Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the first few videos I've examined, (watching new MYP) I found the Model Y performance power delivery was different than the Model 3 performance. It appeared that the MYP wasn't as throat punchy off the line as with the M3P. Ok sure we all know that however, with the acceleration boost that's being offered to the LR MY, we are reading that it now feels quicker, puncher off the line. So, here's hoping they upgrade the performance models as well. Beat those 3's now ya hear!!!!

From the first few videos I've examined, (watching new MYP) I found the Model Y performance power delivery was different than the Model 3 performance. It appeared that the MYP wasn't as throat punchy off the line as with the M3P. Ok sure we all know that however, with the acceleration boost that's being offered to the LR MY, we are reading that it now feels quicker, puncher off the line. So, here's hoping they upgrade the performance models as well. Beat those 3's now ya hear!!!!
the Performance MY is quick AF so I'd LOVE a performance upgrade! I'm first in, when offered

I'm late to the party, but thought I'd add my review anyway: in my opinion this upgrade "fixes" the car.

I know it's absurd of me to say the original 4.8 second 0-60 time feels slow, but Tesla tuned the throttle response and acceleration curve to be so gradual that they somehow managed to make a very fast car feel timid, at least off the line. I upgraded from a prius, and didn't originally feel like the model Y felt that much faster. Again, absurd I know, the car is objectively obviously much much faster, but it's tuned to have a very gradual takeoff that doesn't feel as fast as it is.

This upgrade makes the car feel "right". The take off power now feels comparable to the car's overall power, it now pulls quite hard off the line and the throttle response finally feels normal.

in sports mode you can drive slow like chill, but in chill mode you can't drive fast like sport

A little off topic, but that is a reason I wish there were more modes or custom modes. Like for example Chill for 0-45, but then Sport for 45+. Unfortunately at least for me, when it is in Sports mode I can't help myself when I really don't need it. But in Chill mode while it controls my launches and gives me better efficiency I do miss it at higher speeds when I really "need" it (like merging or passing on highway).

I took my Model Y for a long drive this past weekend from NJ to DE to sell someone my Gemini wheels. The car was heavier with the wheels in the back but man was it fun to drive with this performance boost. The acceleration when you need it is just so fun. It was also my first time using Autopilot for a long drive and while that was of course really cool, I found myself wanting to drive myself because of how fun it is. It's also the first time I've seen another Y on the road (I saw 5 different model Ys!). I love driving this car!