Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - When do you believe park assist will be available again?

When do you think park assist software update for Tesla Vision will be rolled out?

• Before end of year

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • January

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Q1 - ´23

Votes: 60 20.1%
  • Q2 - ´23

Votes: 70 23.4%
  • Q3 - ´23

Votes: 46 15.4%
  • Q4 - ´23

Votes: 101 33.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I already scraped my 2023 MY in a tight parking spot so where's the "too late" option? Still pissed that I wasn't informed during purchase that my car would "temporarily" not have parking sensors. $6k for nothing

(I've never had a parking lot incident in over 300k lifetime miles of driving, at least 50 different cars of different sizes)
I greatly sympathize KVVV, Just got my Y yesterday with the same lack of candor from the delivery rep. I am parking like a complete granny now until this basic feature is restored on one of the most technologically sophisticated cars on earth right now! (No disrepect to any Grannies out there who are still safe drivers!)

Reactions: TallTexGuy
Does lack of Park Assist mean Lane Assist and Lane Departure Avoidance (without steering assist) not work, because mine seems not to. All related? My Tesla was delivered mid-January. First service tomorrow, so will see what they say. Anyone else note this -- perhaps I just don't have all the toggles moved to green. But think I do!

Does lack of Park Assist mean Lane Assist and Lane Departure Avoidance (without steering assist) not work, because mine seems not to. All related? My Tesla was delivered mid-January. First service tomorrow, so will see what they say. Anyone else note this -- perhaps I just don't have all the toggles moved to green. But think I do!
LDW and LKA should both work fine even on a vision only car (I also have a 2023 vehicle, and they work on mine). It's just low speed obstacle detection (upon which smart summon and auto parking also depend) that are disabled with some vague promise it will return in the near future.

USS equipped cars also show 'eyebrows' on the AP viz when going at speed but they aren't that noticeable and don't seem to be intended to be primary UI for drivers.

I personally prefer without the USS from driving a 2023 and a 2020. The voting option for me would be that it will happen when it happens. If it doesn't I still am able to go in and out of my tiny one car garage that is only wide enough for one side to get in and out.
Yes you are fortunate, I am not disabled but having had knee replacements its not that easy or comfortable to squeeze out of a partially open door. The reason I paid for the Summons is to be able to pull the car out of a tight garage or parking space (when somebody has parked close to you) to open the door.

Reactions: Despized
I greatly sympathize KVVV, Just got my Y yesterday with the same lack of candor from the delivery rep. I am parking like a complete granny now until this basic feature is restored on one of the most technologically sophisticated cars on earth right now! (No disrepect to any Grannies out there who are still safe drivers!)
I contacted Trading Standards and was advised in the first instance to visit Tesla in person and explain my concerns. I drove to Tesla Park Royal this morning and spoke with the senior supervisor in the sales department.
I explained that my vehicle was not supplied with the specifications I ordered and paid for, also at the point of cancelling the order I was assured that the functions Auto Park, Park Assist Summons and Special Summons would be available in the New Year.

I was informed that USS or their removal has raised many complaints and Tesla are fully aware of customers frustrations.

I also asked why Enhanced Autopilot continues to be sold in full as part of the package in Q1 (2023) without a mention or warning of restrictions, furthermore it appears that Tesla are knowingly mispresenting the selling of goods which could have implications.

My details were taken and I was assured that he would escalate my complaint and get back to me later to day or tomorrow. It was also informed that the restoration of the functions deactivated were to be included as part of Teslas vision, but no date could be given for their return to service.

Reactions: SPF and Eden77
In the meantime all other manufacturers are integrating USS just fine into their cars…

Tesla made a dumb choice to cheapen their product (probably because EM has been watching his wealth go up in smoke over the last few months - Along with his reputation and hopes of getting to Mars, probably).

Tesla is at a crossroads - either get back to the kind of engineering-driven features that made them different, desirable and geek-sexy, or continue to bumble about making short-sighted decisions while their competition leaves them in the dust. IMO the company desperately needs to dump EM as CEO as a start. The guy is just too scattered now and doesn’t have the focus he once did anymore.

I contacted Trading Standards and was advised in the first instance to visit Tesla in person and explain my concerns. I drove to Tesla Park Royal this morning and spoke with the senior supervisor in the sales department.
I explained that my vehicle was not supplied with the specifications I ordered and paid for, also at the point of cancelling the order I was assured that the functions Auto Park, Park Assist Summons and Special Summons would be available in the New Year.

I was informed that USS or their removal has raised many complaints and Tesla are fully aware of customers frustrations.

I also asked why Enhanced Autopilot continues to be sold in full as part of the package in Q1 (2023) without a mention or warning of restrictions, furthermore it appears that Tesla are knowingly mispresenting the selling of goods which could have implications.

My details were taken and I was assured that he would escalate my complaint and get back to me later to day or tomorrow. It was also informed that the restoration of the functions deactivated were to be included as part of Teslas vision, but no date could be given for their return to service.
Have you received any updates?

Have you received any updates?
Received feed back from Citizens Advice that they have referred it to Trading Standards, the more people contact the stronger the argument and stops this type of misleading or deceitful trading of Tesla vehicle. Clearly a decision was made for some reason to remove the USS, when clearly Tesla did not have a working alternative, therefore the Tesla statement "for a short period of time" is and continues to be misleading whilst continuing taking customers money.

The vehicles drive experience is great but unfortunately at the start and end of every journey involves getting in and out and parking, without the availability of, Park, Self Park, Summons and Special Summons, the vehicle does not meet my needs for which it was purchased.

I believe that tesla’s vision is to take as much money from as many people as possible. Seems to be working.
Sadly I share your opinion, that said its only a question of time; by being honest and showing / introducing two of my friends to the Tesla Owners Club views, have decided not to purchase a Tesla and have opted for Polestar and KIA, there goes £100k and more positive advertising for other EV manufacturers.

I wish I knew this community before spending so much money on a brand new car.
The Dutch/Belgian community is mostly fanboys.
What is up with Youtube I ask myself? Its almost all positive towards Tesla like its the most futuristic and coolest car you could ever own.
Sadly... after making the purchase I miss everything I had driving BMW for a long time already.

Based on past performance and reading the morning tea leaves, you may wish to prepare for major irritation.
Indeed, time is passing us by. I still empathise with (what I think) are the engineering motivations behind the change but I am just as annoyed at Tesla’s willingness to sell something that doesn’t exist as everyone else. I hope they get a legal wrist slapping for it.

On the bright side I have been pleased with how much my own judgement for parking manoeuvres has sharpened up again. Seems that the adage ‘if you don’t use it you lose it’ is true.

Reactions: OxBrew
Once the stacks are merged,
The beta goes public,
And first cyber trucks rollout.
Parking assistance will be back but not the way it was before the sensors were disabled.
Some thing’s better some worse
There is a stack of anger, frustration and a merge of adverse publicity with loss of confidence..... could Tesla become the 2023 joke of cars like then Skoda image of the 1980, as it has most of the qualities, That said its now a good quality vehicle.