Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RE: wood versus CF, my Plaid+ order was converted to Plaid yesterday, and still shows carbon fiber interior with a July delivery.

I asked a sales person at Tesla SF yesterday afternoon whether that was consistent with August showing on the website, and she stated that August was just for new orders and I would still get mine in July (though I'm not in a hurry by any means, since I was expecting a Plaid+ in mid-2022...)

Yeah, It's gonna be cool. Especially to take a more detailed look at the interior.

I was curious about this question too and recently discussed it with Tesla representatives. They said in this case I would have to pay the tax twice: in CA and in any other state that I wanna registered it in.

Click on vehicles and then scroll down to “Not Purchased for Use in California”. The law is pretty clear. I did it for the company I worked for about five years ago and the dealer was confused as hell but after a little research and paperwork they delivered the car and didn’t collect tax. Of course, tax was due in Nevada where the car was registered.

I’d say I’m surprised Tesla would give that response but come to think about it, nah. And the comment that you’d have to pay CA tax AND your home state tax is laughable on its face. For instance, as a CA resident, if you buy a car out of state and register it in CA within 12 months of purchase, CA will collect CA sales tax but give you a credit for the sales tax you paid the other state. So they managed to give an answer that was wrong in every possible way!

Thank God they make wonderful cars. As for anything administrative, ooof. The Yugo of car companies in every other way.

Finally more details 60-130 mph time
Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but those numbers appear to be with extra weight (passengers) in the car 🌝.
Yeah, It's gonna be cool. Especially to take a more detailed look at the interior.

I was curious about this question too and recently discussed it with Tesla representatives. They said in this case I would have to pay the tax twice: in CA and in any other state that I wanna registered it in.
I was told the same thing after I offered to fly to CA to pick up my car.

I just got the call from Fremont. I have Cream with CF on order. She asked me if I would change to wood for quicker delivery. I asked if I could get the ebony wood with the Cream, was told no, it's the Walnut. I asked how long it would push me back to keep CF, she said she didn't know and that they will reach out when my car is available. Bummer, looks like I'll be waiting. Maybe I should switch back to black with the ebony....
Fremont told me this morning 2 more months for my CF/cream interior. I’m waiting, but it sure was tempting to get my car in 2 weeks if I switched to black/wood.

Not looking to debate IF I should get fsd, but I am thinking about cancelling on the order and buying it after delivery to save on license and reg and put it in the cc.

Can anyone confirm it is still $10k after purchase? For awhile it was more after delivery. I can't see them increasing the cost to $14k this quarter without warning, right???

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
Wait …
If I order wood calipers then I can get my car right away? Decisions, decisions
1624065092787.jpeg

Not looking to debate IF I should get fsd, but I am thinking about cancelling on the order and buying it after delivery to save on license and reg and put it in the cc.

Can anyone confirm it is still $10k after purchase? For awhile it was more after delivery. I can't see them increasing the cost to $14k this quarter without warning, right???
It is. Assuming they do not raise the price between order and delivery.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but those numbers appear to be with extra weight (passengers) in the car 🌝.

I was told the same thing after I offered to fly to CA to pick up my car.
If you are seriously interested in factory delivery I’ll research to get the exact code sections and forms needed to fill out. I’ve done it and it’s completely legal. It’s almost unbelievable Tesla doesn’t have this down. Then again…

One caveat though, somewhat unrelated. I did a factory delivery when I got my P85D and was told it’s ready next Tuesday. On Monday, no, it will be ready Thursday. On Wednesday, for sure next week. So besides still having to pay destination charge expect some additional airfare too.