the flyovers, so don't get started on private property.

I believe he meant Gwynne Shotwell who is the COO of SpaceX and probably can be credited with keeping things running on time

Yes, I saw her speak in 2019 at an investor conference and spoke with her briefly. She's clearly running the show even if her official title is COO and President. She is also one of their first employees and on the board of directors. They asked her how involved Elon was and she laughed the question off. She clearly doesn't suffer fools.

Real reason or not - do not know - but range target could be an issue.

ETA: If range is an issue, let's hope it to add more due to competition and not that they cannot meet currently stated range.
Bracing for the tsunami of posts hitting this thread after tomorrow’s earnings call
Hopefully we’ll get some answers but I’m not holding my breath.
It’s obviously something significant and hopefully there’s a sensible reason why Tesla hasn’t said a word.

Status of MS refresh must have been question #4. 🤣

I think the financial people are just as disillusioned as the other fanboys at this point. Someone has to ask where their two flagship products are, one with a near 3 month delay with no real update.
Investors don’t care because the S and X don’t matter for the growth of Tesla anymore. Same reason Elon probably doesn’t care. I don’t think he wants to let MB or Porsche own the “premium” category, but he knows that’s not the big TAM or where long term growth and stability come from.

Reactions: Moose57 and jsight
I think the financial people are just as disillusioned as the other fanboys at this point. Someone has to ask where their two flagship products are, one with a near 3 month delay with no real update.
I wonder how hard it would be to have the ability to participate on the conf call. “Hi my name is Drew and I’m a TMC member waiting for my Plaid. Can you please tell us Wtf is going on with the refresh ?” 😄

Last edited:
Investors don’t care because the S and X don’t matter for the growth of Tesla anymore. Same reason Elon probably doesn’t care. I don’t think he wants to let MB or Porsche own the “premium” category, but he knows that’s not the big TAM or where long term growth and stability come from.
Unfortunately this is the reality.. but if it weren’t for the early S and X, the 3 wouldn’t have been possible.

Reactions: elguapo