Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, assuming NSW based on your member profile, FSD at $7100 purchased with the car would have incurred additional charges of $2130 in LCT (ext GST cost times 33%) and $465 in SD (cost plus the LCT times 5% rounded up to the next $5). Grand total $9695.

Looks like the next change in August will be close to this total depending what USD1000 ends up being in Aus.

Was in Oakland on the 7/7/19- went to Seattle then Vancouver, now on its way to Long beach-
Then on to NZ & Oz (was in that ANL schedule you posted).. be very early, chances are slim- but not zero!

https://www.anl.com.au/products-services/line-services/exportserviceschedules?ScheduleCode=PS1ANL&ScheduleName=PCX - Pacific Coast Express

Here is the container ship ANL schedule for the next few weeks.

It kind of depends on your opinion of demand. If say 3000 people pulled the trigger in Australia and NZ, then it will be Roll on Roll off. If it was say only 600, then this is 200 containers.

But you are right, chance is not zero it will be a container ship.
Tesla could also deliver a tiny number in August, just to say deliveries commenced in August. They did this in the UK for the first model 3s in June.

Then there is the change of deliveries now showing September for new orders. This could be either be they have enough already for a full ship, or they are pushing deliveries back.

Glovis Champion arrives 21 July is seen as most likely RoRo candidate (currently steaming north near Mexico, heading to SFO)

SFL Conductor is another RoRo candidate heading to SFO due July 25

Last edited:
https://www.anl.com.au/products-services/line-services/exportserviceschedules?ScheduleCode=PS1ANL&ScheduleName=PCX - Pacific Coast Express

Here is the container ship ANL schedule for the next few weeks.

It kind of depends on your opinion of demand. If say 3000 people pulled the trigger in Australia and NZ, then it will be Roll on Roll off. If it was say only 600, then this is 200 containers.

But you are right, chance is not zero it will be a container ship.
Tesla could also deliver a tiny number in August, just to say deliveries commenced in August. They did this in the UK for the first model 3s in June.

Then there is the change of deliveries now showing September for new orders. This could be either be they have enough already for a full ship, or they are pushing deliveries back.

Glovis Champion arrives 21 July is seen as most likely RoRo candidate (currently steaming north near Mexico, heading to SFO)

SFL Conductor is another RoRo candidate heading to SFO due July 25
Neither of those RoRo’s are scheduled to stop at NZ. The port of Auckland provides a detailed schedule. Suggests to me that neither of these ships are candidates

Another change coming:

“Cost of Tesla full self-driving option increasing by ~$1000 on August 16”

Elon Musk on Twitter

I’m a big fan Elon but at AU$8k for vapourware it was a big stretch...now at $10k come August you are literally pricing yourself out of the market. Even us the biggest fanbois can’t justify throwing $10k on something that doesn’t exist...heck in Oz apart from self parking (which from what I’ve seen doesn’t work 50% of the time either) we don’t even have any of the other FSD features they’ve had in USA so you’d be taking a MASSIVE leap of faith that 1)FSD will be achieved in near future 2)Australia regulators will approve 3) By the time 1 + 2 are achieved your car isn’t already 9 years old.

Reactions: Stratman and m4rtin
Looks like the next change in August will be close to this total depending what USD1000 ends up being in Aus.

It will be more, around 9900, if the AUD/USD stays about where it is. We'd have to get 84c to our dollar for it to be around the same. But who knows! This is Elon and Tesla. Remember the default free white was tweeted as ''going to be flat'' and it is currently the previously $2100 multi coat!

When you look at our roads, intersections, constant roadworks, roundabouts, poorly marked roads I just can't see how they could do this. Like the intersection for Bunnerong and Anzac Pde in Sydney (just one random quick example). You'd be always having to be alert and watching, ready to take over and if that is the case you may as well just drive it yourself. Great on freeways and long drives (apart from the 45sec nag all the time)

bunner.JPG

Good chance only a handful of deliveries in August and the bulk delayed.

As for FSD, my thinking is park it for now and save your $. Not available for use and you're just being subject to additional LCT, SD and possibly FBT depending on purchase arrangement.

I can only see it being cheaper down the road once it goes live globally and is allowed in AU.

Good chance only a handful of deliveries in August and the bulk delayed.

As for FSD, my thinking is park it for now and save your $. Not available for use and you're just being subject to additional LCT, SD and possibly FBT depending on purchase arrangement.

I can only see it being cheaper down the road once it goes live globally and is allowed in AU.

Also out of the 3 available now features that Tesla list only 1 is working (parking), summon's is so crippled in Australia that it's generally not worth using and auto lane changing is disabled in Australia....so that's a lot of $'s to drop on self parking!

Also the coming "soon" features for later in 2019 will undoubtedly be banned in Australia at least for quitr a while, I dare say for the life of the car for many....

Reactions: smaldo
When you look at our roads, intersections, constant roadworks, roundabouts, poorly marked roads I just can't see how they could do this. Like the intersection for Bunnerong and Anzac Pde in Sydney (just one random quick example). You'd be always having to be alert and watching, ready to take over and if that is the case you may as well just drive it yourself. Great on freeways and long drives (apart from the 45sec nag all the time)

View attachment 430392
In Adelaide we have the worlds stupidist roundabout - two roundabouts joined to form an 8. Would be interesting to see if the software solves that too. Indeed the planet is full of unique road solutions that remind me why buying FSD until its ready is a complete waste of money.

In Adelaide we have the worlds stupidist roundabout - two roundabouts joined to form an 8. Would be interesting to see if the software solves that too. Indeed the planet is full of unique road solutions that remind me why buying FSD until its ready is a complete waste of money.

I think Swindon has got you beat as far as roundabouts go. This is what is called the "magic roundabout"

Magic_Roundabout_Schild_db.jpg

1*ajDimtTEyxBHw-VsVJE9MQ.jpeg