Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This probation thing has no defined rules or time limit assigned to it. All I know is that every post I attempt to make has to be approved by a moderator, and that process can take several hours to several days.

I can't really participate in conversations if my comments may never be viewed. Who wants to go back several pages to see if something was added after they already read the posts? For that reason, I am going to stop posting until the probation is lifted. If the probation is based on a set number of posts, instead of a time limit, then this will be my last post.
Is there a moderator that can address this? Probation seems silly without a clear definition of what it entails.

So what is "bastard lot"? I've seen 430, 451, and 452 mentioned
430 and below. 430 is hit or miss though. Some 430 cars were either delivered at the Plaid event (@omarsultan) and a few other forum members have taken delivery of 430 VINs before there was ever movement on the dirt lot. One of the 430 delivery members has said their car has ”zero issues”.

451, 452 and 453XXX are all newer built VINs.

When I called Tesla about my vehicle, the advisor offered three Plaids, two recent builds (now reserved) and a May build. There was another May car with a damage disclosure that I was available here in Florida.

Here’s a May Plaid that’s available in Florida: Blue Cream 21” Plaid
So these don’t even show up on the online inventory?

430 and below. 430 is hit or miss though. Some 430 cars were either delivered at the Plaid event (@omarsultan) and a few other forum members have taken delivery of 430 VINs before there was ever movement on the dirt lot. One of the 430 delivery members has said their car has ”zero issues”.

451, 452 and 453XXX are all newer built VINs.
The only "build" issues I have had with my car (431XXX, 4,494 miles) are the bracket for the front passenger a-pillar glass and the rattling rear seat latch. Paint, panel gaps, etc have been great.

The only "build" issues I have had with my car (431XXX, 4,494 miles) are the bracket for the front passenger a-pillar glass and the rattling rear seat latch. Paint, panel gaps, etc have been great.

I think my concern would be more with the battery - isn't it bad to just let them sit in the heat/etc for months?

I think my concern would be more with the battery - isn't it bad to just let them sit in the heat/etc for months?
Generally, no, unless they somehow ran down to zero. Long term storage at 30-50% is usually what they target and is fine.

Edit: The cars had to sit on the lot for some reason, and one of the early Plaid holdups was supposedly "battery", so its possible they have brand new batteries in an older chassis.

Generally, no, unless they somehow ran down to zero. Long term storage at 30-50% is usually what they target and is fine.

Edit: The cars had to sit on the lot for some reason, and one of the early Plaid holdups was supposedly "battery", so its possible they have brand new batteries in an older chassis.
Not buying that one… Tesla had plenty of batteries as production never stopped, because of battery shortages. These “bastards” could have easily been reinserted in the battery line for the EOQ push.

Anyone know if this Ev bill will include the model S or any income caps?
Have not read it, but there is this. The headline does not seem great.

Anyone know if this Ev bill will include the model S or any income caps?
Yeah here is an overview. Model S and X won't qualify, and of course it penalizes Tesla by allowing them $4,500 less off because of Tesla not having unions:

I honestly don't know if the whole union thing is going to fly, as VW, Toyota, and Honda, (and obviously Tesla) are pissed at this:

Last edited:
Yeah here is an overview. Model S and X won't qualify, and of course it penalizes Tesla by allowing them $4,500 less off because of Tesla not having unions:

I honestly don't know if the whole union thing is going to fly, as VW, Toyota, and Honda, (and obviously Tesla) are pissed at this:

I don't see them ever getting this done imo. At a minimum, I'll be shocked if this gets done before next winter. It's all a charade for next year's elections.

I don't see them ever getting this done imo. At a minimum, I'll be shocked if this gets done before next winter. It's all a charade for next year's elections.
Not to range too far off topic but I think you just pithily described all of American democracy.

And to stay on topic: my car's still not here, my Model 3 has somehow increased in value since June, and I don't understand anything about how the world works anymore.

for those that went with DCU for financing: I've completed setting up my accounts (savings and checking), got my online credentials to login, account #'s, etc. Setting up Direct Deposit now.
If I ultimately want the 1.24% rate, appears I needed both accounts (checking and savings), 65 month term, and direct deposit. Whats the min amount for DD that will get me that 1.24% rate? I've heard "entire paycheck" but there is no way they know what that is. And I dont want the entire paycheck going there. I've heard lesser than "entire paycheck" has worked for many.

Anyone know the min amount?