Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a pack of these.

They use ultrastrong adhesive so they are a literal nightmare to remove. When you try to peel them off the sticker disintegrates into millions of pieces, requiring you to have a scraper and some solvent.

I asked about the legalities of these with the local constabulary and as long as they can be removed, and don't damage the vehicle they are fine.

violationsticker.png

Last edited:
I bought a pack of these. They use ultrastrong adhesive so they are a literal nightmare to remove. When you try to peel them off the sticker disintegrates into millions of pieces, requiring you to have a scraper and some solvent. I asked about the legalities of these with the local constabulary and as long as they can be removed, and don't damage the vehicle they are fine.
Hmmm... I would not be so sure about that. It could easily be considered vandalism. It also seems unnecessarily aggressive. How about a note under the windscreen wiper?

Yeah, I'd say it probably comes under some kind of assault code given that it contains a threat that you're not legally authorised to carry out.

You can’t assault a car. People threaten things all the time they can’t carry out. Besides it says “may”. Anyways, not too worried about being chased down by the police for someone who is parking like a buffoon anyways. Most likely they (the driver) will assume it is the centre management. It’s not like I’m putting these on random cars somewhere.

You can’t assault a car. People threaten things all the time they can’t carry out. Besides it says “may”. Anyways, not too worried about being chased down by the police for someone who is parking like a buffoon anyways. Most likely they will assume it is the centre management.
The owner of the car is the person who will feel threatened not the car. The note addresses the person ("this vehicle", "driver's expense"), it doesn't say "you will be moved", "your expense". If it was centre management it would most likely contain the actual penalty (e.g. $200) and the phone number for centre management.

And if its a Tesla they'll know who put it there because of Sentry mode and can report you to police or management who may or may not do something about it.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Yeah, I'd say it probably comes under some kind of assault code given that it contains a threat that you're not legally authorised to carry out.

I'd stick with vandalism. Assault seems a bit far considering that the only "threat" is of towing the car and billing the owner for it. Maybe it can also be harassment, like if you stalked a car around and put stickers on it repeatedly.

Seems like there should be local laws prohibiting parking in a charging spot without charging.

Probably there should. But don't underestimate local council's ability to move slowly and accomplish nothing much useful. :)

Also, braked hard at one point when car ahead slowed down to let on ramp traffic in. A bit scary so you really need to be vigilant I guess.

Also finding the TACC to be amazingly polished in 99% of cases. The Auto Steer does get worrying in city streets and I have needed to step in to avoid issues from people suddenly cutting in and neighbouring cars not sticking to their lanes. That said, it is not officially intended for suburban use so I accept the limitations. The self steering ability is significantly more advanced than similar systems I've used - the one in a new Merc GLC doesn't come close.

The 1% of cases where there is a problem have been when cars have cut-in or act like they might cut-in. The cut-ins have been last minute events so there has been sudden over braking as a reaction. The might cut-ins are the strange ones where the car suddenly brakes with no apparent obstacle ahead - but I have noticed it happening when the car next to you does that weird hesitant maybe/maybe not type fluffing about.

There was also this one case the car suddenly braking, apparently thought there was an obstacle along the Westgate while doing 100km/h. I noticed it happened when it was approaching an overpass - maybe the shadows might have looked like something? Anyway, bit of a shock going at those speeds. Lucky the car behind wasn't following too close otherwise might have caused a prang. They backed off even more after that though.

Never tried running it overnight, but from what I've seen in general I would definitely switch it off for anything over a week. 4 days probably fine as long as you don't need a ton of charge to get to/from the airport.

I hope they can optimise the sentry drain in future software. The point of it is to cover you when you are not around. Wouldn't long stay parking be the exact scenario where sentry would be useful? Not very useful as a feature if you had to turn it off in that scenario.

No, all files are now using h264. Best way to be sure is to remove the 3 plazas tic screws under the glove box. Then pry the panel open, you can see there the HW type.

Here is mine:

But I was told that all Australian model 3 were using HW3.0

I was going to check today as well and have now confirmed computer is p/n 1462554 = HW 3.0

That is a P- that was shipped on ANL Warrnambool with no FSD

I just had a weird situation where my reversing camera went blank for a drive (black screen).
When I returned to the car I opened the boot... juggle things around a bit and it came good for the return journey.
That is the first serious glitch i have had, it may be a lose connection....
Has anyone else had that problem?

EDIT:: I checked the Model 3 forum other people have had the issue it is intermittent a reboot probably fixes it..

Last edited:
Chargepoint operate as administrator of a number of independently installed chargers and also their own network. Their own network is all Type 2
Yes you are correct that ChargePoint operate as a biller and administrator for independently owned chargers. ChargeFox works in the same way.
I actually tried to visit the Australian version of ChargePoint today after I made my post and was unable to find a product page for Australia, it kept sending me to the US site which are all J1772 based chargers.
Perhaps they now sell Type 2 equipped charging stations but I have yet to find one.
Certainly the one I use most regularly in Westfield Bondi Junction is ChargePoint branded chargers and all 4 are J1772 plugs. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You