Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Member "FOOS," did you order a refresh ? Since you disagree (with a thumbs down) pretty much every time you have an opinion, it sort of makes sense to explain why you disagree. Especially since you're pretty much the only one doing it without saying a word. And some of the posts you disagree are super weird. Just says you're either ' a negative person' or you're a Tesla employee.
Don't worry, this is a safe place to speak your mind, Just saying .
I was wondering the same.

Interesting if Tesla was doing some hands-on work with the MB EQS….

Folks forget Tesla and MB have a long-standing relationship. An early MB investment helped keep Tesla afloat during development of the S and many of the interior parts for the S came out of the MB parts bin. Plus, there was the short-lived B Class.

I wonder if the EQS could access the SC network? It can take a 200 kW charge, so would not clog things up.

Folks forget Tesla and MB have a long-standing relationship. An early MB investment helped keep Tesla afloat during development of the S and many of the interior parts for the S came out of the MB parts bin. Plus, there was the short-lived B Class.

I wonder if the EQS could access the SC network? It can take a 200 kW charge, so would not clog things up.
Oh, yeah, they also used the CLS as the original development mule--they used to have it a the Fremont factory and you could see it at the end of the tour.

Member "FOOS," did you order a refresh ? Since you disagree (with a thumbs down) pretty much every time you have an opinion, it sort of makes sense to explain why you disagree. Especially since you're pretty much the only one doing it without saying a word. And some of the posts you disagree are super weird. Just says you're either ' a negative person' or you're a Tesla employee.
Don't worry, this is a safe place to speak your mind, Just saying .
i’m waiting on @foos to dislike that comment

i had assumed musk tweets re: refresh may resume post earnings call, but they have not...

So I stopped in to my local showroom to test drive a Y, this board is getting me more and more jaded about my S order…
Had driven the 3 and decided it was to small (banging my knees on wheel getting in/out) so order the S… but.. the Y seemed larger and easier… I think it comes down to the sear height making for an easier in/out experience…

so… with my S, for current owners… can I set the suspension on its highest setting as part of my getting in/out profile coupled with the larger overall footprint of the S am I going to be happy ???

thinking of putting a Y order in as a backup plan for when the S is finally available to test drive and if I don’t like it…

thoughts ?
What about the X refresh ?

Interesting if Tesla was doing some hands-on work with the MB EQS….

There are a lot of interesting things about it.

It appears to be parked in an employee parking lot. Yet the person who drove it doesn't seem to have a preferred parking space.

Whoever took the pictures went through a lot of trouble to blacken out the license plate number in two pictures. Part of me thinks the license plate says ALABAMA on top, but I think my brain is just finding false patterns, because I could locate no Alabama license plate that looks similar.

It does appear to be loaded with testing equipment of some kind.

It appears someone taped the charging door shut.

Reactions: sflgator
I‘ve had a 2016.5 P90DL with real leather and several 3/Y cars with the vegan leather. I have never experienced the vegan leather in a Model S/X. Is this material different than what is used in the 3/Y?

I certainly hope so. If it is the same as my 3/Y I will be disappointed. While this material holds up well and is very easy to clean, it certainly doesn’t leave one with the impression of a fine leather.
The White seat coverings in the Y are quite nice, very supple, so I'm no longer so averse to the idea of a 100K car having it.

Following along in this thread, I'm glad I bought a MYP to hold me over. I am longing for the touch of luxury I'm used to however. Just on the fence with changing my MSP order to a MSLR. That extra second is quite the premium which there isn't much else changed. I also wonder if they will offer an acceleration boost to the LR.

Reactions: T-Racer and SigNC
There are a lot of interesting things about it.

It appears to be parked in an employee parking lot. Yet the person who drove it doesn't seem to have a preferred parking space.

Whoever took the pictures went through a lot of trouble to blacken out the license plate number in two pictures. Part of me thinks the license plate says ALABAMA on top, but I think my brain is just finding false patterns, because I could locate no Alabama license plate that looks similar.

