Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, if they're waiting on Borealis getting his cast removed so he can officiate at the opening, the vet says that he expects to do so on Monday.

I knew that was the news you all, and Tesla, have been awaiting.....

Guys... I've been checking the Buckeye permit portal. A number of inspections are still outstanding and the permit is not yet closed. There is more that needs to happen before they can "flip the switch", so to speak. Last inspection noted was on 2/5.

I kinda wonder if the city of Buckeye has electrical inspectors with the sophistication necessary to inspect a Supercharger.

<minor hijack>
Hey AmpedRealtor or anyone else in the West Valley: is anyone aware of a Tesla owner in Sun City West? The Solar City crew doing our PV install here said they've installed an HPWC there.....for another Alaskan refugee! I'd like to meet up with him. This thread is the geographically closest for learning of same....
</hijack>

Hey AmpedRealtor or anyone else in the West Valley: is anyone aware of a Tesla owner in Sun City West? The Solar City crew doing our PV install here said they've installed an HPWC there.....for another Alaskan refugee! I'd like to meet up with him. This thread is the geographically closest for learning of same....

If you search Tesla on Craigslist, someone from Sun city is selling a 2011 Roadster. I'd say your odds are good that's your man.

Edit: Ad was removed. Too bad.

<minor hijack>
</hijack>

I recently saw a very sexy black one at the Sprout's in Goodyear on Dysart. It was limo tinted and had a really nice, black license plate frame with glass. I don't know if that's your person, but I'm certainly seeing more of them on our side of town! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Details? What specific inspections are left to complete?

Type AmountStatusDate
10Erosion ControlAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
20SetbackApprovedCompleted on 01/27/2014Details
30Caisson FootingsApprovedCompleted on 01/27/2014Details
40Steel ColumnsAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
50Railings & StairsAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
60Underground ConduitPartial ApprovalCompleted on 01/16/2014Details
61Underground ConduitApprovedCompleted on 01/27/2014Details
70Structural FramingPartial ApprovalCompleted on 02/04/2014Details
71Structural FramingApprovedCompleted on 02/05/2014Details
80WeldingAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
90Metal Roof SheathAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
140Electrical RoughAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
145Elec FinalProgress InspectionCompleted on 02/04/2014Details
146Elec FinalApprovedCompleted on 02/05/2014Details
150PaintAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
165Job CompletedAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection
170Occupancy IssuedAwaiting InspectionRequest Inspection

If I'm reading the above chart correctly, the "Final Electric" inspection was completed on 2-5-14 and there is a request for a completion of all other inspections tomorrow (2-26-14). Hopefully it happens. It seems pretty odd that the Supercharger's final electrical inspection was completed more than two weeks ago, but the flip of the switch is being held up my items like "Paint", "Railings & Stairs," and "Erosion Control" inspection. Really hope that Tesla has nicely painted the superchargers and their our stairs are proper. Good grief!

If I'm reading the above chart correctly, the "Final Electric" inspection was completed on 2-5-14 and there is a request for a completion of all other inspections tomorrow (2-26-14). Hopefully it happens. It seems pretty odd that the Supercharger's final electrical inspection was completed more than two weeks ago, but the flip of the switch is being held up my items like "Paint", "Railings & Stairs," and "Erosion Control" inspection. Really hope that Tesla has nicely painted the superchargers and their our stairs are proper. Good grief!
I'm assuming you got the 2-26-2014 date by clicking the link... If so, that date was just a drop down that let you pick a date, defaulting to tomorrow. It now initially says 2-27-2014...

Also, if you click on the completed electrical inspection it brings up a PDF file that says no inspection took place. So it seems there is some sort of hang up at this site that is preventing inspections from moving forward in a timely manner.
Is there a real person we can start pestering about this. Seems silly to have all that investment in SC equipment, ready to go, just sitting there. Does Buckeye have a mayor?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you click on the completed electrical inspection it brings up a PDF file that says no inspection took place. So it seems there is some sort of hang up at this site that is preventing inspections from moving forward in a timely manner.

