Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh gees.. I didn't realise it would specifically say Tasmania in the inventory! I thought they'd just keep it in Melbourne. That makes it even more sad that I can see my specific car sitting there looking back at me! :p

Oh wow, that's got to be annoying.

I'm also currently leaning towards purchasing a SR+ and in Tasmania so also looking for any news on the EV Stamp Duty waiver front in Tasmania as that's a decent chunk of money.

I've also just booked in to get some new tyres on what would be my trade in, I at least have to get some k's on them first as well :)

Does anyone know if the Model 3 recall for seatbelts affects Australia? I did a check on the VIN Recall Search | Tesla Service and my Model 3 came up with:

"The driver- and front-passenger shoulder belt portion of the seat belt system is attached to the b-pillar through a top loop and an actuating bracket, each of which are secured with fasteners. During assembly, one or both fasteners may not have been secured to the correct specifications."

They'll probably forget we're RHD. On the inside of my front passenger side door there's a red safety reflector, but not in my front driver's side door. I'd assume that's to try and warn Cyclists and anyone else passing close by that I'm not paying attention. But it's not much help on the inside!

So pump both side's controls, just in case :)

Sounds like prices are going up and more features being removed:

Moving lumbar was removed only in front passenger seat of 3/Y (obv not there in rear seats). Logs showed almost no usage. Not worth cost/mass for everyone when almost never used. Prices increasing due to major supply chain price pressure industry-wide. Raw materials especially.

silly removing it on that basis. I just adjust it to how I want it and leave it there. Haven't adjusted it in probably over 12 months. On that basis.. few people use the air bags so get rid of them...

Picked up my Performance Model 3 yesterday. Haven't done a lot of driving due to lockdown and a new pup at home. Its an amazing car to drive. Loving every minute of it. I'll post pics once I've got a few mins to take the photos.

Delivery was ok since it was touchless click and collect. Vehicle detailing is not very good, water spots everywhere. Dirt not cleaned on the side view mirror. Panel gaps are ok, not as good as I would say Merc or BMW but much better than earlier ones I have seen.

The third ship of the quarter has now visited Brisbane and Wollongong and currently headed towards Melbourne to dock at 4am local time. According to VedaPrime, this shipment contains the most number of Model 3s ever delivered in one go to Australia.

As someone with an SR+ on that boat, it's been hard not to watch its slow progress: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Don't know what will be first, lockdown lifting or taking delivery...

Picked up my Performance Model 3 yesterday. Haven't done a lot of driving due to lockdown and a new pup at home. Its an amazing car to drive. Loving every minute of it. I'll post pics once I've got a few mins to take the photos.

Delivery was ok since it was touchless click and collect. Vehicle detailing is not very good, water spots everywhere. Dirt not cleaned on the side view mirror. Panel gaps are ok, not as good as I would say Merc or BMW but much better than earlier ones I have seen.
How long in advance did they call you to book the delivery?