Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a pack of these.

They use ultrastrong adhesive so they are a literal nightmare to remove. When you try to peel them off the sticker disintegrates into millions of pieces, requiring you to have a scraper and some solvent.

I asked about the legalities of these with the local constabulary and as long as they can be removed, and don't damage the vehicle they are fine.

violationsticker.png

While this seems fun, we might be creating a whole bunch of Tesla-haters if we keep going down this path... :-/

I bought a pack of these.

They use ultrastrong adhesive so they are a literal nightmare to remove. When you try to peel them off the sticker disintegrates into millions of pieces, requiring you to have a scraper and some solvent.

I asked about the legalities of these with the local constabulary and as long as they can be removed, and don't damage the vehicle they are fine.

violationsticker.png

This would probably stop that person parking there again, but I doubt this is the best approach.
Having watched some of the recent vandalism against Teslas (USA footage) I really don't want to see additional aggression and trouble.

Obviously I can't tell anyone what to do or not do but from what I've seen, my preference would be:
Traffic cone or movable sign with "EV charging only" which will stop lazy buggers from using the spot due to the slight inconvenience.
Having a word with anyone parking in the spot that is not charging (EV or ICE)
Leaving an informative yet easily removable leaflet type thing under the wiper.
Hotwire their motor and park it somewhere else*

* may or may not be joking about this one

Yes, it is only active and visible when the school zone is active. (It also seems to recognise the current Victorian school holidays).
I tested it again this morning during school hours in a school zone in Sydney and the car still showed 70 as the speed.No change of max speed sign.
I have the speed limit set to relative with no offset. I have tested it normal driving and in Auto speed and Auto Pilot modes. None of them change the speed to 40k.
Do I need to use navigate to in order to see the school zone speed limit?

Here's how I switched on the fog lights on my SR+ that's parked in my garage (it was night time).
  1. Stepped on brake pedal and selected "N" gear (pushed gear selector up/down once).
  2. Front and rear fog lights switches now available.
    fog lights 1.jpg
  3. Switched on front fog light.
    fog lights 2.jpg
  4. Switched on both front & rear fog lights.
    fog lights 3.jpg
I had my doors closed when I did this. After putting the car back in "P", the fog light switches were still enabled. They grayed out when I opened the door even though the headlights were still on.

This would probably stop that person parking there again, but I doubt this is the best approach.
Having watched some of the recent vandalism against Teslas (USA footage) I really don't want to see additional aggression and trouble.

100% agree that being so aggressive to ICEers as a first response is counterproductive. That sort of sticker might be appropriate if the same vehicle repeatedly & deliberately parks in charging spots, but it's a quick way to earn an EV enemy for life.

I ride motorbikes, and there's similar tension between riders and "cagers". Most people may be oblivious, but are generally well meaning and respond to softer approaches. Riders who advocate kicking someone's wing mirror off for some perceived transgression just make things worse for everyone.

Good one... still waiting here. SR+ White, Res 2/4/2016, order 20/8/2019. Only 1291 days, will be in the 1300s now :(
Might even be in the 1400s.

They’re now saying end of November delivery. Let’s assume they miss that date, because they’ve failed to meet every other date. Into December and probably ships and logistics shut down until the new year.

So I’m going to expect a January delivery.

Driving in a works zone with 80kmh limit in what would normally be a 110kmh zone. How do I engaged TACC or AP at 80 not 110? Every time I engaged it it just accelerated to 110 and I had to wind the right scroll wheel to lower the limit. But it accelerates so aggressively that I reckon I got to 100 before I got the limit down. I assumed it would just engage at my current speed but no....?

Have enjoyed most of you posters. Was enthusiastic, for awhile, reading and checking account, a daily routine, but need a new car. Have got cold feet on the lack of customer service, waiting 2 months, since order. Would wait, if I even had a realistic timeline from a human. Imagine if I had any difficulties, AFTER they had my money? One more Tesla available, for those waiting. Enjoy your taste of the future. I might come back in a few years, when Tesla is less arrogant. Too many Ozzies willing to buy, with no customer service. Why would they bother?

Driving in a works zone with 80kmh limit in what would normally be a 110kmh zone. How do I engaged TACC or AP at 80 not 110? Every time I engaged it it just accelerated to 110 and I had to wind the right scroll wheel to lower the limit. But it accelerates so aggressively that I reckon I got to 100 before I got the limit down. I assumed it would just engage at my current speed but no....?

From 2019.32.11.1, I noticed that when I engaged TACC/AP while my foot was still on the accelerator, TACC/AP would set the speed to the current speed instead of the speed limit. My speed limit offset setting is 0kmh.

There are blogs/videos of TACC/AP setting the speed to the current speed limit if they're engaged within a certain time (~12s?) from a full stop. I will do more testing to see if that is the case---I'm pretty sure I had been cruising on non-TACC/AP for a while before engaging them while foot was still on accelerator. The speeds were slightly higher than the speed limit at those times. It should work the same way if your speed was lower than speed limit.

Reactions: HPSOV
Have enjoyed most of you posters. Was enthusiastic, for awhile, reading and checking account, a daily routine, but need a new car. Have got cold feet on the lack of customer service, waiting 2 months, since order. Would wait, if I even had a realistic timeline from a human. Imagine if I had any difficulties, AFTER they had my money? One more Tesla available, for those waiting. Enjoy your taste of the future. I might come back in a few years, when Tesla is less arrogant. Too many Ozzies willing to buy, with no customer service. Why would they bother?

Sorry to see you go Al Roper. Maybe some of us posters do a little too much ranting at times, please don’t let us put you off buying the most amazing car. Maybe we complain because we don’t have a service centre to go into if we don’t live in Melbourne Sydney or Brisbane, but if you live in Sydney you can visit in person if you should have any problems. Btw we had no problems with delivery, customer service or condition of our car and we are very satisfied customers and I believe there are many others like ourselves out there. We hope to see you back on these pages sometime soon. All the best.

IMO Model Y should help Tesla get to the scale where they can significantly improve customer service..

The issue isn't a desire to provide bad customer service, simply insufficient organisation, resources and staff.

The need to be the "right size" and over the hump of rapid growth...it can happen once they are around 2X the current size, that should be 2X the service centres and 2X the Superchargers...

The other consideration is nailing QA for the Model Y...too many problems and they will get swamped again..

Reactions: Bluebay