Answered my own question. The Mayor is Jackie Meck ([email protected]) and I've sent him an email. Might follow it up with a call.

First time visitor here. 2 days ago knew NOTHING about Tesla except it was electric and fast and now I can't read enough about it. This is truly addictive. Had to get GAS in the wife's SUV and went to Buckeye to check on progress. The only thing parked there is an old Saturn :) I will just have to see one in person. If the pictures look this good, can't imagine the real thing.

Attachments

• 20140226_124148.jpg
    20140226_124148.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 284
First time visitor here. 2 days ago knew NOTHING about Tesla except it was electric and fast and now I can't read enough about it. This is truly addictive. Had to get GAS in the wife's SUV and went to Buckeye to check on progress. The only thing parked there is an old Saturn :) I will just have to see one in person. If the pictures look this good, can't imagine the real thing.

Welcome to the club!

Just received a response from the Mayor of Buckeye:
"Hi Bill,
Thank you for contacting Mayor Meck and the City of Buckeye. Per your request, I wanted to give you a quick update regarding the Buckeye facility. The City has been working with Tesla since last fall to place a Supercharger station here. As you are aware, construction began late Dec. and has essentially been complete for a few weeks. The issue with activating this facility is not the fault of Tesla, the City, or APS. The issue here is that APS is waiting on an easement from the property owner before the facility can be activated. We, along with Tesla, APS, and tenants at the Sundance Towne Center have been communicating our strong encouragement to the shopping center owner (Vestar) to expedite the easement so the facility can be activated. We are all in agreement that this facility is an important asset to you as a tesla owner as well as the City as a whole. I hope that this issue will be resolved very soon, but wanted to communicate with you that the Mayor and City staff are doing everything we can to “go live” on our supercharger station and host a ribbon cutting ceremony very soon.

I hope this helped clarify the issue for you. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Len

Len Becker
Economic Development Director
City of Buckeye"
++++++++++++
"Hi Bill,
As I literally hit send on the prior e-mail, I did just confirm verbally with the property owner that the easement should be in hand within 5-7 business days and there are no issues at all. So I expect the Supercharger should be operational within the next week to week and a half.

Again, thank you for your e-mail.

Best Regards,
Len"

Time to start planning a party!

"Hi Bill,
As I literally hit send on the prior e-mail, I did just confirm verbally with the property owner that the easement should be in hand within 5-7 business days and there are no issues at all. So I expect the Supercharger should be operational within the next week to week and a half.

Best Regards,
Len"

Wow! Another Supercharger held up by an easement for the HV feed. At least this one has an expected completion date...as opposed to San Juan Capistrano... I hope to use Buckeye towards the end of March! :smile:

++++++++++++
"Hi Bill,

Best Regards,
Len"

Just quoting this portion as the update is easy to miss! Great news...

To be complete, here is the email I sent to the good Mayor:
"Mayor Meck,
Tesla Motors has committed significant resources to install charging facilities in Buckeye. Those facilities have been installed and have been sitting idle for several weeks waiting for final inspections. Because Tesla is a high profile company with very active owners, Buckeye is getting a bad rap for this delay. Might you look into it? The many Tesla owners in southern Arizona are anxiously awaiting an opportunity to celebrate it's opening with appropriate press and PR.

Thanks.

...Bill"

To be complete, here is the email I sent to the good Mayor:
"Mayor Meck,
Tesla Motors has committed significant resources to install charging facilities in Buckeye. Those facilities have been installed and have been sitting idle for several weeks waiting for final inspections. Because Tesla is a high profile company with very active owners, Buckeye is getting a bad rap for this delay. Might you look into it? The many Tesla owners in southern Arizona are anxiously awaiting an opportunity to celebrate it's opening with appropriate press and PR.
Thanks.
...Bill"
A good letter and a good response. Well done.