Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just like that, another week passed without a single LR owner testing the acceleration with a Dragy or Racebox.

Beware, a few owners contacted me about testing their LR in the coming day or so only to never reappear again. So maybe once you plug a Dragy to your LR, Elon sends highly trained Neuralinked chimpanzees to abduct you. Please be careful.

That’s interesting. I’m with State Farm too and mine is more than double that. Clean record and same liability limits. $2,000 deductible, multicar discount and I have two homes on my policy. I wonder if agents are able to add a little sumptin’ sumptin’ for themselves. I may have to shop after this puppy arrives.

I would DEFINITELY get some quotes elsewhere. I was one of those guys with State Farm because that’s who my parents had and was with them for 25+ years. Was recommended to an independent agent representing many different insurance companies and literally cut my SF bills in 1/2 with better coverage. I have large home, two Tesla’s, Kubota, boat, wave runner, umbrella policies and my insurance on everything-minus our home and MUCH BETTER INSURANCE is still less than just a quote I got from State Farm that they “offered” to get my business back….just for our cars

Moral of the story…..if you are one of those insurance company for life people…..definitely step out of your box!!!!

And just like that, another week passed without a single LR owner testing the acceleration with a Dragy or Racebox.

Beware, a few owners contacted me about testing their LR in the coming day or so only to never reappear again. So maybe once you plug a Dragy to your LR, Elon sends highly trained Neuralinked chimpanzees to abduct you. Please be careful.
Very presumptuous post, interesting.
If you want these numbers so bad, have you offered to send a LR member your Dragy or Racebox and offered to cover shipping too?

I would DEFINITELY get some quotes elsewhere. I was one of those guys with State Farm because that’s who my parents had and was with them for 25+ years. Was recommended to an independent agent representing many different insurance companies and literally cut my SF bills in 1/2 with better coverage. I have large home, two Tesla’s, Kubota, boat, wave runner, umbrella policies and my insurance on everything-minus our home and MUCH BETTER INSURANCE is still less than just a quote I got from State Farm that they “offered” to get my business back….just for our cars

Moral of the story…..if you are one of those insurance company for life people…..definitely step out of your box!!!!
Could not agree more on the "insurance company for life" people, because I was one of them. MetLife for 24 years till I got my BMW in 2014. Liberty Mutual was running a program for new BMW customers and for the same coverage AND lowering my deductible to $500 from $1000, my premium dropped by half. I am with State Farm now, but only because they lowered my premium even more. Although now I am hearing horror stories from some here about State Farm.

not sure if we even see one in the near future honesly :oops:

Could not agree more on the "insurance company for life" people, because I was one of them. MetLife for 24 years till I got my BMW in 2014. Liberty Mutual was running a program for new BMW customers and for the same coverage AND lowering my deductible to $500 from $1000, my premium dropped by half. I am with State Farm now, but only because they lowered my premium even more. Although now I am hearing horror stories from some here about State Farm.
Name an insurance company and I’ll find you testimonials from hundreds of unhappy customers

Here it is

not sure if we even see one in the near future honesly :oops:
Someone will just their their new MS LR to the track one day and you'll see 1/4 mi results or I would say, just go search on DragTimes.com for some runs in about 2-3 months. We all know what the MS Plaid can do and that's why I don't feel the need to order a Dragy or VBox; I had an old accelerometer (not GPS based) many years ago when I modded my BMW. I used it a dozen times and that was about it.

Reactions: Drew-MS

Maybe we LR (virtual or actual) owners don't actually care how many hundredths of a second higher or lower the Dragy times show?

See here Dragy times for Plaid and LR

So this is the last time my 85D will be in my driveway cause it was sold. My marketing went way too well and had a full ask offer that I had to take. Why would I sell it before my Plaid arrives, well, that's cause Tesla told me back in June that if I converted my + to Plaid I would take delivery in June along with my EDD of June 21-27.
Needless to say since then my EDD has been blank, so now Im without a car.
1st time in my 34 yrs I'm left without a car.
Now I have to drive my wife's boring Model X. (no offense to any MX owners)

/rant
I also sold my 2012 P85 back in May not expecting the impending Tesla hostage situation we are now in.
Thank goodness I have a minivan to drive and cater to my bruised ego and fill me with such joy. /s

Maybe we LR (virtual or actual) owners don't actually care how many hundredths of a second higher or lower the Dragy times show?
Yeah I figured that out. It's ok. Not everyone live its life a 1/4 mile at a time. But I thought it would be done sooner to be honest.

When I added the performance boost to my 3AWD I had the PerfBox hooked up by the end of the day. Different strokes.