Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1394078534928.jpg

I just received an email from Jackie Meck, the Mayor of Buckeye. He wants my car present during the ribbon cutting and also indicated that he would like several other Model S vehicles to be present. Carol Conley, Assistant to Town Council, will be notifying me as soon as they have a date for the ribbon cutting. The City of Buckeye welcomes all Model S owners to the ribbon cutting, I'm hoping we can make for a good show of support! :)

I also found out today, from a newspaper columnist, that Buckeye is on the short list of Arizona locations for the gigafactory. A multi car turnout would be a great show of solidarity for Tesla. What do you all think?
I've got my fingers crossed that the ribbon-cutting gets scheduled for next Wednesday. My grandson flies in to PHX for a visit on Wednesday and it would be great to pick him up and come over to the ceremony. I know the offices of the City of Buckeye are most interested in my family obligations so sent them an email suggesting same. Ought to be coming any minute now I would think.

Early Wednesday afternoon would be perfect for me as I have similar grandchild duties at the Mesa airport. That'd be at least two Tucson Model S represented :)

Lyle

I'm planning on leaving Desert Hot Springs next Friday for the Phoenix area. I'd love it if the ribbon cutting were later on Friday afternoon, as I'll have to stop in Quartzsite for a charge on the way. I have to head into Palms Springs first.

In any case I'll probably need a charge before leaving Phoenix on Sunday to come back to Desert Hot Springs.

RA, be sure to post as soon as you find out when it's officially open, or at least operational.

The meter was installed today and the utility electrical service is live to the transformer as of today, 3/12/14. Don't ask me how I know. :smile:

This should be the last step needed besides turning on the SC cabinets. The ball is now is Tesla's court.

Anyways, someone should mosey over and see if it is working yet.

Last edited:
That's great to hear. Besides the ribbon-cutting ceremony, my wife and son have a road trip planned from Phoenix to Palm Springs in a week so this Supercharger might just be available/activated.
Thank you all who update and physically check the site. It is much appreciated.

The meter was installed today and the utility electrical service is live to the transformer as of today, 3/12/14. Don't ask me how I know. :smile:

This should be the last step needed besides turning on the SC cabinets. The ball is now is Tesla's court.

Anyways, someone should mosey over and see if it is working yet.

I'll definitely stop by on Friday, but anyone who finds out sooner, please post.

I'll swing by today and check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Update received from the city this morning:

Good Morning Sonny,

At this point the City doesn’t have a projected time for the ribbon cutting. I contacted Tesla yesterday via Facebook and just asked if they were up and running and they answered back “Not yet, but will be soon!”. This is the only information that I have received in regards to Tesla Motors.

I will keep you posted as soon as we hear something. Many Tesla owners are anxiously awaiting this! :)

Christine​

I find it amusing that the city communicates with Tesla via Facebook.

I'll swing by today and check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Update received from the city this morning:

Good Morning Sonny,

At this point the City doesn’t have a projected time for the ribbon cutting. I contacted Tesla yesterday via Facebook and just asked if they were up and running and they answered back “Not yet, but will be soon!”. This is the only information that I have received in regards to Tesla Motors.

I will keep you posted as soon as we hear something. Many Tesla owners are anxiously awaiting this! :)

Christine​

I find it amusing that the city communicates with Tesla via Facebook.
Uh, maybe we should offer to flip the switch? Hate to think we'd have wait on some TM person to fly down from Norcal to do same. Going to PHX mid-day tomorrow for a drop-off so have my fingers crossed it's mid-day tomorrow.:smile:

Uh, maybe we should offer to flip the switch? Hate to think we'd have wait on some TM person to fly down from Norcal to do same. Going to PHX mid-day tomorrow for a drop-off so have my fingers crossed it's mid-day tomorrow.:smile:

When Vegas went live it was the SpC contractor foreman literally flipping the switch, then sending a text to Tesla telling the SpC guy that it had been done. Hopefully you're up and going soon.

When Vegas went live it was the SpC contractor foreman literally flipping the switch, then sending a text to Tesla telling the SpC guy that it had been done. Hopefully you're up and going soon.

Seems backwards. I met a Tesla Supercharger field engineer at Quartzsite when it was almost completed that had control of when the station came online. The electric contractors had just finished and the engineers had driven down from Vegas to test the station. It took another week or so for it to come online.

Seems backwards. I met a Tesla Supercharger field engineer at Quartzsite when it was almost completed that had control of when the station came online. The electric contractors had just finished and the engineers had driven down from Vegas to test the station. It took another week or so for it to come online.

In the case of Las Vegas the Tesla person was out testing the site on a Tuesday before it was actually turned on for good the next day. It was tested and operational on a Tuesday, but after they tested it they turned it off. The next afternoon the Tesla guy was gone, the contractor was still there finishing up some things, putting the panels on the SpC units and throwing the switch at the main breaker. He then texted the Tesla guy who had been there the day before and it was officially open.

In Cheyenne, Tesla tested the installation with a portable, truck-mounted generator before the local utility had even made the connection to the mains; once that had been done, the meter installed and the final inspections completed, the contractor threw the switch to take the station live.

I've started to wonder if all of the nice people at Tesla have left the country and are busy in Germany, Norway, Australia, Hong Kong, and Mainland China. There is simply no one left to flip the switch for Buckeye . . . or Gila Bend . . . or El Centro . . . Maybe we'll get a postcard about their travels . . .

I've started to wonder if all of the nice people at Tesla have left the country and are busy in Germany, Norway, Australia, Hong Kong, and Mainland China. There is simply no one left to flip the switch for Buckeye . . . or Gila Bend . . . or El Centro . . . Maybe we'll get a postcard about their travels . . .
I just emailed Len Becker, Economic Development Director of the City of Buckeye asking for a status. He told me on Feb 26th that everything was handled and that they expected to have it operational in 5-7 business days.

Just got this reply from Becker:
"Bill,
Just got word it is expected to go live this week. I'll verify and let you know ASAP.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone"
++++++

Also think I'll send off a tickler to [email protected].

These folks have got to realize they're screwing with a retired guy with nothing but time to harass them!

Well, we got Borealis to walk as many as 170 steps in a row yesterday - he started using 4 paws again only three days ago - so, MAYBE, he and Aurora can officiate at their second AZ SpC opening. We do have house guests this week, but...