Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back, they changed the generic "reveal" prize to specifically be for the Model 3.

Only the current referral program mentions the semi event so I believe we will still be invited to a Model 3 event:
Very interesting. If that's still the language, let's hope they get organized on the invites. We all want to see your coverage! :D

Very interesting. If that's still the language, let's hope they get organized on the invites. We all want to see your coverage! :D
In the referral survey that was sent out last night, there was text indicating something like "invites will be sent out later this week or early next week" but I don't remember the exact wording. I'm sure someone will post screenshots of that later today, so keep yours eyes peeled. :)

I doubt anyone has a real answer, but I'll ask anyway. Does the Founder's Powerwall referral award include the "$700 Supporting hardware" mentioned on the Tesla Powerwall page? Tesla Powerwall

I know it does not include installation.
Totally guessing here but I'd say no, thinking the "supporting hardware" is a sunny boy inverter that is required to make a powerwall work with a solar array. But a quick check reveals that most sunny boy inverters are more than $700, perhaps Tesla gets them at a reduced price?

Thanks. Assume a non-solar installation -- just power backup.

I am also expecting a Powerwall from the referral program that ended January 15th. That program states that installation is included. You should not need an inverter in your situation. I have (2)inverters for the solar installation I have but the Powerwall will not interacting with my arrays. My understanding is that there are two versions of the Powerwall (DC and AC versions). If you do not want solar or have solar already you can opt for the AC version which goes directly to the main panel. I don't believe that the DC version is even offered anymore. I will post some links to documentation explaining the differences when I return home.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I am also expecting a Powerwall from the referral program that ended January 15th. That program states that installation is included. You should not need an inverter in your situation. I have (2)inverters for the solar installation I have but the Powerwall will not interacting with my arrays. My understanding is that there are two versions of the Powerwall (DC and AC versions). If you do not want solar or have solar already you can opt for the AC version which goes directly to the main panel. I don't believe that the DC version is even offered anymore. I will post some links to documentation explaining the differences when I return home.
Things may have changed with the Powerwall 2. We went to the Tesla Weekend Social event at Park Meadows in Lone Tree (Denver) on Sunday and they said that there's just one version now. We indicated we don't have solar yet but are planning on adding it in the coming year or so. They said we could go ahead and get the Powerwalls installed now and add solar later (without needing to change out the Powerwalls).

The following link are the specifications I was referring to:

Powerwall 2 Full Specs Reveal Cheap Storage And Limited Warranty

Here is the Model 3 info I received from my questionnaire. Based on them saying more info will arrive in the coming week, I would imagine it will be for the 28th. Previous events didn't give a lot of notice either. I have already put the time off on my work calendar to make sure no one schedules anything for me.

Thanks Erik

Tesla referral program 7.10 6 Model 3 invite.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Received a similar email today ... :cool:

I received approval to extend an invitation to the Model 3 release event to you. A member of the Events team will be in contact in the new few days once the logistics of the event are finalized (if they have not already reached out). Please let me know if you do not hear from someone within the next week and I will follow-up on your behalf.

Thank you again for your continued patience, and I hope your ownership experience is going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.