Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a Taycan 4S a couple of weeks ago. Definitely a nice car (build, interior features, finish, looks, sportiness, etc). My issues were with very limited visibility (hard to see out of the rear view mirror - camera only up during backing), limited trunk space, tight back seat legroom and high cost.

If it was a weekend car and not a daily driver it would be a great option. But since my S is my primary car, I much prefer the smooth ride, extra space and tech (autopilot, rear camera, etc) for the comforts that brings.
can you explain to me the fixation that so many have about having the rear camera on while driving forwards

The reality is, it’s all speculation. For all those people that had an estimated delivery date changed to July, that doesn’t mean anything without a comment from the company. It’s quite possible that those that had a past expected delivery date simply had it changed with a place holder. I bet they start delivering within the next couple of weeks.
This theory makes the most sense. Does anyone have a July delivery date whose previous delivery date hadn't already passed?

My MS LR White/Cream 19" FSD RN1146248xx ordered 3/12 still says delivers 4-11 weeks from order date. So it is still within the estimated delivery date range.

Also, it is very hard to believe that Tesla is motivated to have this entire line shut down any longer than necessary. 4 months is a very long time already.

Reactions: MiamiEvKing
This theory makes the most sense. Does anyone have a July delivery date whose previous delivery date hadn't already passed?

My MS LR White/Cream 19" FSD RN1146248xx ordered 3/12 still says delivers 4-11 weeks from order date. So it is still within the estimated delivery date range.

Also, it is very hard to believe that Tesla is motivated to have this entire line shut down any longer than necessary. 4 months is a very long time already.
Until we have official confirmation production has started, the glass is half empty. .