Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure it's actually happening. AP1 parity. 2018.5 is the release. We just can't get it.

I don't doubt that it's actually happening. Last time I tried to call BS on an Electrek software update rumor, I ended up looking like an idiot 2 days later.

I just mean, all optimism aside, I'm not convinced that 2018.8 is necessarily going to be the public release of that. Maybe it's 2018.8, maybe it's 2018.10.... Of course I hope it's sooner.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I noticed this too!
Before this, i thought it would just crash to the stopped car ahead. Just now I was driving home and it saw the stopped car (traffic light) around 7 car lengths away and started slowing down less abruptly
Edit: just noticed I’m the 4th or 5th person on this thread with the same observation.

This is great news. I’ve had the same issue, sometimes I’d stomp on the brakes because it kept accelerating with stopped traffic.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
I don't doubt that it's actually happening. Last time I tried to call BS on an Electrek software update rumor, I ended up looking like an idiot 2 days later.

I just mean, all optimism aside, I'm not convinced that 2018.8 is necessarily going to be the public release of that. Maybe it's 2018.8, maybe it's 2018.10.... Of course I hope it's sooner.

So maybe if you proclaim that Electrek is full of it now, we'll get the update sooner? :D

Bruce
("please don't break AP1")

Of course, we still all need to get something.. (still nothing here, and two people so far on ev-fw today!).
18 on TeslaFI. I am on 2018.2 and it was shortly after my SC checked my car for some issue. Not sure 2018.6.1 is worth the update (but I would take it). Really want the "big" update which is expected. Maybe save my SC begging for that one.

http://firmware.teslafi.com

Sooooo….
I can second this. I thought it was my imagination initially but then I was testing it (without passengers :) ). I still generally click -5mph down to 40 or 35 but before I was doing that down to 25. Going into corners where traffic is stopped around it I still do not trust. My eye(s) can see the traffic but AP doesn't seem to know that car is in my lane when I get around that corner.

It does seem to be smoother at stopping but far from perfect. For me, it starts slowing down at a decent distance but most of the times, when the car "blinks" on the screen, TACC lets up on the brake or sometimes even accelerates for a second or two, and then resumes braking with a lot more force.

At 45mph this morning I had to take over and it required ABS level braking force to stop in time. This is just approaching an ordinary Ford Fusion at a stoplight, and that poor guy probably thinks I'm a moron.

Long story short, it's improved slightly but not dramatically. Please be careful testing this out on the road.

Any theory on why AP 2.5 cars are not being updated in the same proportion as the others? Teslafi reports almost 40% of AP 2.0 cars on this version, 37% of AP 1, and 35% of pre-AP cars while the percentage of AP 2.5 on this version is under 20%

The Model X makes up a higher percentage of 2.5 vehicles than it does of other versions. Speculation: Update Not going out to as many X's or being rejected by more X's. (I know someone with a FWD error which apparently caused his update to fail.)

Seems the 2016.6.1 roll-out has slowed down a little? Still only about 35% of AP2.0 and 18% of AP2.5. Maybe they are trying to fix the reset issue some people were having?

This seems kind of similar to the 2017.40 ish rollout. Tesla seems to like to deploy in waves of ~20-30% of the population at a time. I was on the tail end of that rollout and it was super agonizing.

Reactions: croman
Anyone had a problem with the screens crashing on 6.1?

We updated Friday evening.

Sunday I had left the car outside. Around 8pm I decided to pull it into the garage. Tried to summon as always, but summon wasn't working as expected. Headlights would never come on after holding the keyfob top.

So, I got in. smaller screen said 'powering up. press brake when this goes away'. Large screen was blank. After a few minutes it didn't do anything, so I hit the brakes and it went ahead and let me pull the car into the garage.

This morning, I get a call from my wife.. She had pulled out of the garage and got out for some reason.. Got back in.. same thing.. small screen on. Big screen off. Said 'powering up' Wipers were going every 3 seconds or so. (no rain, but we have them set to the autowipe).

She had to reboot the car by holding in both scroll wheels.

Anyone else seen this on 6.1? We hadn't had this problem before this version.

Yes, both of our Tesla's (MS and MX) with same issue, took the X to the SC and they said the update didn't fully install and they re install it... I asked them to check my MS and they said that one did successfully install and they had no idea as to why was doing it.

I think it's weird that Tesla doesn't allow the users to choose. Could choose Update Mode between Fast and Slow, with slow being default setting.

It could be clearly stated that Fast mode needs a strong Wifi signal to work.

Would solve the following:
a) General non-nerd population would get an update about once a month (.4, .8, .12 etc...).
b) General population could be delayed 2 weeks from fast adopters for less stability risks.
c) Early adopters (fast mode) get the update as soon as Wifi is enabled and the update is released for that hardware setup. About once every two weeks or more often.
d) Early adopters like updates / don't mind updating often. Often more tolerant for issues.
e) Cars on Wifi could upload update to other cars on Wifi to save central bandwidth.
f) More people would bother installing Wifi in the garage to use the Fast mode. Saves LTE costs.