Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK maybe you would, but not me. I'd want a lot more than they are getting. I hope they are getting life insurance with that. I don't even want the V9 when it comes out. I'll let everyone else work out the bugs. I plan to ignore the update.
Sure, and I respect your position, but compared to the driving I've done in the past (including on closed circuits), holding onto the steering wheel and my foot hovering over the pedals is hardly what I would consider dangerous, but to each their own.

Hate to tell you, but the pilot does have final authority and responsibility on the flight, even when autopilot is enabled. It's exactly the same as the Tesla. You cannot set it and take a nap. If the plane fails to flare, the pilot should be ready, hand standing by, ready to grab the control column.

Try telling the NTSB and FAA that the automation failed and that's why the plane crashed...

Hate to tell you, but as someone that has certified autopilot systems with the FAA, that absolutely isn't true.
The system must perform its intended function. A failure of that intended function shall not put the aircraft at risk. If you want to use the pilot as backup for your system, you must give reasonable time for the pilot to take over, usually 3-10 seconds. You cannot certify a system that requires the pilot to react in less than a second to keep the aircraft safe.

I didn't think there was more than one position on the stalk. Just a single pull down for TACC and a double pull down for AP. I will try it next time to see if a light pull down will set my speed below the speed limit.

It doesn’t quite work that way: TACC/AS at speed limit + offset is pulling towards you once/twice. But if you pull it down towards the floor(same as direction for decreasing TACC/AS speed when they’re on), it turns on TACC at your current speed. Pull towards you after that and you get AS at current speed.

Awesome, thanks.

What do these dark grey lines represent? Cars approaching in non-adjacent lanes?
View attachment 338992
It shows planned route (gray) vs when it's driving right now (blue)

I noticed the car going 77 in a 65 zone; so is the car setting any +10 mph ceiling at all? or in certain areas?
It's + 12 miles to speed limit you set in AP config

This! @dennis_d could you help clarify?

Yeah lane changed is restricted to the freeway
Will this work on AP1 car?

I don't think so it requires way to many cameras

Great video and music. Thank you.
Would be interested to see if when you are in the fast lane and someone comes up behind you if it changes lanes to the right. Perhaps you could team up with another driver to test that.
Also, would like to see how it handles changing lanes in slow densely packed traffic. For example, does it change speed to try to match into a small gap. That might be a bit scary to try though.

Car drives itself. Mad Max mode enabled. Turn confirmation is disabled. The car basically drives itself, whenever you see a blue line in the middle it's driven by autopilot.

At 1;50 it looks like the car is in the process of changing lanes to the left, sees a rapidly approaching car in that lane, and slides back into the middle of the current lane, let’s the rapid car pass, and then changes lanes behind it. Was that what happened, or did the car miss a guy in the adjacent lane next to it before catching itself? If it’s the former, then that’s impressive and I would be interested in knowing what the speed differential was.