Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now my Red MS LR is showing black with missing wheels :)
1621545376710.png

I will say, after living in California for a year or so, it was pretty hilarious watching people driving around $100k cars sitting in traffic on the way to their 9-5 and then coming home to an apartment, likely around the 800 sq ft mark. Always made me giggle. I digress.
I've noticed this effect pretty regularly too. Although in a lot of cases, I see less expensive houses and more relatively expensive cars. Not necessarily the worst tradeoff for everyone.

I have a few friends/relatives that spoil the sh*t out of their kids. A $100k+ car for HS graduation is just wrong. It's totally ridiculous to be honest. Lots of people have too much money. In most cases, the 18 year old didn't buy the car.
I have seen several ridiculous cases of 16 year olds driving their own Lambos to high school. I find that inexplicable.

On the other hand, both of my teenage daughters drive Teslas and to the casual observer they appear incredibly spoiled. For my particular situation, it just makes economic sense. The Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus can be leased with nothing down for around $400 per month. We have a large 15Kw photovoltaic system that produces all of the electricity for our house and multiple EV's with nothing spent on electricity. I could buy my daughters Toyota Corolla's for about $200 per month and give them $200 per month in gas and we would be in the same situation. However, the operating costs on the Tesla are actually lower with no tune-ups, oil changes, or regular maintenance required.

Additionally, with the Tesla app I can always see if my kids are safe. I feel secure knowing that they are driving one of the safest cars on the road. Furthermore, I can monitor where they are, how fast they are driving and even set a speed limit so they won't drive too fast. I don't know any other cars where this is possible. It was an easy decision for our family.

My model S is showing an August delivery at this very moment. Who knows what it will say this afternoon!