Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email from Tesla:

"With up to 560km (est. NEDC) of range and 0–100 km/h in as little as 3.4 seconds with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Performance, Model 3 is now available to order in Australia. As a reservation holder, you’ll get delivery priority based on reservation date, delivery location and configuration options."

I got same message. They're trying to drum up sales. I promptly forwarded the tesla email back to tesla Australia saying I'd love to order but give us some options ie mid spec LR tow bar and wheels

Hopefully, today’s RBA rate cut will reduce car loan rates
On a related note, gee it’s gonna be fun watching the Liberal Party tie itself in knots trying to justify a recession or yet another budget deficit (cause one or the other is inevitable)
“But, but, but, it’s Labor’s policies of 1973 that got us into this mess”.....
Please make your poorly considered political comments elsewhere. This is a tesla forum.

Misread the email. Thought they were releasing the Dual Motor Long Range version in Australia and was ready to buy.

That *is* the AWD LR, but without the software-nerfing of the rear engine (aka P-). Doesn't cost Tesla a dime more than the AWD, now that all rear engines are capable of RWD LR performance levels (and even if they do binning, there are a lot of SR+ to put low bin engines into).

The official range for RHD vehicles is SR+/P-/P+.

In other words, there is no RWD LR anymore (it has disappeared even off-menu from all markets except China) and there is no software-nerfed AWD LR.

The “continental EU” and US “Performance” is that car plus the Performance Upgrade Pack (aka P+).

I don't expect that to change in the immediate future. Even in Europe and the US they converted most RWD LR outstanding orders to AWD LR or P- depending on country.

I don’t expect them to offer the RWD LR again unless they are no longer battery constrained even for the higher SR+/P production they're planning; if anything I’d expect LHD product range to move towards the RHD model instead of vice versa.

Reactions: jontyh
Speaking of accessories, I have read screen protectors and centre console wrap are good additions, but any other accessories you are all planning for your m3's?
I read the stock globes in the boot etc are really dim so it is recommended buying after market ones. Does the m3 come with floor mats?
Anything else of intetest?

Just got an email from Tesla:

"With up to 560km (est. NEDC) of range and 0–100 km/h in as little as 3.4 seconds with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Performance, Model 3 is now available to order in Australia. As a reservation holder, you’ll get delivery priority based on reservation date, delivery location and configuration options."
I replied too, saying thanks for the invite, but I’m not buying until there’s white interior and non-Performance AWD.

Maybe no-one will ever read the replies, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

Might also move the exchange rate vis-a-vis the $US lower, i.e. make Teslas more expensive. I think that's how the "theory" goes, but not sure how relevant that idea still is with interest rates so low in so many places around the world; at least while we're AAA rated...
Yes, the RBA dropping rates thanks to years of economic mismanagement & entrenchment of inequitable wealth redistribution will lead to a drop in the exchange rate & hence higher prices on Tesla, unless as you say America does (or is widely expected to do) likewise. In the short term, however, it benefits buyers until Tesla do a price adjustment. Most economists are expecting another 0.5% drop in the next 12 months (before we start wholesale quantitative easing - gotta prop up the property ponzi market & load up people with more debt!)
As for AAA rating, I suggest you watch The Big Short & Inside Job to get an idea of the (lack of) credibility of Ratings Agencies. Ratings for sale...