Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those are the excuses I'm trying to tell my self, but it's hard to discredit the 3.1 seconds figure as not fast enough to safely merge haha

I've got it. "Honey, remember the time in Hawaii when I was trying to pass a bunch of cars but there was another car approaching us head-on and I had to pull over onto the left shoulder? That wouldn't happen with Plaid."

I ordered 10/2020. Mine went back to blank not even Estimated Delivery. Though I thought it was a great idea to go to Fremont. My family wasn’t big on the idea of a 3 week trip from California to New York. That’s factoring all the time I will spend getting “lost” along the way.
Yes, its some crazy stuff. My dealership is 2 hours away in Atlanta but I'd gladly hop on a plane and drive it home from Fremont. Hopefully its only a week long trip since my understanding is we can use Waze in our new MS!

Last edited:
There seems to be better odds from pre-refresh orders to show a delivery date if you have FSD and Arachnids. Plus order being day before refresh announcement puts you at the end of the pre-refresh line. Hopefully you will move up from August. Still, even though those dates have been meaningless to this point, I’d like a date range, even if it was August.
I am pre-refresh and have no dates. Like many, I had the June 1-30 and 21-30 but they disappeared.

Probably up. There's speculation that Tesla was sandbagging their initial figures.
Tesla seems to make up “sugar” with no consequence. They will likely up the figures on the page with no ability to prove or deny its accuracy. Many people who own them have reported the inability to match Tesla’s claims, it hasn’t seemed to have stopped them from making bigger ones. 2 secs, sub 2, almost 2, nearly 2, 2.5, 3, whatever? February, September, same same

Those are the excuses I'm trying to tell my self, but it's hard to discredit the 3.1 seconds figure as not fast enough to safely merge haha

The P85D I got as a loaner did that time and it's nuts the non performance S does that now. I'm pretty happy with my 4.2s but I can't lie that the P85D with the Plus suspension wasn't the most fun ride ever for me and my (then 1yo) daughter.

I'm sure the plaid will be an experience. I still love zooming at every light and on ramp. I'll never take Tesla insurance because they'll wrongly infer that you can't be safe and fun at the same time.

The LR is more than enough for anyone but nothing beats plaid. It's just a bigger smile the more the Gs fold your face as you straddle the thin line between friction and slipping. I can't say that's worth 40k to me but I can't say it's quantifiable to someone that hasn't experienced that kind of acceleration. It's violent and almost surreal like a roller coaster. Few have experienced it before actually so we will see after Thursday how crazy plaid is for customers.

Yeah -- I wish they would give me some logical reason to buy the Plaid. But I can't tell my wife that I spent $40k extra to go faster than we could ever possibly drive here in LA.
Tell her that you had a vision last night and a figure dressed in white with lights all around, visited you and told you to get it. Practice a few times so you do it straight faced.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
The P85D I got as a loaner did that time and it's nuts the non performance S does that now. I'm pretty happy with my 4.2s but I can't lie that the P85D with the Plus suspension wasn't the most fun ride ever for me and my (then 1yo) daughter.

I'm sure the plaid will be an experience. I still love zooming at every light and on ramp. I'll never take Tesla insurance because they'll wrongly infer that you can't be safe and fun at the same time.

The LR is more than enough for anyone but nothing beats plaid. It's just a bigger smile the more the Gs fold your face as you straddle the thin line between friction and slipping. I can't say that's worth 40k to me but I can't say it's quantifiable to someone that hasn't experienced that kind of acceleration. It's violent and almost surreal like a roller coaster. Few have experienced it before actually so we will see after Thursday how crazy plaid is for customers.
Perhaps lease it amd it will be far less than 40k difference???

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I really think it will depend on your RN number. I'm 1141 and I feel pretty confident I should get mine with the first batch of releases of LR in June. I'm noticing the early RN's like 1141 and 1142 have June dates. To be honest it makes me a little nervous to possibly get one of the first ones. Like maybe they are going to add some bell or whistle that I'm going to miss out on. This whole process produces so much anxiety. Or is it called Limbic Resonance?
I right there with you. RN1142.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid