Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all due respect, Tesla is the "anti-corporate" organization and while there may be some advantages for customers (and certainly for Tesla as a publicly-traded corporate entity), their corporate structure, policies, & procedures tend to produce results that are the opposite for good customer service. Anybody in business, whether in their own small company or in big corporate, understands why good customer service and communication (inter-company across company departments and personnel AND to its customers directly) are KEYS for true, long-term success. In additon, quality control is another key to success, especially within the auto manufacturing market; while Tesla is more of a "technology" company, it does in deed manufacture EVs. Simply put, quality control is also key for long-term success.

Tesla is NOT structured this way, nor do they understand the value of good customer service and communication in addition to the typical mission of trying hard to always "under-promise while over-delivering." These core values are NOT part of Tesla as a corporate organization and thus, FAILURE could and may very well catch up to Tesla's initial success and "cult" following after the first decade in business, especially as the other, much larger, more more experienced auto manufacturers catch up to Tesla in terms of technology, design, and performance with their own EV products.
I think you may have mistaken my comments as a defense of Tesla opposed to how they were intended - that is, a condemnation of a purposeful practice that values customers for their money only.

So... having already scheduled a half-day off of work and not wanting to give it back due it being such a beautiful day outside, I decided to take the half hour drive down to the Paramus SC, grab two dozen Duck Donuts, and see if I could see my car today, even if I couldn't take delivery of it. They were incredibly grateful for the doughnuts, but they were working out of a tent in the parking lot due to damage to the building (although the cars there looked fine and there was no evidence of flooding). Looks like I might see delivery tomorrow, or the weekend. Didn't get to see my car, because they had moved most of them to a storage lot at higher ground (which I was glad to hear haha). As far as service there though, it might take a while for them to repair.

Looks like a few more days for me....

@MarcG will help with that

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just got confirmation that my car that was delivered with 19” summer tires was delivered with the wrong tires and that Tesla will be replacing them with AS. Super psyched!
I hope i get the same service you do. Picking up in Chicago next week and pretty certain I'm going to be finding the same summer 19s on the car. I wonder how many people in cold climates, won't realize the 19s are summer tires until the winter. I suspect Tesla will only swap to all seasons if requested.

Last edited:
Ditto. That is why they will fulfill recent order for $10k more first, rather than an order placed 9 months ago.

Well cr@p on me. :).

EDD on my Plaid ($12k less than current pricing) just pulled in 6 weeks. Wrong direction for me. I’m holding out for new lights. Yes, I’m fixated on that.

Estimated Delivery: November 02 - November 22​

MSM/21/White/CF/FSD

Well cr@p on me. :).

EDD on my Plaid ($12k less than current pricing) just pulled in 6 weeks. Wrong direction for me. I’m holding out for new lights. Yes, I’m fixated on that.

Estimated Delivery: November 02 - November 22​

MSM/21/White/CF/FSD
And how are you “guaranteed” that Tesla will in fact change the lights for model year 2022? And even if Elon tweets that new front and/or rear lights are coming for the 2022 MS…don’t you think that could change or be delayed? Just posing these questions since I think we all know the answers despite being in denial. With Tesla, nothing is certain. If I were you, I would take delivery of what you have already ordered. But it’s your choice.

Uniden R3 is very good, and more affordable.
I'm ready to order a Uniden radar detector but I'm trying to figure out where I can hardwire and also mount. The refresh 12V source is different than the prior S.
Is there a decent place to mount on the windshield, maybe next to the rearview mirror ? Not really interested in a wire hanging down to the 12V in the center console.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid