Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the NRMA is looking at EV specific plans to get discounts on the chargers (when they start charging)

Also suggestion of a planning app, and other buying services.

I filled out the NRMA survey on this when they were designing the options about a year ago. Few of the ideas they had tempted me.

With a growing number of 350 kW chargers out there, I’ve basically stopped using the NRMA ones, even though they are currently free. Happy to pay for speed. So none of those packages look particularly compelling to me. They might work for others.

Interest would depend on package costs

Agreed.
At first sight you'd think they are suggesting that the EVs packs might be more expensive than the usual packages (given the discounts are worth $s)

But then if you consider that the EV fleet is much newer (at present) and arguably have a lot less that can go wrong - possibly should be a discount.

Will be interesting to see what NRMA does given they historically haven't distinguished in pricing between a 20yo car and a brand new one.

Thanks for raising this, I am remaining a NRMA member for now as other chargers including Tesla are not cheap - I am hoping this will be a more viable option for road trips.
You don't need to be an NRMA member to use their chargers.

As for being more viable for road trips, it depends on how you value your time and convenience. For a road trip I would never rely on a single stall charger, and a free one means that you're more than likely going to find it in use and have to wait for an hour in order to charge - you pay for it in other ways. I'd rather pay Tesla $20 and be on my way.

As well as the reliability of Tritium chargers, we've also got to worry about vandalism - at NRMA Wallsend
bunch-of-savages-in-this-town.jpg

Reactions: Maximillan
If it was theft they would have cut the cables (valuable stuff inside)
They've just smashed the CHAdeMO plug, and ripped off the front and back panels.

The core unit actually looks pretty untouched.
The second side shot shows that the frame is bent away from the road side. So some one has king hit the device with some serious force And the plastic coverings have just broken off in the attack. It could have just been some drunks, but they have caused about $50,000 worth of damage. I hope they catch them and take their diesel Utes away.

Reactions: Wol747
Now if the government would incentivise EVs with generous subsidies and let the fuel prices explode as they predictably will every time a kerfuffle is afoot where that toxic juice is hauled in from, each and every one of those morons would be driving an EV, or a close relative would, and the local community would address these sorts of things all on its own...

The second side shot shows that the frame is bent away from the road side. So some one has king hit the device with some serious force And the plastic coverings have just broken off in the attack. It could have just been some drunks, but they have caused about $50,000 worth of damage. I hope they catch them and take their diesel Utes away.

The thing has been broken for 3+ months anyway. It was totally powered down. NRMA and Tritium were doing f-all to fix it. It's pretty crap, but hopefully now they'll replace it with an RTM 75kwh *fingers crossed*. Or even better, with a charger from another company that doesn't break down so often .. and actually has an SLA to maintain & fix the P'sOS.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot