Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wendouree (Ballarat) VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed live

IMG_20170124_100249.jpg
IMG_20170124_100326.jpg

Must have just missed it!

Nope - supercharger was live but Sparky was semi broken. Had the same issue when we tried the RichmondSC but replugged the cable & it worked so never thought anything more of it.

Currently stranded @ Euroa as Sparky won't DC charge at all now.

Waiting for tow truck to take Sparky back to Melbourne & drop off a replacement loaner. Then detour back to Melbourne to swap over & back to Adelaide before Saturday as fly out to Japan

• Informative
Reactions: bradjc
AC won't cut it to get us back in time...you know the saying. ..once u've had DC SC u never go back to AC...

ETA 40 mins for replacement & can get back on the road! Only 4 hours behind so not the end of the world.

I tried to find some threads about SC fail but came up empty. Any ideas whats broken?

I think its something to with the fact that all types of charging current DC & AC go thru the same pins so some sort of routing system switches for the appropriate path and there will be sensing circuits in the same housing. I suggest you blow out the plug area with compressed air occasionally & inspect the pins & sockets for corrosion. Thats all you can really do. I found 1B at Gundagai didnt work for me but thats my only problem with SCs to date. Its seems to me that putting 300-400 A thru these pins is asking a lot of the hardware.

Reactions: voyxr6
View attachment 211849 View attachment 211850 View attachment 211851 I couldn't help myself, quick detour and top up to check it out on the way past. Fastest charge rate I've seen too. One thing I noticed is the charge cable is only just long enough to reach and only if right up to one side of the lane marking. I'm not complaining though!

Yeah I feel like the bumpers are a tad too far forward or the lines are too far across, I parked badly the second charge later in the day (after a quick trip to Daylesford for lunch and to make room :)) and while tight it still reached - the car does feel awkwardly far from the stalls even when you're well lined up. I agree with parking right on the right side lane marking seems the best i.e. line up the passenger side of the car with the middle of the stall and mostly ignore the painted lines other than to keep you straight.

Reactions: bradjc