Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is exciting and encouraging that we know at least one of us has a delivery date. But what does that mean for the rest of us?

I hope it means that deliveries start flowing. I’m optimistic. But until we get more confirmed deliveries I’ll keep a lid on my enthusiasm.

But congrats to omarsultan! Like everyone else I’m on pins and needles waiting on his report/evaluation.

What does ‘limbic resonance’ even mean ? Never heard that before 😬
I know it’s positive lol

Limbic resonance​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Limbic resonance is the idea that the capacity for sharing deep emotional states arises from the limbic system of the brain.[1] These states include the dopamine circuit-promoted feelings of empathic harmony, and the norepinephrine circuit-originated emotional states of fear, anxiety and anger.[2]
The concept was advanced in the book A General Theory of Love (2000), and is one of three interrelated concepts central to the book's premise: that our brain chemistry and nervous systems are measurably affected by those closest to us (limbic resonance); that our systems synchronize with one another in a way that has profound implications for personality and lifelong emotional health (limbic regulation); and that these set patterns can be modified through therapeutic practice (limbic revision).[3]:170

Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS

Limbic resonance​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Limbic resonance is the idea that the capacity for sharing deep emotional states arises from the limbic system of the brain.[1] These states include the dopamine circuit-promoted feelings of empathic harmony, and the norepinephrine circuit-originated emotional states of fear, anxiety and anger.[2]
The concept was advanced in the book A General Theory of Love (2000), and is one of three interrelated concepts central to the book's premise: that our brain chemistry and nervous systems are measurably affected by those closest to us (limbic resonance); that our systems synchronize with one another in a way that has profound implications for personality and lifelong emotional health (limbic regulation); and that these set patterns can be modified through therapeutic practice (limbic revision).[3]:170
Lol thank you 👍.. got it

Reactions: EVonly
New Gabe video, flyover of that temporary lot they've been moving S's too. Came out June 6th on Patreon, so should be open on Youtube tomorrow (support his Patreon, he's providing us the only real news here lmao).

There appear to be a ton of LR's there, unless they're going to go back and add the plaid badges later. He gets really close, so you get to see the interiors very well..

Took a break from this thread today and came back to the cancelled Plaid+ news 🤯

While this opens up a ton of questions and leaves me feeling negative about the circumstances, I know that the MS with FSD is what I want my next car to be. So, I put in an order for a Plaid.

I debated doing that a week ago and decided against it, only to be forced into doing it now. Never got a call asking me to change the order.

ESD is June, but waiting on Thursday’s reveal and @omarsultan (congrats!!! 🥳) to provide more details to see if I go through with delivery on the Plaid and give up on Plaid+ ever coming back.

I think at this point, that this will be my first (MSM LR) and last tesla I buy. Maybe things will change in the future in terms of tesla operational management, but this process has left bad taste in my mouth. Just seems they dont have a good planing acumen which is probably a product of elon personality and functional short-sightedness.

So some things that we can deduce from @omarsultan getting his delivery confirmation.

1. Order date/number isn’t overly important. He placed his Plaid order on 5/25 (same day as me. fingers crossed!)
2. White interior (and probably CF trim) supplies have dried up. As reported before, if you got your order in when those options said June, you’re probably covered. Once the supplies dried up, those options were pushed out to Aug. But Tesla does have supply to build existing orders. (Or at least his white seats)
3. Location matters far more than date of order (he lives in CA. sorry right-coasters)
4. Your confidence level should be high if you have an estimated delivery date that is a date range within June. I.e. June xx-xx (he had a June date range recently)
5. The verdict is still out whether FSD matters. In this case, it sure didn’t hurt that he had it on his order

Huge congrats to omarsultan! Can’t wait to see pics!
There’s some truth in there (white interior), but I wouldn’t extrapolate too much from a special event (location matters). We always knew first deliveries & event invites would go to “VIPs”, but maybe not exactly what defined a VIP.

People involved with Owners Clubs obviously got priority. I know a guy 2,000 miles from Fremont who got an invite. He also runs a very active owners group.

Let’s wait & see what things look like for VIN assignments at regular delivery centers.

Reactions: T-Racer
Website still shows Plaid orders today have a delivery date for June. If there is any truth to that (a big IF), if means one of two things. Either the order book for Plaid isn’t very big and they can start regular production of LRs July 1, or they plan on shipping orders for Plaid made today before orders from months ago.

I think at this point, that this will be my first (MSM LR) and last tesla I buy. Maybe things will change in the future in terms of tesla operational management, but this process has left bad taste in my mouth. Just seems they dont have a good planing acumen which is probably a product of elon personality and functional short-sightedness.
Having been a Tesla observer/investor for quite a while now (ever since a buddy in SF first gave me a ride in his MS about 8 years ago), I have watched so many of Tesla's "screw-ups" that this situation barely registers on the screw-up scale. Despite all the missteps (and mis-tweets), though, Tesla has delivered the best cars ever made, hands down. The hiccups are apparently part of the process; when your company is capable of sudden mid-course corrections based on changing circumstances, when you can react quickly to deal with situations such as the financial crisis, COVID, whatever, not every decision ends up being permanent. It's just the Tesla (or Elon more specifically) way, and it pisses a lot of people off. Despite having lost a lot of money due to my not knowing how to deal with the 420 tweet, for example, my long-term confidence in the company made up for it.

We've had a Model 3 for almost 3 years and it rocks, so I know my MS will be great as well. It doesn't need to be perfect, nor do Tesla/Elon's decisions. The end result just has to be on target. This is why I'm bemused at all the detective work being done around here; it's fun to watch other people doing it, but I'm happy as a simple consumer of all the intel rather than a seeker, and I'm really looking forward to having my MS, whenever that comes to fruition.

Hopefully other car companies will catch up with Tesla’s range and autopilot. I said the same thing after all the small issues with our 2020 X (alignment, spot missing paint, etc) but, with no close EV options, the first time you’re changing oil in an ICE you’ll forgive them. 🤬😂