Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came across this beauty while charging at my local SC.
08E930B1-5670-43CE-A54C-447A21183951.jpeg
C25DBA67-511E-4B39-AE1D-BFDF238CD717.jpeg

It’s an absolute masterpiece. I spoke with a few reps who had the chance to experience Plaid and they confirmed it far exceeds the hype.

If this were true, could we argue that we should have data to support it? So far, we've seen pre-refresh and January LR's get vins.. we haven't seen one February yet. What are the chances those are all outside of TMC?

hmm, good point buddy! So far - outside of the Plaid specific combination (which is clearly due to a part shortage) it has been sequential...

hmm.............................................................

I have ordered the Arachnids (just because the Tempest look aweful) but will need to swamp wheels in winter as I live in the DC area. I was planning on buying 19” or 20” wheels with all season tires for winter. I was checking to see if any of you have suggestions on where to get the wheels swapped? Should I go to a Tesla store or will the local Tire store (Tire Plus, etc.) also work?
Where you taking delivery from.. Are you getting lr or plaid ..im out of dc area too

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
hmm, good point buddy! So far - outside of the Plaid specific combination (which is clearly due to a part shortage) it has been sequential...

hmm.............................................................
I may have spoke to soon. Are my eyes deceiving me? We have a Feb 10th order from AZ with a VIN.
- Refresh Model S Tracking

Except we know it's not random. There is a certain specification you can order and get your car in the next couple of week or have VIN assigned before eoq. If you get black or MSM as exterior + black/cream interior with Arachnids 21" - you're definitely getting your car or VIN assigned in a matter of days. There's a clear pattern here. There's nothing random here at all. It also seems like this SA didn't know anything extra ordinary compared to what we already know. All of this is a bunch of bullshit!
I think you’ve got half the equation. You need to have the right car ordered, but you also have to live in the right place. You have to be picking up at a location that Tesla has a delivery going to with space for your car. What’s going on right now is an inventory and logistics exercise. There’s no pattern to it because there’s a computer at Tesla that is dictating which cars get put on which truck so that they deliver the most optimized number of cars they can.

I may have spoke to soon. Are my eyes deceiving me? We have a Feb 10th order from AZ with a VIN.

I mean - I could see some variance but the person sam spoke to sounds like they are making *sugar* up - looking at that chart - things more or less correlate, as im sure there is some consideration for colors being produced/location/etc.

Could be that order just happened to fit a production run. MSLR MSM/Black seems to be a common delivery right now. And 2/10 isn’t THAT recent. It would be interesting if there were pre-refresh order dates with that same config that are still waiting, although that could be due to profiles not complete.

Hypothetical call to Tesla...
Me - so I have 2 orders, can you check the status please
Tesla - I see a MS LR ordered early feb, MSM color thats great, loads of those, black interior brilliant we are pumping those out, no CF as a LR so that perfect, Arachinds awesome we love those, East coast meh, no FSD eeek, ok let’s take a look at the Y. So the Y is great, most popular car right now, we are making loads of them, see white perfect, upgraded wheels excellent, oh sugar white interior .... click.
Me - hello , can you hear me, I’m not in California, dreaming about a Tesla that’s not meant to be (stole that from Adele)
Just passing time while I wait for a VIN...sorry...still excited

You might find that Tesla won't swop wheels that you haven't bought from them, but I'm not sure about this, best to reach out to your local SC. When I got my Model 3 I actually used the company who were doing my ceramic coating and tinting, as they had a high end touchless machine to put the tires on my new rims. The place I used deal with a lot of exotics, so I knew I could trust them not to trash my new rims. Wheels are actually really easy to swop yourself come winter. Just get a low profile jack, a puck (which inserts to one of 4 holes where you can safely jack the car) and a decent torque wrench. It's probably about an hours work to change all 4 wheels.
If you can, please provide the name of the place in CT. Wilton isn’t too far from me.
I want my windows tinted, ppf, and ceramic coating. I wasn’t happy with the place I used last time.

So just had an interesting call that proves the SA's and others really have no idea what's going on:

I see TESLA on phone and answered, the SA is calling to ask if I want to change my order from white interior seats to cream or black to get it sooner. I said are you telling my current delivery date and VIN aren't real because I am taking delivery on Monday with white seats. He said ooo really? Then says whoa! We were just given notice those were not going to be available but people could change but it looks like you got one.

I said can you please check to make sure your it doesn't change or go away and he took a few minutes and said sure enough - you got one.

Monday can't come soon enough.

Alright, I’ve been blessed with an update. This may come as a shock to some of you and to the well seasoned Tesla owners, it will not be surprising.

Disclaimer: This is in regards to Long Range orders, I am not sure if this applies to Plaid orders.

After seeing people get assigned VINs for Long Range, I figured that they started producing (obviously, otherwise no VIN) the Long Ranges and I am not too far behind the line…

I called my inside man who answered in one word sentences after telling me he cannot speak at length to what’s going on. Here is the conversation.

Me: What’s the Queue like?

JR: No queue.

Me: How are they prioritising early orders/owners.

JR: Nope.

I caught on to what he was doing. Smart me.

Me: So it’s completely random?

JR: Nope

Me: So there’s an order…

Me: It’s not random and there’s no order… are early reservation holders being prioritised?

Me: I see most orders have the new 21” Wheels. Is that something to do?

Me (frustrated): You’re saying that if I place a LR order right now, with regular wheels I might get assigned this week?

JR: Possibly. But unlikely. There is no system to how these LR VINs are being assigned.

Me (defeated): Am I getting a car in the next month.

JR: Maybe. But only maybe.

Me: Sounds like a cluster [insert expletive here]

JR: There is no system in place. Cars are being assigned not by region, or config. The only thing that’s true for is the Plaid. All of those are being matched as soon as they come off the line. I don’t expect any major changes after EOQ. Things will most likely slow down so a proper system can be implemented. For now it’s as you said.

Me: [insert expletive here]

JR: Sorry dude. If you want a car, the Plaid would be a guaranteed car within the next 30 days.

Me: …

Find out what happens next time on!….

Lost: Tesla Edition
Ummm. This is insane.

I mean - I could see some variance but the person sam spoke to sounds like they are making *sugar* up - looking at that chart - things more or less correlate, as im sure there is some consideration for colors being produced/location/etc.

Will deny it if ever brought up in public - but I agree with Tigers.

I came across this beauty while charging at my local SC. View attachment 677393View attachment 677394
It’s an absolute masterpiece. I spoke with a few reps who had the chance to experience Plaid and they confirmed it far exceeds the hype.
The black and ebony interior looks great. Very easy on the eye. Nice mix with the grey tweed by the door handle. Not sure how the white interior people deal with the glare.

If this were true, could we argue that we should have data to support it? So far, we've seen pre-refresh and January LR's get vins.. we haven't seen one February yet. What are the chances those are all outside of TMC?
Not true, I am a feb LR order. I am taking delivery Wednesday. I received vin 2 days ago. Was told by my SA that the truck my car is on is all LR’s.

I've requested to modified the wheel from 19" to 21" Arachnids about 2 hours ago and the account page still shows no change. For someone who changed the configurations, how long did you guys took for update?
I asked my SA after the same change and this is what she said "'Ive summited a case and it should be reflected on your account before the end of the day." Not sure if "end of day" is in Elon time.