Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warrnambool (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This feels a bit undercooked for that particular place.

It's interesting that Tesla seems to choose towns to place superchargers in rather than on major routes (e.g. why not have it on the GOR somewhere?).
I doubt anywhere on the GOR could handle the required power. 750kw/h peak is a huge load for towns with a few thousand population max. Warnambool and Colac are the perfect locations for touring the GOR anyway

This feels a bit undercooked for that particular place.

It's interesting that Tesla seems to choose towns to place superchargers in rather than on major routes (e.g. why not have it on the GOR somewhere?).
They had the GOR listed as a location for several years (I think as early as 2017?) with a dot which shifted a bit over time, it was near Lorne/Torquay. So they were trying for a while! Chargefox has their ultra-rapid charger at the RACV Resort in Torquay, but I'm guessing that due to RACV being a Chargefox shareholder there was some arrangement to connect the site behind-the-meter to share the sites existing large connection.

3x V3 is pretty standard for smaller sites in Australia. It's one cabinet with approx 350 kW grid capacity. A lot of these routes are lightly travelled and wouldn't see more than 1 or 2 vehicles at once most of the time. 3 stalls is just enough that "what if it's busy when I get there!" isn't an issue.

They never used to do V2s with any fewer than four stalls, two cabinets at 150 kW each, so total grid demand is only a little bit higher (and of course the cars, where capable, can charge at up to 250 kW instead of 150 kW)

Reactions: moa999
Site has been spotted by a Whirlpool user. (Location consistent with the May rumour)
Looks like 3 V3

On Gateway Rd, outside Dan Murphys, walkable to Woolworths and other food outlets.
Seems a little too close to the DM entrance for my liking so might get ICEd.

Fantastic news. Be aware that 24/7 Conveniences at BP/MacDonalds 1.3km distant, Melbourne side.

Horsham is just two isn't it? Which is weird 'cause you have to hit it between Mel and Adel (I think. At least I certainly do in mt lowly Standard Range 3)
While a V2 and in place for almost four years, Horsham is technically a temporary/sled site - the two stalls sit on a pallet.

Was supposedly awaiting development of the site next door to include a permanent spot.

While a V2 and in place for almost four years, Horsham is technically a temporary/sled site - the two stalls sit on a pallet.

Was supposedly awaiting development of the site next door to include a permanent spot.
I really hate when these 2 stall sleds get decommisioned that they can't be deployed somewhere. I mean these things should be cheap as chips to drop around the place.

Reactions: Hairyman
I really hate when these 2 stall sleds get decommissioned that they can't be deployed somewhere. I mean these things should be cheap as chips to drop around the place.
They usually do get deployed somewhere else. Euroa, Coffs Harbour, Bathurst, currently Horsham, and the original Warrnambool site (just to keep this on topic!) have all had sleds in place at one point or another. I think there might have been some at the Hornsdale battery opening event too. I'm not sure how many Tesla Australia have in total though.

There is now a supercharger in warrnambool it’s out next to Dan Murrays

Attachments

• 8866DF91-353C-484A-AD2B-451A9DA07FD0.jpeg
    8866DF91-353C-484A-AD2B-451A9DA07FD0.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 008DA748-92E6-4022-846D-C166B8721DE7.jpeg
    008DA748-92E6-4022-846D-C166B8721DE7.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 51
  • D6921B49-E1D0-489C-B003-9BDF369C1BD9.jpeg
    D6921B49-E1D0-489C-B003-9BDF369C1BD9.jpeg
    699.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 2882DB3D-E01C-4B03-AAAC-3CB9CBBECD96.jpeg