Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with black/black but I want to change it. The cream interior has really grown on me a lot. Should look great with black ext.

We've got a cream interior on our X - it's great. Recommend. Although I am going with white for our S.

Is anyone else getting anxious that the new Model S is just not coming at all and existing orders will just get canceled and that's that? Or is it just me being dramatic? lol

Lol, no. I am anxious that they're not going to smoke out the LEDs on the tails though. I mean, come on!

Looks like a Plaid

This doesn't have a MFG plate, which would be a first I believe. Could this just be a blacked out current Model S?

This doesn't have a MFG plate, which would be a first I believe. Could this just be a blacked out current Model S?
To me, it looks like a blacked out current model. @1:16 I would expect to see the shiny Tesla T on the trunk lid and @3:08 when he pulls even, the side repeaters look too small and the the fog light cluster looks like the old style.

Reactions: elguapo
We've got a cream interior on our X - it's great. Recommend. Although I am going with white for our S.

Lol, no. I am anxious that they're not going to smoke out the LEDs on the tails though. I mean, come on!

Seemed to have a wider stance from the rear, so appears to be refresh and thought the same thing regarding the plate. Could be an employee or someone on the board that is the owner? Also looked like it was tinted which makes me believe its an owned vehicle.

It’s a 2019 Tesla Model S

Attachments

• 822B33C4-85CD-422E-A5A4-753F98318BA7.jpeg
    822B33C4-85CD-422E-A5A4-753F98318BA7.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 76
The government has standardized range (and MPG) tests for good reason: so consumers can make meaningful comparisons. I once drove my Focus Electric rated at 76 miles for more than 100 miles, but so what? The 76 mile rated range was typically about right, and on winter days driving back and forth to work it was good for about 45 miles. The US EPA tests provide a useful basis for comparison between vehicles. The purpose of "actual tests" or "real world tests" is to enable people to pretend a car has more or less range than it actually does.
The EPA range is wildly inaccurate. Tesla cars almost never meet their EPA range unless you're driving 55mph, which isn't a realistic scenario. The Taycan on the other hand is almost impossible to get less than the EPA range.

I do think there should be a real-world standardized test that doesn't allow any variance up to the manufacture (2-cycle vs 5-cycle and voluntary derating). They should have city/highway range split separately (highway should probably be 65mph) and they should also have testing at at least two temperatures, but probably even three (ex 20F, 70F, 90F).

But that's not what the EPA range does. It's simply not an accurate range measurement in any way.

Last edited:
Two points on the FSD discussion:
1) I think it is overpriced and I'm buying it because I too am a tech nerd. I paid $2K for an early version of Cadillac's Adaptive Cruise Control in 2004 and have had it on every car since then. The idea of my car having capabilities that I can't use gets in my head. But that is just me and it is totally a choice. I think the idea of a subscription makes a lot of sense. It will also give real-time feedback on the price-point. I don't think a lot of people will pay an extra $100/month for the relatively small incremental upgrade. They certainly won't pay it for a future promise when they can just wait.

2) I just can't get the Elon Musk tweet about the Ford CEO Farley mocking Tesla's testing FSD on their customers instead of just in-house. Seriously... the Ford CEO's name is Farley... so Musk tweets a driving clip from Chris Farley in Tommy Boy in reference to the new Ford driving tech:
Chris Farley was in fact Jim Farley‘s first cousin. Elon‘s reaction was in very poor taste.

I have clearly missed a lot since last checking the posts here. To stay true to the chain, ordered 2/5, RN 11446, MSM LR, black interior, 21inch wheels, eta July (no chance is my guess), refreshing my trade in mileage for the 3rd time (no change yet in offer yet, let’s see on the next one). In summary from what I have read - retooled machinery isn’t approved, not clear how long that delays production, a recent flyover shows one (what looks to be very staged) X Plaid, not one S to be seen, a window sticker doesn’t refer to the steering wheel as Yoke and production is slated as 7/21 (can’t find that now but think that’s what I read), Mercedes have launched an EV that looks like a slug and it’s inferior in performance to Tesla at a higher price, a lot of debate about cream interior (whatever works is what I say), some chat about liability on delivery date (as likely as my July delivery)...did I miss anything else. Keep them coming, fun to read while I wait patiently for a car that I think (hope) will be great.

Why do people say FSD holds no value? Perhaps maybe Tesla doesn't acknowledge it on trade-ins, but on private party sales the FSD transfers with the car. So why is there no value in it?
In addition, I don't see FSD subscription pricing being only $100/mo. as some people are speculating. To make it worth it for people to spend $10k, vs. $100 per month, they would have to own the car for 8.3 years to break even. It has been said by every SA that it will be a better deal to buy it up front. Tesla knows the average enthusiast isn't owning the car that long. Maybe trading car in every 5 years is a more realistic number. To break even at 5 years that is $166/mo. So to make it a BETTER deal for purchasing, they would be placing the subscription pricing at around $200/mo. in my opinion.

Last edited: