Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to see more pics in the wild, especially of the screen with v. 11 software. This indicates we may be getting closer. HOWEVER, these were still test vehicles. One of Elon's last posts referred to many small details still being worked on. Reasonable to assume that means more than the yoke. Software? Hardware?

Just did a quick chat session on tesla.com and the person I spoke to did confirm the most recent info that May or June is the more likely time frame right now for deliveries to begin. Now how much they know that's a different question altogether.
I wouldn't be shocked if that random chat support person gave you that information from this thread 🤣

A coworker of mine said that the GA (alpharetta) store has a refreshed Model S that they got yesterday. He saw it there when he was picking up his M3 and the sales guys were all giddy. Unfortunately no pictures for confirmation.

Hmm, this seems suspect. Georgia would be one of the last places to get one, we would know if any delivery centers had one because of the thousands of people in California who are much more likely to see one than people on the east coast. Not to be a jerk, your friend is likely mistaken.

Reactions: foos and Drew-MS
Just did a quick chat session on tesla.com and the person I spoke to did confirm the most recent info that May or June is the more likely time frame right now for deliveries to begin. Now how much they know that's a different question altogether.

My confirmed speculation is they are using the website 10-14 weeks quote. Those of us that converted may get earlier?

Hmm, this seems suspect. Georgia would be one of the last places to get one, we would know if any delivery centers had one because of the thousands of people in California who are much more likely to see one than people on the east coast. Not to be a jerk, your friend is likely mistaken.
Considering that we've been seeing them loaded on car carriers for a while, I don't think its impossible. Odd that they wouldn't have assigned VINs yet, though, but I guess that might start happening in large batches at any time.

I think the sales staff/SAs are as clueless as we are. Or they know 50-100% and have some type of Non-disclosure agreement. Whatever the case may be, I'm pretty sure Elon has hired people to read forums like these and should at least send a communication to alleviate our frustration.
He promised a phone call months ago.

Crickets since Joe Rogan interview.

Maybe there is a new Mantra coming.

"The best communication is no communication"

wait so do you all think we would be charged if we’d want to change it into the yoke?!
My purchase agreement says "yoke" so that is what I am expecting, unless the whole thing gets nixed by the NHTSA. At this point, there is no round wheel option and the wheel we have seen is kinda ugly, so thinking everyone gets a yoke.

I'd tend to agree. He said it had the black handles and everything that looked like a refresh. He said the sales guys said it was a refresh. But no idea.

My purchase agreement says "yoke" so that is what I am expecting, unless the whole thing gets nixed by the NHTSA. At this point, there is no round wheel option and the wheel we have seen is kinda ugly, so thinking everyone gets a yoke.

At the very least they would need to cut the price if they are delivering with an old-fashioned steering wheel that blocks the instrumentation panel.

Maybe it was a current Model S , Tempest wheels (or prior arachnids) with chrome delete. Someone could easily mistake for a refresh. Well, the exterior

Last edited:
Just spoke to a Tesla sales rep in Las Vegas (name withheld to protect the innocent), and she told me that no VIN's have been assigned to customers yet. Ergo, there are no customer vehicles. She expects deliveries from late March to early May. Good luck! And, keep checking the website six times a day to see if you have a VIN number.
I believe I was emailed when the VIN for my M3 came in, so why bother refreshing the order page continuously, except perhaps to find out an hour or two sooner?