Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Investors don’t care because the S and X don’t matter for the growth of Tesla anymore. Same reason Elon probably doesn’t care. I don’t think he wants to let MB or Porsche own the “premium” category, but he knows that’s not the big TAM or where long term growth and stability come from.
I wouldn't say they don't care, but it definitely isn't the top urgency. Getting the new factories running on schedule is the most critical thing right now.

Beyond that, it is really hard to say even what they are prioritizing right now. New launches of unannounced products maybe?

I wouldn't say they don't care, but it definitely isn't the top urgency. Getting the new factories running on schedule is the most critical thing right now.

Beyond that, it is really hard to say even what they are prioritizing right now. New launches of unannounced products maybe?

At this point it would not surprise me if Elon announced launching a new probe to colonize Uranus.

Anybody have a link of how to listen in to the investor call tomorrow? Also what time is it?

Reactions: T-Racer and Av8rrob
Speaking of Uranus, am I alone in thinking that Teslarati is all the way up Elon Musk’s ass? It shines on anything negative about him and Tesla. If I’m out of line, apologies because this is my first Tesla experience and it hasn’t been a good one.
It’s pretty much the same with the many Tesla YouTube channels. Some are transparent and I like watching. Generally speaking, most people want positivity whether watching videos or on Teslarati.
Tesla has some great products (including cars.) It’s just ashame that someone high up at Tesla hasn’t stepped-up and made some changes because customer service still really sux. Even some basic things like offer a fair price on trade-ins, not $15k less than what Carvanna offers. Sometimes you can’t help but think the employees just don’t understand basic business. At least pretend to care about your customers.

Reactions: gadelrosario
How to access Q1 earnings call.

Attachments

• EB46E08B-0658-490A-B212-C7C1D8F2DF5D.jpeg
    EB46E08B-0658-490A-B212-C7C1D8F2DF5D.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 60
How to access Q1 earnings call.
The Q1 press release attached to the Press Releases page says that the Model S and X are in "the early stages of ramping production."

MiamiEvKing wins it for the right phrasing.

Hopefully MORE details will come out from the call than this simple statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNGuy99 and Drew-MS
The Q1 press release attached to the Press Releases page says that the Model S and X are in "the early stages of ramping production."

MiamiEvKing wins it for the right phrasing.

Hopefully MORE details will come out from the call than this simple statement.

That's because @MiamiEvKing probably saw the letter 3 weeks ago or so when it was provided. Just note there is nothing new in the since.

@elguapo - to finish off my thought on that point. It's hard to say how many S/X they could've made this year if everything went right but roughly assuming higher than the ~18k or so a qtr they were selling previously, I still stand on the pedestal that analysts should care because it could've been up to 20% or so of overall revenue. To your point, in 2025 S/X are not going to be that much in revenue, but in the short term, I think analysts understand (well who am I kidding) that this is significant $ that Tesla definitely needs to stay afloat. Not to mention, having these premium vehicles are a huge part of their marketing campaign (that they don't supposedly do).

I removed the dislike from your comment but I have to disagree. They probably spent hundreds of millions or more to retool, redesign, and otherwise to come up with the new S/X. No way they do that and not expect to sell material volume.

I will concede - I will not be surprised if no one asks, but I'm going to be pretty pissed.

Guys please let me reiterate after a road trip I just took in the ID4... Electrify America is AWFUL. Half the stalls don't work and the other half only charge at random reduced rates. Total garbage.

So for you Audi and porsche wanna be owners, if you plan on going on road trips, take the ice and save yourself a ton of time.

This experience makes me more pissed I don't have the Tesla yet. I'd never rely on EA like I did tesla superchargers for a cross country trip. Not even close.

That's because @MiamiEvKing probably saw the letter 3 weeks ago or so when it was provided. Just note there is nothing new in the since.

@elguapo - to finish off my thought on that point. It's hard to say how many S/X they could've made this year if everything went right but roughly assuming higher than the ~18k or so a qtr they were selling previously, I still stand on the pedestal that analysts should care because it could've been up to 20% or so of overall revenue. To your point, in 2025 S/X are not going to be that much in revenue, but in the short term, I think analysts understand (well who am I kidding) that this is significant $ that Tesla definitely needs to stay afloat. Not to mention, having these premium vehicles are a huge part of their marketing campaign (that they don't supposedly do).

I removed the dislike from your comment but I have to disagree. They probably spent hundreds of millions or more to retool, redesign, and otherwise to come up with the new S/X. No way they do that and not expect to sell material volume.

I will concede - I will not be surprised if no one asks, but I'm going to be pretty pissed.
@Tigers Thanks for thoughtful reply and agree on all points. Sad part is the analysts don’t really take the time to understand Tesla beyond the headline grabbing items.

I will be deeply disappointed if no one pushes Musk on what is actually going on with S and X production. But I doubt they will.

There’s at least a chance. This guy has at least identified the issue. Not sure if he’s influential or not or if he’ll have a voice today?

Thanks for sharing, I just read it and seems pretty thorough. Not so sure about the .85 cents estimate (.10 cents more than the consensus) unless Tesla sold some Bitcoin.

While its hard to tell exactly because we don't get model-level ASP, I do agree with your earlier point that S/X could have a material impact on FY this year, but in the scheme of things the stock price and P/E are more tied to scaling GF-China, bringing GF-Berlin on line, maybe GF-India, plus the ability to move into adjacent markets (Semi, "Model 2")

It will be interesting to see if Tesla makes an effort to hold on the the high-ground or cede it to MB, Lucid, Porsche, etc and focus the mid-market. You could make the case that focusing on the high volume segments is more in line with the company mission and the whole sales and service experience is more inline with the volume market vs the premium market--closer to Wal-Mart than to Nordstrom (and that is not a ding on either company, both are great companies, just optimized for different things).