Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the pricing for the Canadians is any indication, the Model X might actually be cheaper than the US price after taking the exchange rate, shipping and taxes into account. In other words, it seems Tesla Motors is willing to lower their profit margins in concession of the unfavorable exchange rate for Canadians, so maybe they will treat the patient Europeans the same way.
That has been the case with the Model S for a while but it may just be that Tesla, like many car dealers, is using a lagged moving average to set prices in other countries. In Canada there is also a tariff on Teslas as they are deemed to not be NAFTA eligible so Tesla is also eating something like a $6000 tariff (that is due to the value of the batteries making it an imported car as the batteries are Japanese - at least until the GF comes online).

If the pricing for the Canadians is any indication, the Model X might actually be cheaper than the US price after taking the exchange rate, shipping and taxes into account. In other words, it seems Tesla Motors is willing to lower their profit margins in concession of the unfavorable exchange rate for Canadians, so maybe they will treat the patient Europeans the same way.

That is certainly true for the Canadian Signatures, but I don't think that's guaranteed for regular Canadian Production. Recall how the US Signatures were ~8k cheaper than a similarly configured production model? I think the same thing may happen in Canada.

Oh, to hell with it. Pearl white on ultra white 90D, towing, charger, etc. I'm going to love this damn car, but I don't have to be happy about it! :wink:

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 8.25.52 PM.png

good for you Ohmman! Life's too short! Your X will be amazing!

I just got my VIN today (4xx)... Shizz just got real. I knew I was jumping the line a bit by going with a P90D (was high 4800's reservation number), but I didn't think I would get that low. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean much since we have seen deliveries with wide-varying VIN numbers. Nonetheless, It's coming!