TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software update 2018.6.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sumitkgarg, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ChrML

ChrML Member

Great. First people here like "shiiit this new autopilot is sooo awzm!!!", and atleast a month until you test it yourself.

• Funny x 1
  2. Richgoogol

Richgoogol Member

I am currently on this update, and it's been a month already. But for the past two days I've noticed that the car keeps on making a chime when driving. At first I had no idea what it was until earlier this morning I've notice that it's actually the locking and unlock sound. So during driving, the cars keeps on locking and then unlocking itself for some reason. Has anyone else encountered the same issue?

• Funny x 1
  3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I know right? The first time I got on the early release train was 2018.2 all the way to 2018.6.1 and it was the most un-thrilling ride ever. And that probably burned my chances of getting on that new fancy autopilot release before everyone else has it.

• Like x 1
  4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If you're serious... Have you looked at the lock symbol in the MCU? Is the car actually locking? Or just making noises? :D

Or are you sitting (somehow weirdly bouncing) on the fob...

If it's really locking and unlocking, sounds like a bad body control module or something, and perhaps reboot to see if that has any postive effect.

5. Richgoogol

Richgoogol Member

Yes. I did look at the lock symbol and it was locking and unlocking. I always have the fob in the same pocket and it has never caused an issue before. But I’ll try to do a reboot to see if that fixes things. Thanks for the help.

6. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

I think my very first update, supposedly adding autosteer and TACC back on December 31, 2016 burned my chances for all future releases. And my prize for that chance was to have all forms of cruise control entirely locked out for the following 6 weeks.

• Funny x 1
  7. Skipdd

Skipdd Member

Could be. I'm going to wait till I see reports of the new release and a tapering off of any problems. I treat Tesla software rollouts like I do new software for my other computers - wait for broader market adoption and at least the 1st major bug fix.

8. Pentium2004

Pentium2004 Member

Do you think it's possible that 2018.6.1 has things that have to be installed prior to whatever these new features are that they keep talking about? Why else would they keep pushing an update with so many issues?

9. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

It's definitely possible that some of these have 'bases' for future installs. And as I posted elsewhere, if we really got 'release notes', they might be 20 pages long. What we get are 'comments' with what we are worthy of knowing. :D

And, since I rebooted after the charging issue, I've not had any problems. Charges to 80, as specified, and stops. I think it should be a part of the process. After a software load, reboot again. Might want to wait an hour, just for the heck of it, but that took care of my issues.

• Informative x 1
  10. conman

conman Member

The theory is the rumoured shadow mode is enabled in this one so it's recording data at last to start working on feature X, whatever that may be. Maybe running shadow mode is interfering with everything else? Maybe if it runs realtime priority capturing data it's playing havoc with other system processes or applications.

• Informative x 1
  11. Pentium2004

Pentium2004 Member

My main screen is black every morning and requires a reboot. Hopefully a fix is sent soon so I don't wear those scroll buttons out lol.

12. croman

croman Active Member

Bigger issue is the ECC memory wearing out.

I think my daughter's daily drawings during lunch keep my MCU young and mentally agile. :D

• Funny x 2
  13. ccdisce

ccdisce Member

Updated today at 8:21am from 2018.2 to 2018.6.1

14. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Finally received 2018.6.1 from my 2017,5x version. (2017 S100D every option including pre-paid FSD) I'll stop complaining about being left behind now. :D:):confused:

• Like x 4
  15. CK_Stuggi

CK_Stuggi Member

Just again to clear up misconceptions about "shadow mode" this excellent post shedding some light on how it seems to work.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. Radon

Radon Member

I started the update for the 3. time yesterday but got the same message as before "Update did not complete successfully. Pleas wait…." when I checked it after a few hours later. But today when I checked the tesla app it says Version: 2018.6.1 !?

Is it possible that the app says 6.1 without it being a fully/successful install of the 2018.6.1 update?

Is there a way to verify that the install was successful (AP, CID etc) without calling Tesla?

I have a X75D ap2.5. previously on 2017.50.3

17. kebel21

kebel21 Member

Received 2018.6.1 yesterday from 2017.50.x. Any thoughts on why remote climate control will now heat the steering wheel if previously on, but not the seats? Seems like this was missed and should have been included.

• Like x 1
  18. d21mike

d21mike Member

I had this happen to me twice around release 2017.40 and .42. I was pretty sure I was on the New Release even with the error. The next update I ask SC to do it for me and they said they got no error. Have not had the problem again. You could check the Release Notes and see if you can see the features mention in your Control or Settings. But not sure if something could still be wrong. My guess if you are installed now on 2018.6.1

19. rnortman

rnortman Member

I think there are some legitimate issues with heating a seat that nobody is sitting in. The seats only really heat properly with weight on them, which compresses the layers and brings the heating elements closer to the surface, otherwise the heat mostly stays inside the seat without warming the surface. I remember reading something about this somewhere... maybe an Elon tweet?

• Like x 1
  20. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I'm not convinced there are "so many issues". I personally saw some issues similar to those being mentioned last week before I was updated. So these complaints are not unique to this software version.

No doubt there are issues, and they are valid complaints/concerns. But it isn't like it is locking up cars in mass. The complaints here would be much more if that was the case.