Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By VIPs you mean Guinea Pigs?
Guessing these VIPs are people close to Tesla, meaning huge investors, Tesla employees, family members, maybe famous personalities, etc. Then they likely start assigning VINS for people who placed orders pre-refresh, and then it trickles down to us nobodies who ordered post refresh announcment, lol. :p

Guessing these VIPs are people close to Tesla, meaning huge investors, Tesla employees, family members, maybe famous personalities, etc. Then they likely start assigning VINS for people who placed orders pre-refresh, and then it trickles down to us nobodies who ordered post refresh announcment, lol. :p

... And then Tigers red one.

Thought the VINs are usually assigned approx 2 weeks before delivery? If so, that would mean we should see VINs being assigned next week for deliveries the last week of May. BUT, I'm not certain we'll see any May deliveries, other than perhaps a few "VIPs." So, being a little more conservative on that, I think VINs may start being assigned toward the end of May for June deliveries...just my guess.
East coast is typically 3 to 4 weeks

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator
Tesla website shows June-July for new MS Plaid orders.

Based on that someone placing an order today can take delivery in 3-4 weeks.

And this is all after fulfilling orders as far back as last year.

So, let's hope we see some VINs by Friday.
I’d like to choose a number and four vowels please and would like them by Friday: 5YJSA............

Ey! Looks like a red one with white interior there in the back! 👀 (probably a Model 3...)

@GrnSqrl - I think this is the most S we have seen in the logistics lot - so I'd say it is a good sign!
1620170365616.png
1620170479888.png

blurry, but yours may be one of these red ones haha!
and yeah I think this is the most new MS I've ever seen in the logistics lot.

I could be completely wrong, but could the presence of white plastic protection on the window trim indicate a higher chance of that vehicle being a customer delivery? I only thought of this because It seems like most of the MS test cars we've previously seen in the logistics lot haven't had this plastic protection.

View attachment 659573View attachment 659575

I could be completely wrong, but could the presence of white plastic protection on the window trim indicate a higher chance of that vehicle being a customer delivery? I only thought of this because It seems like most of the MS test cars we've previously seen in the logistics lot haven't had this plastic protection.
What exactly is the “logistics lot” and what is the significance of vehicles being seen there? How does it differ from other lots?

Reactions: Laddcruzer
When the steering assist failed on my MS, I moved my hands to about the 1 o’clock position to use my weight to turn the wheel. At a lower position, you startturning towards the horizontal earlier, and cannot use your mass to help. Steering becomes very difficult without the assist.
In the late’60s our old family station wagon was not equipped with power steering, but did have a bench seat. Before my first time driving my girlfriend, I spent some time practicing parallel parking using only my left hand. That ensured I could keep my right arm around her…

Tesla website shows June-July for new MS Plaid orders.

Based on that someone placing an order today can take delivery in 3-4 weeks.

And this is all after fulfilling orders as far back as last year.

So, let's hope we see some VINs by Friday.
Its certainly in their best interest to "lie harder" to the buyer of a higher margin product. If I had to choose to lie on the delivery date (again) on one of the three trim levels, that would be the one.

View attachment 659573View attachment 659575

I'm claiming one of the red ones with black interior now.