It does appear to be loaded with testing equipment of some kind.

It appears someone taped the charging door shut.
They obviously don't want anyone to see the super secret Tesla charging port on the car. You read it here first!

If we say it enough times, we'd probably get an Electrek article sourced from here.

Just for the heck of it I called the Tesla store local to me and gave the SA my name & phone number. He said "I've got you right here". I told him I've heard crickets about my MS LR delivery date and he told me straight out "you're not getting that car until July or August." I told him I ordered it in November pre-refresh and confirmed late January to which he immediately said "oh you're getting your car in June, check back in mid-May." All in all, I got the sense that he was given canned responses to mouth to customers. I don't think he even really looked up my order. What a surprise.
If you figure they're getting perhaps even 50 calls a day with people asking about the status of their particular car order (day after day after day) - what would you do? It's sounding more like the SAs haven't been updated and so they're left holding the bag because corporate hasn't given them an answer.

Reactions: gadelrosario
so… with my S, for current owners… can I set the suspension on its highest setting as part of my getting in/out profile coupled with the larger overall footprint of the S am I going to be happy ???
Not directly, but you can set your car to raise suspension to Very High at home and always auto-raise at that location.

I do the same thing because of a tricky curb at the end of my driveway.

Reactions: lurker131
my only experience with Tesla other than this fiasco was renting a model S 4 years ago. It was clearly the best car I’ve ever been in, for my tastes (modern aesthetic, great technology, great to drive). I’ve been in Aston Martin, Porsche, Maserati, and high end Mercedes and bmw. So I really look forward to the refresh. but this experience — and reading the news reports regarding the solar roof buyers — has really soured me on Tesla the company. It does seem that Tesla the car is superior to Tesla the company.
It does - and that is what I find quite infuriating about the Tesla experience.

Let's face it... in the majority of consumer purchases... it is typically the product that has some issues... but if there's great service and support behind it... typically all will be well.

But Tesla is defiantly different with their take-it-or-leave-it mantra. Superior product but often horrendous service experience and iffy reliability.

For such a PR master - or at least how he fashions himself as one... Elon seems to drop the ball all the time.

my only experience with Tesla other than this fiasco was renting a model S 4 years ago. It was clearly the best car I’ve ever been in, for my tastes (modern aesthetic, great technology, great to drive). I’ve been in Aston Martin, Porsche, Maserati, and high end Mercedes and bmw. So I really look forward to the refresh. but this experience — and reading the news reports regarding the solar roof buyers — has really soured me on Tesla the company. It does seem that Tesla the car is superior to Tesla the company.
It does - and that is what I find quite infuriating about the Tesla experience.

Let's face it... in the majority of consumer purchases... it is typically the product that has some issues... but if there's great service and support behind it... typically all will be well.

But Tesla is defiantly different with their take-it-or-leave-it mantra. Superior product but often horrendous service experience and iffy reliability.

For such a PR master - or at least how he fashions himself as one... Elon seems to drop the ball all the time.

So I stopped in to my local showroom to test drive a Y, this board is getting me more and more jaded about my S order…
Had driven the 3 and decided it was to small (banging my knees on wheel getting in/out) so order the S… but.. the Y seemed larger and easier… I think it comes down to the sear height making for an easier in/out experience…

thinking of putting a Y order in as a backup plan for when the S is finally available to test drive and if I don’t like it…

thoughts ?
I’ve toyed with the same thought. The Y is a slick car, my wife likes it better, and it’s substantially cheaper. I’ve stuck with the MS so far because I am worried about having tech envy if I buy the MY and there is some upgrade to the MS that makes the way cooler. It’s childish.

I’ve toyed with the same thought. The Y is a slick car, my wife likes it better, and it’s substantially cheaper. I’ve stuck with the MS so far because I am worried about having tech envy if I buy the MY and there is some upgrade to the MS that makes the way cooler. It’s childish.
100% same situation. Can't settle when the new MS is right around the corner, even if it means waiting. Maybe we can play on the playground together?