Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the update. Here are my screen shots.

Attachments

• 541F1BF1-CC28-4C93-BF2B-8D4E265149A4.jpeg
    541F1BF1-CC28-4C93-BF2B-8D4E265149A4.jpeg
    691.1 KB · Views: 143
  • BCBB8303-B817-4ACD-BFEC-5A246ABE0478.jpeg
    BCBB8303-B817-4ACD-BFEC-5A246ABE0478.jpeg
    680.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 7130C0B1-F846-4A91-AB45-0CBD99C7601B.jpeg
    7130C0B1-F846-4A91-AB45-0CBD99C7601B.jpeg
    538.5 KB · Views: 125
This one was strange; I got notified it was available on both my cars simultaneously. Makes me feel like they pushed it to me. I did notify the SC that the heated wheel was not working after the last update so maybe they pushed 2018.18 to both my cars, not sure. After last time they pushed an update I actually got a service invoice, but I requested that push.

Got the update last night, and drove to work this morning utilizing EAP. I noticed that the system was far more liberal in when it would allow me to engage an automatic lane change. Previously in heavier traffic, the adjacent lane lines would disappear from the binnacle, indicating that the car would not allow you to use the auto lane change feature. This morning, the adjacent lane lines were visible, and the system allowed for auto lane changes in far thicker traffic than I am used to.

Oh yeah, and my heated steering works again too. As far as the stereo, it is hard to tell. I have had my bass turned up and the speakers faded slightly to the rear for some time now in an attempt to compensate for the issues. That seems to have worked for me decently well.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve and DeeC
Got the update last night, and drove to work this morning utilizing EAP. I noticed that the system was far more liberal in when it would allow me to engage an automatic lane change. Previously in heavier traffic, the adjacent lane lines would disappear from the binnacle, indicating that the car would not allow you to use the auto lane change feature. This morning, the adjacent lane lines were visible, and the system allowed for auto lane changes in far thicker traffic than I am used to.

Oh yeah, and my heated steering works again too. As far as the stereo, it is hard to tell. I have had my bass turned up and the speakers faded slightly to the rear for some time now in an attempt to compensate for the issues. That seems to have worked for me decently well.
What did you have before? It's always important, as what you are experiencing may have actually come with 2018.12 or 14 or...

Ok so for those asking about the UMC updates. As far as I understand it, it will only ever give you info on it 2 minutes immediately after a vehicle firmware upgrade, when the UMC is connected and being upgraded. It will only work when your UMC is connected.
(I'm using my UMC almost daily as in Europe that gives me 2.3kW from a standard Schuko socket).
I don't think the cars have info on which precise UMC version you happen to have, it will query that info when the UMC is connected to the vehicle through the data protocol.

Ok so for those asking about the UMC updates. As far as I understand it, it will only ever give you info on it 2 minutes immediately after a vehicle firmware upgrade, when the UMC is connected and being upgraded. It will only work when your UMC is connected.
(I'm using my UMC almost daily as in Europe that gives me 2.3kW from a standard Schuko socket).
I don't think the cars have info on which precise UMC version you happen to have, it will query that info when the UMC is connected to the vehicle through the data protocol.
So that means a LOT of people will never get it queried or updated. Must not be important fixes.... I will probably use my UMC only at the beach for a couple weeks a year. What are the odds of getting a new firmware based on the last couple of months? :D

If I were to guess, I don't think UMC updates are important at all for most people.

There should be no reason to update UMC at all unless you're having trouble. So it makes sense that some people with corner case electrical installations have had trouble, and they want to address those issues at a larger scale than each of these customer showing up at the Service Center to upgrade their UMC.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
...I cannot load the SunSpider 0.9.1 JavaScript test. I get a "This Webpage is Not Available" error message at random intervals during the test, both on LTE and on wifi. Would someone with 2018.16 on MCU1 try bit.ly/2pi7JML on their car browser and let us know the results?
Still crashes in 2018.18, for me always on string-tagcloud, one of the last parts of the test. I will submit a formal bug report.