Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand how they are going to deliver the CT for the price they promised. $70k for trimotor with 500 miles range...they equivalent model S is $150k!! Ill be thrilled if they do (and I have an order in!) I just don't understand how it will be possible in just 9 months
Well, remember that price points are loosely tied to cost and more about what the market will bear--I doubt the Plaid+ costs $30K more than than the Plaid. The Plaid also has tri-motor setup and I think the new cell technology should have lower costs than the current cells. I would also guess the CT is simpler and easier to build with simpler body panels, no paint, simpler interior than the Model S. $70K might be tough (like the $35K Model 3) but it does not seem totally unreasonable.

I also had a Plaid(+) reservation from last year and switched it out to the "normal" Plaid in February since I knew this was going to happen. I figured I'll switch, enjoy the car throughout 2021 and upgrade if the Plaid + seemed worth it later on. As for those asking if an early reservation would not change the now 2022 delivery date, I say don't hold your breath so you aren't let down if it doesn't come earlier for you guys.

Reactions: TNGuy99
It may just be psychological. 2.9 sounds so much faster than 3.1 in my mind. It is like $1.99 sound quite a bit cheaper than something $2.01
Agree. Personally I think there's plenty of potential for the LR to do better than 3.1s if Tesla wants it to. After all, the power figures quoted on the website (670hp for the refresh) match up pretty well to the 2016 P90D, which could do 2.8s 0-60. After all, that car claimed 691hp, and weighed almost 300lbs more, so it stands to reason performance could be similar. It's still nowhere near Plaid territory, but it's no slouch!

Reactions: lzolman
I've had my S order in since Dec 8th. I hope I'm near the front of the line. Still no word yet, has anyone reported VIN matching? Have there been any shipments to sales locations at all?

Nope. I inquire everyday since they told me that they would assign “my car” to someone else if I didn’t apply for financing. Which I did. Now it’s set to expire April 12th. Really frustrating that no one can give us an update on something that was supposed to be delivered this month.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and CO_MY
Nope. I inquire everyday since they told me that they would assign “my car” to someone else if I didn’t apply for financing. Which I did. Now it’s set to expire April 12th. Really frustrating that no one can give us an update on something that was supposed to be delivered this month.

That is crazy that yo have to apply for financing, when you have no clue when you the car will come. What kind of company does that?

That is crazy that yo have to apply for financing, when you have no clue when you the car will come. What kind of company does that?

They kept on sending me this text, even after everything was done. I called to find out what else needed to be done and they told me “financing”. If I didn’t ”apply for financing“, my place in line would be sent to someone else. What got to me was the 72 hour nonsense (which I now know was nonsense). Pulled my credit, and then left me in the dark with no new answers since February 8th.

Attachments

• 37F8B6EF-3FC4-4038-BDF7-0A1511BAC4B5.jpeg
    37F8B6EF-3FC4-4038-BDF7-0A1511BAC4B5.jpeg
    652.4 KB · Views: 69
Agree. Personally I think there's plenty of potential for the LR to do better than 3.1s if Tesla wants it to. After all, the power figures quoted on the website (670hp for the refresh) match up pretty well to the 2016 P90D, which could do 2.8s 0-60. After all, that car claimed 691hp, and weighed almost 300lbs more, so it stands to reason performance could be similar. It's still nowhere near Plaid territory, but it's no slouch!

I think 3.1 is practical enough for me. 2.8 would be a sweet spot but I am good with 3.1secs. If I were to go to the Plaid + it would be strictly for the red calipers, torque vectoring, and longer range.

This is not true. So sad that you were misinformed and will probably have your credit pulled several times before delivery!!

I think 3.1 is practical enough for me. 2.8 would be a sweet spot but I am good with 3.1secs. If I were to go to the Plaid + it would be strictly for the red calipers, torque vectoring, and longer range.
It's actually faster than 3.1. If you look at the site, the 3.1 is without roll-out so maybe 2.8-2.9 with rollout. The plaid model S has the * next to the 0-60 time. The LR doesn't have the *.

It's actually faster than 3.1. If you look at the site, the 3.1 is without roll-out so maybe 2.8-2.9 with rollout. The plaid model S has the * next to the 0-60 time. The LR doesn't have the *.
You know, even as someone who has an LR on order, I didn't notice this. This is kinda shady, they are comparing 2 variants of the same car on their site with an apple to oranges measurement. Very clearly done to show the largest gap between 2 cars. Makes me even more happy with my LR purchase considering its much less of a difference. 2.299 to 3.1 or 1.99 to 2.8.

Reactions: aerodyne and Tigers
What is a "rollout", specifically? How do I perform it with the Model S?

Reactions: Tigers
You know, even as someone who has an LR on order, I didn't notice this. This is kinda shady, they are comparing 2 variants of the same car on their site with an apple to oranges measurement. Very clearly done to show the largest gap between 2 cars. Makes me even more happy with my LR purchase considering its much less of a difference. 2.299 to 3.1 or 1.99 to 2.8.

I'm really in the plaid plus boat because I did not see the refresh or plain plaid coming, and also for a few practical reasons:

Pretending to be an owner of a car I don't need...and can never "Sell" to DW...

Giving me a few years to run down the warranty on my "CPO" and suck up as much free SuC as possible...

Being able to get a LR or CT 2022ish with the argument, "See how much money I saved over the Plaid Plus"

In addition, thanks to TSLA run-up in the fall, took some off the table and now have "Funding Secured" for the LR or CT.